What Teams are Competing With Miami for a Quarterback? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Teams are Competing With Miami for a Quarterback?

I think New Orleans we can take off this list... pretty sure last few games have shown they have found their Brees replacement
Isn't Bridgewater a free agent after the season? If so, he certainly might consider staying with New Orleans, but that might depend on how many more years Brees wants to play.

I think New Orleans we can take off this list... pretty sure last few games have shown they have found their Brees replacement
The Saints cannot afford him next year, he will command a lot.......5-0

Denver still has Lock who Elway was high on.

Eh I dont believe that to be true. If I remember correctly the Broncos traded down in the first round and still passed on Lock. He fell into their laps in the 2nd round. that being said, if Elway was really high on Lock then they would have drafted him in the first and not take the risk of missing out.

half of those team you can take off.

Colts are doing great with Jacoby Brisset and he is actually having a really good year - QB not a top priority
Jon Gruden is cheap when it comes to QB's for a guy who supposedly a QB guru or whatever - Gruden will draft a Bruce Gradkowski type in the middle rounds
Saints have Bridgewater waiting
Dont know why you even have Green bay on there
Chargers are still trying to win a superbowl with Rivers
Jets will not move on from Darnold this soon. A couple weeks ago people were talking about how Darnold makes the Jets so much better after they beat the Cowgirls.
Patriots always looking to draft a QB.... but in round one this year??? to Trade up??? Dont see that happening THIS year.

So I see Bengals, Broncos, Bucs, and Titans as teams who would draft a QB in round one or try to trade up to get one.

I forgot about Chicago. Chicago is a team to look out for, they have nice pieces around them except for the QB but they seem more built to trade for or sign a veteran QB to win now.

All of them are in competition for a QB over Miami. If they themselves do not need a QB they will trade it to someone who does. We cant look at it as we only need to be worse than a team who needs a QB. If we dont get the first pick the only way to get Tua is to give up alot of our stockpiled picks. Point Blank

The Saints cannot afford him next year, he will command a lot.......5-0

Playing with a Top 5 offense with a Top tier WR and a great signal caller in Payton.

He is in a great situation, lest not forget Dome vs Natural elements.

Might actually draft a 1st round QB:
Bucs - Winston is average at best
Titans - Mariotta is benched, so unless they decide Tannehill is the answer...
Saints - Brees and Bridgewater are free agents next year. They could resign both, or one and draft a QB, or sign someone cheap and draft a QB.
Bengals - Dalton is benched, they are clearly going to be looking, unless Finley amazes.
Redskins - I wouldn't have thought so, but if they blow up the Front Office along with getting a new coach, it's possible.
Panthers - Cam is always hurt, and while Allen looks ok, they may have a new coaching staff next year, who would want to start fresh.
Chargers - Rivers is older, hasn't looked quite as good, and could well retire.
Bears - I'd guess they'll try for a veteran, but they could draft a first round QB.
Raiders - Probably shouldn't, but if Gruden falls in love...

Probably won't draft a QB in the 1st:
Steelers - They have Big Ben coming back, and Rudolph looks ok. Unless they blow up the coaching staff, I'd expect them to stick with their existing QBs. Plus they'd have to trade up since they don't have a first.
Broncos - Elway wouldn't admit he is wrong 1 year after drafting a QB, not to mention we don't know if Lock is good yet.
Falcons - Matt Ryan is playing well, and isn't that old. Unless they trade him for a kings ransom, why would they go back to the draft now?
Jets - Darnold has looked good at times, and I'd guess Gase is more likely to be shown the door than he is.
Pats - I'll never say they won't do something, but unless Brady retires, I tend to think they'll keep using their existing QB formula or middle round picks.

Not Drafting a 1st round QB:
Colts - Brissett is good
Packers - Rodgers isn't going anywhere

Picking 3rd we end up with Fromm, Herbert or possibly Chase Young.

Young would be great but Tua and Burrow could well be gone.

Fromm isn’t going that high. He is at best a 3rd round pick and a backup to scout team QB.

Off the top of my head.

Cincinnati -- They've already pulled Dalton for Finley.
NY Jets --- Probably stick with Darnold, but could change if they switch coaches.
Denver -- A big need for Broncos.
Tampa Bay --- Winston is up and down.
LA Chargers --- Rivers can't play forever.
Raiders --- You just know Gruden wants an upgrade over Carr.
Tennessee --- Tannehill is currently starting.
Indianapolis -- Possibly?
Green Bay -- Not a huge need with Rogers there, but maybe look toward future.
New Orleans -- Brees may have a year or two left.
New England --- Eventually need replacement for Brady.

Add Pittsburgh- Ben Very well could retire

Back
Top Bottom