What Team Would You Most Like to Resemble? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Buffalo has $90 mil in cap space and basically only needs outside of the QBs play elevation some size WRs in a loaded wr class to take some catch radius pressure off josh allen and a cb piece or two.

they have everything else
Agree but the QB is biggest question and most important one at that.
Decision making- mistakes may prove too difficult to overcome in close playoff games.

He‘s been in a playoff game in his second season. I’m sure they’ll ride it out. But if he makes those bone headed plays again in the post season next year, they’ll start preparing if they have any brains. You can coach a lot of things in a QB but you can’t coach stupidity
This is a key season for him in IMO.

It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds. The AFC records for the second half of the 2019 season were: Bills 4-4, Dolphins 4-4, Patriots 4-4 and Jets 6-2. A few key player additions and loses could go a long way in changing the face of the division in 2020.
Interesting stat. I didn't realize the Jets finished so strong. I know their early schedule was daunting.

Titans mold reminds me of a combo between the Pats and 49ers honestly
Look how close they came to the super bowl. Had the lead against KC, but obviously it's hard to hold the Chiefs down for long.

Characteristics I'd want my SB capable team to have.
1. Disciplined
2. Smart
3. Flexible (can create custom game plans for each opponent, as well as change gears on the fly when things aren't working).
4. Well coached. As in, the players always know what their assignments are and have been developed to make the most of their skills (the opposite of Gase)
5. Players chosen for their ability to make all of the above work, rather than only for their physical talents. In time, I think it's entirely possible to have a team full of guys like that.

Wisely constructed and coached teams should be able to beat anyone. Choosing the right players is critical. In the end, that takes exhaustive scouting, thought and scheming. Depending too much on good fortune is for losers.

A team built like this feeds on it's own success through well earned confidence in themselves. Once they've made it to the dance without desperately selling the farm, it should be quite sustainable.

Last edited:
Steelers. Top notch organization.
Can't really argue their consistency.

Three HCs in what, four decades?

8 SB appearances with 6 wins. The only other teams I can think of with that kind of history are Pats, 49ers, and maybe Boys.

The chiefs. They have the right idea. Great QB and fast playmakers, decent defense with great players at key positions. Pretty good lines.

I would like to look like the 2023 Miami Dolphins...

Tua fresh off an MVP season with Miami falling short to the Seahawks in the 2022 Super Bowl.

Tough one. I actively dislike at least half of NFL teams for one reason or another, and a lot of the rest are not teams that I would want the Dolphins to particulalry resemble or emulate.

Other than the fairly obvious Chiefs maybe the Vikings I guess? They seem to be reasonably stable and successful without being complete arseholes about it. I mean Kirk Cousins can go **** himself but other than that they're OK.

How can it be anything except NE. The most successful organisation in a 20 year period in the NFL history.

The Steelers and Ravens also in the last 20 years. Have had the most continued success.
Yeah, the team that has the most cheating accusations over the past 20 years is more like it.

I'd say the 1972 Dolphins the 1984 + 1985 Dolphins would be a close 2nd.

Yeah, the team that has the most cheating accusations over the past 20 years is more like it.

I'd say the 1972 Dolphins the 1984 + 1985 Dolphins would be a close 2nd.

They would still have had success don’t be bitter

Back
Top Bottom