What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

I think it has more to do with cousins pricing himself out of Washington than anything else. Possible he told them given the tags the last few years he’s not resigning regardless.

Gruden better take a good chunk of Reid’s playbook and play calls with Alex Smith

Jets could be another team on tbe cousins hunt.

Quick: you crack your glass and it is fixed, and another rock hits it and cracks it... is it cracked on two separate occasions?

Kudos to Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill for that

Yeah this doesn’t help us. Cousins goes to a team in front of us meaning another none qb top player comes off the board prior to pick 11

Don’t see why cousins would choose buffalo or zona maybe zona but I doubt it with that new head coach unless they have a connection somewhere

Think about what Denver or the jets would do if they landed cousins with that top pick. Jets seem pretty easy to project Marcus Davenport as a 2 point stance 34 olb fit after all it’s their secondary need been that way forever but Denver hmmm. They have a left tackle they like in bolles would they go Quenton Nelson there and give cousins the same thing he had in Washington when healthy a very high level o line to protect their new qb investment? Qb and o line primary needs in Denver

I’d bet all the money in my wallet that Davenport goes to a 34 team. He only lines up in a 3 point in run contain

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with cousins pricing himself out of Washington than anything else. Possible he told them given the tags the last few years he’s not resigning regardless.

Gruden better take a good chunk of Reid’s playbook and play calls with Alex Smith

Jets could be another team on tbe cousins hunt.[/QUOTE

I guess if Smith gets $71m guaranteed, Cousins will get more?

When you see these numbers like $71 million guaranteed over just 4 years on a 33 year old qb it’s why you don’t restructure tannehill.

You let him play 2018 with an easy out after if need be at his current #

When you see these numbers like $71 million guaranteed over just 4 years it’s why you don’t restructure tannehill.

You let him play 2018 with an easy out after if need be at his current #
Exactly. We will know after this year what Tannehill truly is.

to me, cousins ideal landing spot is denver....that team strikes me as most ready and i'm sure cousins wouldn't mind elway and that defense being on his side

the jets are not better than us, truly. maybe up front defensively, but that would be about it. skill positions, secondary, qb, coaching...that team is a mess

also shocked at the size of the contract smith just brought in, his play was very much tied to that offense and while he is a very good qb...i'm not sure that will transition to a different organization, comfort level has something to do with it.

I can't believe the JAGS are picking up the 17M option on Bortles. Cousins would have been a good get for them.

The position is crazy expensive. Hell wash just gave a 34 year old soon to be highly system driven qb $71 mil guaranteed.

If that doesn’t draw your eye nothing will.

It’s also why the top qbs in the draft are gonna fly off teams can control their rights for 5 years dirt cheap. Darnold rosen allen all long gone top 6. Fit the prototype you gone

They will either come up for them or they will run the cards up.

The qb pick value in the draft cap wise is just way too enticing and worth the risk. Unless you are a gm and your job lies on one of these kids. Your necks in a noose if they don’t pan out. But it’s a chance you have to take

Without one unless you build a all decade like defense which is even more rare than franchise qbs you are fired anyways

Vikings will probably unload a QB as well but that end up being more of a backup situation more so than a starter so I suppose that won’t effect MIA and the draft.

Those QB’s in the draft are going quick though, like Hoops said, either a team picks them or other teams trade up for them. I think only Jackson is left on the board when we pick.

"NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports there is no structural damage to Ryan Tannehill's left knee after he exited practice following a non-contact spill, per a member of the organization. Tannehill underwent an MRI after practice and his knee is as sound as it was before, per Kinkhabwala."

Again, the MRI showed no damage and Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill both said the Knee was healed 100%. It is sad to think that he had injured the knee twice because he is the savior, but he did - and I know it breaks your heart to hear it. Please don't listen to them.

Bortles wrist injury means he won't pass a physical. So they can't rescind that 5th year option. Looks like they are stuck with him. Been hearing that a lot in the past few days. How does that affect us with James? Will he pass a physical allowing Miami to cut him?

Back
Top Bottom