what the hell? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what the hell?

BlitPhinFan said:
he did a decent job. Also couple that with the mis-reads of the NEW backs on certain coverages in the flats?

I agree with you Blit. I just think it is silly for someone to automatically bash Saban or Frerotte because Feeley may have some potential... and to lay blame at everyone and expect Feeley to get none. Wannstedt said last year that one INT. returned for a TD was because of a RB mistake- but when pressed on the issue he seemed to bypass the issue, maybe he was trying to take some heat off of his new QB? I don't blame him, you don't want to kill the guys confidence, but when he goes out there, nearly every week, and throws an INT for a TD... it's always the O-line, or the RB, or the system wasn't dumbed down enough for the guy. Why be so protective of him?

TeeMoney said:
I agree with you Blit. I just think it is silly for someone to automatically bash Saban or Frerotte because Feeley may have some potential... and to lay blame at everyone and expect Feeley to get none. Wannstedt said last year that one INT. returned for a TD was because of a RB mistake- but when pressed on the issue he seemed to bypass the issue, maybe he was trying to take some heat off of his new QB? I don't blame him, you don't want to kill the guys confidence, but when he goes out there, nearly every week, and throws an INT for a TD... it's always the O-line, or the RB, or the system wasn't dumbed down enough for the guy. Why be so protective of him?

I agree to a point, but if the same coach makes the same read and calls a screen pass... sorry but Wannstedt was that predictable... and the backs or TE's are reading somthing diferent and your job is at stake... who are you going to listen to? My guess would be the caoch. If not then.. you have my ut-most respect at that point. I was able to sit back and actually know when the screen was coming... to me that's pretty darn sad.

All of us fans can see it coming, but the guy throwing the pass couldn't? We should expect more from the QB position, IMO.

TeeMoney said:
All of us fans can see it coming, but the guy throwing the pass couldn't? We should expect more from the QB position, IMO.

To a point, yes. But what if you, as the QB, read the coverage right and your NEW back did not? It's a timing pattern and he runs an in to what he thinks will expose a hole in the zone coverage. But you read the defensive backs are playing off and soft. Where would you throw it to? Me I would most certainly throw it to the back on the outside, best chance to run over a small secondary defender. Oh wait... he's not there but the ball is gone due to a timing patttern... int for a TD!

There are too many variables to know what actually happened, that's my point. But if we sit back and analyze the play calling we can at least come up with a somewhat plossible conclusion and blame it on predictability. Though, I admit this isn't even close to full proof either. You have to either believe or dis-believe to get it going.

EDIT: okay.. I got caught up in the heat of the moment and missed this "I agree with you Blit. I just think it is silly for someone to automatically bash Saban or Frerotte because Feeley may have some potential..."

My bad and I appologise, TeeMoney. I agree, there is noway we should bash Saban or Gus at this point in time. For all we know Gus could actually be the answer to our woes. My appologies for not reading your post clearly

You are not going to blame every interception and int-for-td Feeley threw on the RB's are you? Really? You are going through great pains to create any possible abberation- rather than saying "the guy threw the ball to the wrong guy".

New coaches and a new system... a fresh start could do Feeley some good- but it seems that he is already in Saban's doghouse (with recent reports) and is looking at an uphill battle in training camp.

TeeMoney said:
You are not going to blame every interception and int-for-td Feeley threw on the RB's are you? Really? You are going through great pains to create any possible abberation- rather than saying "the guy threw the ball to the wrong guy".
Heh.. by no means am I going to write it off on one guy. But I will have to say on a timing pattern... ouch.. if the entire offense is not on the same page. Unfortunately most screens or quick patterns are on a timed route. Okay, now that is even more painfull. I am not making excuses, just observations.

TeeMoney said:
New coaches and a new system... a fresh start could do Feeley some good- but it seems that he is already in Saban's doghouse (with recent reports) and is looking at an uphill battle in training camp.

And to me, that is good. I want the best man out there for our new offense. I may have come across as a Feeley supporter, but I am not. I am a Dolphins supporter. I just happen to report what I THINK I see when things happen. To me Feeley did a decent job concidering the possition he was put in... No more... no less.

Back
Top Bottom