What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

One good thing that comes from it. He is not in the AFC anymore. He owned the Dolphins defense. We didn’t have an answer for his quick passing game.

Denver lands cousins unless they have a top 5 grade on Nelson I think they highly likely trade out candidate for someone coming up for a qb should a top one still be there.

Denver has corners they have safeties they need o line piece might not value it top 5 though and they don’t need left tackle

I’d say Saquon Barkley would be a major interest for them but I don’t expect him to get past Cleveland at 4 unless they were to trade out for again a team coming up for a qb.

There’s also talk that joe Thomas is gonna hang em up which would put left tackle as Cleveland’s secondary need.

Bortles wrist injury means he won't pass a physical. So they can't rescind that 5th year option. Looks like they are stuck with him. Been hearing that a lot in the past few days. How does that affect us with James? Will he pass a physical allowing Miami to cut him?

I Had thought about the same thing about James when he went on IR, but I get the sense he will be able to pass a physical.

Yea I mean i still don't know why people are all up in arms about Tannehill's knee injury.

Fact is he got hurt, he rehabbed and was cleared and got hurt again. 1 injury, 2 injuries . . . Who gives a damn it really damaged us the last two seasons and we need a better contingency plan going forward in case something else goes wrong.

Putting all the eggs in that basket without having a QB on the roster behind him that is either a highly rated rookie or a proven veteran that coach trusts when camp starts would be the most irresponsible thing we can do this offseason.

LOL Cousins in barely an upgrade at best. I'm a big redskins fan too, I've seen a lot of him. I'm glad to see him go, Alex Smith is a (temporary) upgrade and cheaper. THill is a steal for what Cousins is about to get paid. THill is in is prime. Lets see what he can do and not give Cousins Landrys money.

If there is belief within the team that we are a quarterback like Cousins away from being a perennial play off team, and by having him under center we have a greater chance of developing into a perennial contender - then we should do whatever it takes to bring him on board. However, if he's merely a slight upgrade at quarterback and his presence doesn't significantly boost us, then we should probably stay away from signing him and focus our attention on strengthening the rest of the team.

reinjure:
(riːˈɪndʒə)
verb (transitive)
to injure again

Take it up with Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill (though I'm sure you believe in your opinion over theirs)
reinjure:
(riːˈɪndʒə)
verb (transitive)
to injure again

Take it up with Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill (though I'm sure you believe in your opinion over theirs)
your assuming it was fully healed, I am of the opinion it wasnt. Not everyone has to try and be condescending to prove a point.

This could really bite KC in the butt if Mahomes struggles and Cousins goes to Denver! However, I see Smith, Cousins, and Tannehill as equal Qbs, one is no better than the other. Tanne's knee is obviously the biggest concern. I wouldn't mind going QB in the 3rd or later round. No way should we go QB in the first with the other issues we have on this team! I don't care who you put back there until we fix our OL. Then you have FS, LB, DE (replace Wake) and other holes on the D that need to be addressed first!

McCown played very well for them and they still sucked, Jets are as dysfunctional as we are maybe more so.

Agreed. While I like cousins, I don't see a significant improvement in QB play from what they got last year if they go with Cousins. And that is def not enough to become a threatening team. He would give them a longer term good QB though for the future.

Smith and Tannehill are essentially the same qb

A stat comparison of Ryan’s career vs Smith stay in KC is close in a lot of areas. 77 games vs 76

Both complete close to 21 passes per game
Ryan attempts 2 more passes per game 34-32
Passing yards per game in favor of Ryan 240-232
Both throw 1.4 TD’s per game
Smith threw 33 less interceptions, the one area where one player has a decided advantage.
Ryan gets sacked 2.8 times per game while Smith is 2.5
Smith was paid 67 million and Ryan 50 million

Very similar.

A stat comparison of Ryan’s career vs Smith stay in KC is close in a lot of areas. 77 games vs 76

Both complete close to 21 passes per game
Ryan attempts 2 more passes per game 34-32
Passing yards per game in favor of Ryan 240-232
Both throw 1.4 TD’s per game
Smith threw 33 less interceptions, the one area where one player has a decided advantage.
Ryan gets sacked 2.8 times per game while Smith is 2.5
Smith was paid 67 million and Ryan 50 million

Very similar.

Smith has been on a much better team with much better coaches!

your assuming it was fully healed, I am of the opinion it wasnt. Not everyone has to try and be condescending to prove a point.

That's why I value the opinion of Dr's like Dr. Andrews (who does this sort of thing for a living) and the guy who owns the knee - Ryan Tannehill, rather than fanbois , but you do you.

Back
Top Bottom