What the knock on Herbert? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the knock on Herbert?

hope you all watched Herbert last night closely, because im putting my foot down and predicting he will be one of our picks.

Unless Fromm looks good today against LSU, I 100% predict Herbert is a Dolphin next year.

The team, not the animal.
Herbert has always been my no. 1 qb for the fins.

Herbert has always been my no. 1 qb for the fins.

I'm on board with a first for Herbert if we don't like Tua's health and can't get up to #1 to take Burrow. Just don't want to use 1a on him, unless 1a is around 10.

I sure didn’t see the Huntley hype last night.

No, he reminded me of a better version of Marcus McMaryion, the Fresno State quarterback from last season.

More than a little bit better but I couldn't escape that comparison. I kept thinking Utah is trying to win the Pac 12 with Marcus McMaryion.

I agree with Tannenbombs that Justin Herbert doesn't have the IT factor. He seems so frantic back there. I'm not surprised at all when the shotgun snap sails past his head. Or he's throwing it across the field to a tackle. No permutation is out of play with Justin Herbert.

Maybe you need to go back 2 or 3 years with this guy. Was he ever in a semi-normal offense in which he repeatedly dropped straight back and had to decipher windows 10-15 yards downfield? I'm not interested enough to check. Right now everything is based off sideways looks. Herbert either throws it out there or fakes the parallel stuff then pivots downfield.

I don't really care about that stuff, other than I think Mario Cristobal is being absurdly conservative given the overall level of team he has on both sides of the ball, plus the quarterback level. No question the sideways reliance gave away the Auburn game and the way it played out it appears that game cost Oregon a playoff berth.

Yeah I'm still not impressed with Herbert. I honestly wouldn't be happy if we drafted him top 10. Herbert just looks rigid, awkward, inaccurate and sluggish feet when compared to Burrow and Tua. I just don't see the "it" Factor with Herbert. If Herbert was 6'1" With an average arm, no one would be talking about this kid being a top 10 pick.

Ultimately if anything does Herbert in I think it'll just be pure accuracy. That's the seed of his downfall, IMO.

Herbert and Fromm play tonight, it will be an interesting day for the 2nd tier QBs.

I don’t think a ton of questions get answered tonight, but it will help the guys jockey for position a bit for the #3 spot. Love had a good bowl game and has declared for the senior bowl. If Herbert lays an egg and Fromm continues his meh form Love could snap up QB3 possibly QB2 if Tua goes back to Bama.

Huntley and Ehlinger didnt impress me at all last night. Ehlinger likes overthrowing. Huntley is like Pat White.

I hope the draft gurus watch Herbert and Biadazs at 5pm.

Fromm? I used to be a big fan, but i gave up.

Huntley and Ehlinger didnt impress me at all last night. Ehlinger likes overthrowing. Huntley is like Pat White.

I hope the draft gurus watch Herbert and Biadazs at 5pm.

Fromm? I used to be a big fan, but i gave up.

I'm no draft guru, but I'll be watching. Looking forward to seeing Jonathan Taylor too.

Then looked like a day two guy on the next drive, seems to be his story
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I really want to like him with that size, tool set and athleticism he's got. I just don't know. Doesn't strike me as the true gamer this staff, especially Flores, fell in love with in Fitz.

Then looked like a day two guy on the next drive, seems to be his story

Yep that's him in two series, you can fall in love with him one minute, then wonder what the hell you saw in him the next. He's one of the most difficult QB's to project, someone will take a chance on him, if it is us, right now I'm not sure how I would feel on that.

Wonder how significant it is that Ross and Grier were at the Citrus Bowl today and obvious not in Pasadena.

Back
Top Bottom