What Team Would You Most Like to Resemble? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
With the Miami Dolphins in a total rebuild mode, I just wonder what team you would most like Miami to resemble?

For me, I think it would be the 49ers. Not sure yet on Jimmy G, but he did make it to the super bowl in his first full season as a starter. I think Dan Marino was the last to accomplish that. Anyway, I like their defensive line and how it can take over games. Also, their offensive line is pretty darn good. Due partly to scheme and Kyle Shanahan they can seemingly run the ball successfully without a star runner. They look to be built for the long-term, but that is always hard to forecast in the NFL.

Obviously, I love the Chiefs offense but I'm not kidding myself into thinking Pat Mahomes type quarterbacks grow on trees. I like the physical style Baltimore plays. I'm just not sure how sustainable Lamar Jackson is. He has struggled in the playoffs.

Anyway, I think a good discussion point moving forward.
A winning one

Titans.

They will get even better adding a few key pieces. They dont rely on one or two or three phenoms. adding a solid QB made their run game go. This is a team with a formula that can be replicated.

they dont have to have THAT qb, or THAT rb, or THAT wr, or THAT ol, or dl or CB , etc... it’s solid play across the board with various units stepping up to carry the load when others struggle.

They can match you in a shootout, or play a slow down grind it out. They can build leads and come from behind.

Miami can build that if it has the right FO to support this coaching staff.

Last edited:
Titans.

They will get even better adding a few key pieces. They dont rely on one or two or three phenoms. adding a solid QB made their run game go. This is a team with a formula that can be replicated.

they dont have to have THAT qb, or THAT rb, or THAT wr, or THAT ol, or dl or CB , etc... it’s solid play across the board with various units stepping up to carry the load when others struggle.

They can match you in a shootout, or play a slow down grind it out. They can build leads and come from behind.

And yet, Titans have been 9-7 the last 4 years including this one... This is exactly the type of team I dont want.

And yet, Titans have been 9-7 the last 4 years including this one... This is exactly the type of team I dont want.

yeah that team that averaged 30 pts in the 2nd half of the season, beat belichek on road playoff, and shut down a virtually unbeatable juggernaut in Maryland is exactly what we dont need.

You by chance dont work in the dolphin front office, do you?

Titans.

Not sure what Henry would have to say about that. He sure looked like the best runner in football last year.

The frightening thing about that model is that it has been proven over and over again that when you give someone 300+ carries you should not expect the same production the next season. Its just not realistic to ask Henry to do that every year. And without his superhuman effort the team isn't even sniffing the playoffs.

The most sustainable format seems to be a franchise QB coupled with a defense. The Pats, Steelers, Seahawks, and the Ravens if they have finally found their QB.

I would love it if they resembled the 90s version of the SUPERBOWL winning Cowboys team.

-A consistent chunk running game.

-A high percentage passing game that converted 3rd downs, made teams pay deep, and were almost a TD gimme when they reached the Redzone.

-A pressure defense that gave QB's little time, while having a very compitent smothering secondary.

A mix between the Titans & Patriots...

Whatever they do I just hope they don't go for a college style running QB like Lamar Jackson.

yeah that team that averaged 30 pts in the 2nd half of the season, beat belichek on road playoff, and shut down a virtually unbeatable juggernaut in Maryland is exactly what we dont need.

You by chance dont work in the dolphin front office, do you?
Then promptly lost. They had a running game at a virtually unprecedented rate heading into the playoffs since the beginning of the league and still lost.

No thanks.

I certainly agree with your overall statement about being perennially mediocre.

Not that I think the Titans are some dynasty in the making, or a blueprint for SB runs, but the whole construct of thier offense changed after RT became the starter. That tells me MM was worse than I thought, and I thought he was below average to begin with.

A tale of two cities, so to speak. Kind of a "best of times, worst of times" thing.

I wouldn't be shocked if they win 11 or 12 games next year, assuming the FA losses are not devestating.

Last edited:
I would love it if they resembled the 90s version of the SUPERBOWL winning Cowboys team.

-A consistent chunk running game.

-A high percentage passing game that converted 3rd downs, made teams pay deep, and were almost a TD gimme when they reached the Redzone.

-A pressure defense that gave QB's little time, while having a very compitent smothering secondary.
IMO the driving force of that team was not Smith or Aikman or Irving (all great HOFers), but the lines on both sides of the ball, and JJ.

That O-line was ridiculous, and Johnson had the entire team executing like a well oiled machine.

Back
Top Bottom