What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

Cousins has said he wants to win and will take less $$$, that leaves Jets out...whew
Alex Smith is a vg QB, Redskins could do worse, way worse
We need a rook and seasoned vet to replace Moore once he's gone, that is unless Gase sees potential in one we already have...doubt it

Cousins has said he wants to win and will take less $$$, that leaves Jets out...whew
Alex Smith is a vg QB, Redskins could do worse, way worse
We need a rook and seasoned vet to replace Moore once he's gone, that is unless Gase sees potential in one we already have...doubt it
Jets are better then us. There a QB away of being a good team. There defense is good. If they go defense and lock up Cousins. They can make a run to the playoffs.

Cousins will be too costly for Miami unless they get rid of Tannehill. But I also don't know to feel about Cousins. At times he's looked great. Plus the Redskins are pretty much as inept as Miami in offseason moves. Even when they have success it only lasts like a year. I don't know if I would truly trust the Redskins on anything, especially when they give an Alex Smith a contract like that. But again, I just don't see Miami in this conversation unless Tannehill isn't coming back.

It's more like will our competition pick him up. The Bills and Jets are qb needy. Maybe Buffalo trades one of their 1st's for him?

Imagine being a Redskins fan?
Cousins was the least of their problems. They have no weapons. Do they think Smith will solve their lackluster offense?

He's a free agent. I see him going to Denver......or the Browns!
If Dallas has the cap I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the mix.

Wow, every QB-needy team just did a double take. Broncos, Jets, Browns, Giants, Cardinals, the list goes on on and on. WORST case scenario is the Bills somehow landing him. He elevates that team and we do not need two powerhouses in our division.

Ultimately, maybe it's just because he is pasty white, but I could see him landing in Denver. They seem to have a thing for QBs of that complexion.

Cousins is smart to want a team that is already good. He is a QB that can certainly strengthen a team, but obviously isn't the one man army that Brady, Manning, Elway, Marino and others were. Better to hop on a team already on the ascent and take credit for the success!

Imagine being a Redskins fan?
Cousins was the least of their problems. They have no weapons. Do they think Smith will solve their lackluster offense?

Well, the Washington coaching staff / front office clearly felt this move was an upgrade.

However, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Washington has much bigger problems than Kirk Cousins, and Alex Smith isn't going to to make that team a contender. If the Redskins don't address multiple other areas of need, this move will be pointless.

I'm glad he didnt go to the jets or bills. Now hopefully cousins stays out of our division too. Though I could see cousins in a Jets jersey. Go to the browns cousins and give the steelers and ravens trouble.

Wow, every QB-needy team just did a double take. Broncos, Jets, Browns, Giants, Cardinals, the list goes on on and on. WORST case scenario is the Bills somehow landing him. He elevates that team and we do not need two powerhouses in our division.

Ultimately, maybe it's just because he is pasty white, but I could see him landing in Denver. They seem to have a thing for QBs of that complexion.

Cousins is smart to want a team that is already good. He is a QB that can certainly strengthen a team, but obviously isn't the one man army that Brady, Manning, Elway, Marino and others were. Better to hop on a team already on the ascent and take credit for the success!
Cousins to the cardinals would be a great match. They have lots of pieces.

Just about everything you need to know about Kirk Cousins was told to you by the Washington Redskins today.
And that's the bottom line. Kirk Cousins is a good QB, he is nobody that strikes fear into opposing defenses though. Washington knows this and they did not want to overpay for Cousins. They are going with Alex Smith instead. I couldn't care less if Cousins goes to the Jets or Bills or whomever.

Back
Top Bottom