What the knock on Herbert? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the knock on Herbert?

When he has gotten his hands on a guy it’s been over.

He's a big nasty guy, I'm thinking he should be call Badass instead because it's easier to spell and fits him. Like creed he's worth one of our lower first rounders.

I would love to see the Phins take Herbert as the 5th pick, I think with some coaching he could be a great Franchise QB. I think he is a much better draft prospect than Tua. Herbert also has much better Athleticism, and is a threat running the ball. He is also 6’6 compared to Tua is 6’1. Herbert has a lot higher ceiling. He just needs a little coaching. Tua also has better receivers and a better O-line than Herbert. He’s also hurt which would be a problem in the pro’s, because you are going to get hit a lot harder in the pro’s than you are behind Alabama’s O-line. I hope the Dolphins pick Herbert for their 5th pick.

I would love to see the Phins take Herbert as the 5th pick, I think with some coaching he could be a great Franchise QB. I think he is a much better draft prospect than Tua. Herbert also has much better Athleticism, and is a threat running the ball. He is also 6’6 compared to Tua is 6’1. Herbert has a lot higher ceiling. He just needs a little coaching. Tua also has better receivers and a better O-line than Herbert. He’s also hurt which would be a problem in the pro’s, because you are going to get hit a lot harder in the pro’s than you are behind Alabama’s O-line. I hope the Dolphins pick Herbert for their 5th pick.
I agree with that but I would say that Herbert's OL was pretty darned good, the problem was with his weapons, especially after TE Jacob Breeland went down. Herbert did well with the weapons that he had.

I agree with that but I would say that Herbert's OL was pretty darned good, the problem was with his weapons, especially after TE Jacob Breeland went down. Herbert did well with the weapons that he had.
Overall he is a better prospect than Tua and Love

It's a simple draft for the Phins. They can get Burrow or Herbert at 5 and need to get two of Higgins, Najee and Swift in the first round. Or if they want to stay with Fitz this year, get those three or Lamb at 5.
In the second and third they can get 3 Olinemen: Josh Jones, Mekhi Becton, Isaiah Wilson, Shane Lemieux, Kindley.
That's the gist of this draft. Skilled positions in the first, linemen on day 2.
That's a Bama, Clemson, tOSU, LSU draft. Load up on skills, beef up the line with 320-330 pounders.

LargoFin has the bead on the situation.

Any feasible STRONG draft for this franchise must not have the tua-sized hole (really the sucking chest wound) eating up our future in it. Get that abomination off the table and we have the opportunity to pick up many great players. Herbert is the best and safest way to ensure we get a PLUG-AND-PLAY immediate use and development QB, and allows us to concentrate on other future stars at positions of need. Give me Herbert, and one of Etn, Swift, Edwards Helaire, and several OL of choice. Voila, offense.

Last edited:
This is the best draft yet where I feel like Miami can't screw it up.

I hope I'm finally right!

Back
Top Bottom