What The Miami Dolphins Can Expect Out Of Frank Gore In 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What The Miami Dolphins Can Expect Out Of Frank Gore In 2018

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
USATSI_9754809-429x320.jpg

Frank Gore has to be corralled by a group of Viking defenders after a six yard gain. Photo by: Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports

Gore has been a steady force from the running back position since he was drafted out the University of Miami in 2005. The No.5 all-time leading rusher in NFL history, has only missed the 1000 yard mark, four seasons out of thirteen.

His least productive season came as a rookie, when he only rushed for 608 yards. Five seasons later he rushed for 803 yards, only playing in 11 games due to injury. (According to Pro-Football-Reference.com)

Once he left San Francisco for Indianapolis, he never had less than 960 rushing yards. Doing so over 30 years old, and carrying the ball 260 times each season.

So what’s my point?

https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/05/20/what-the-miami-dolphins-can-expect-out-of-frank-gore-in-2018/

Honestly I hope Ballage passes him on the depth chart by week 4, and after that it’s just short yardage plays for the rest of the season. If Ballage can hit his ceiling, back field can be devestating. Gore’s only real upside at this point is pass protection.

Gore rushed for 961 yards last season and has made it clear that he is not here to ride the coat tails of anyone into the sunset. Drake might be the starter, but he is going to have to earn any extended playing time given the fact Gore is going to push him. Gore is 35, and if used smartly will be a really good addition for the Dolphins RB group. Perish the thought that he is only here to mentor our young RBs, the man wants to play, so Drake and Ballage better be ready.......Frank's going to be.

Veteran of the highest caliber. I expect him to churn those legs like every carry is his last this year, and we will be very happy to have him balling for us. He provides a great option in the rotation to wear defenses out and convert a lot of third and shorts even if he is a decoy.

He is such an amazing story and a certain Hall of Famer. To me, he still looks like he has quite a bit left in the tank. That said, I think maybe 500-600 yards as Drake should be the main horse for the offense.

Gore tweeted or texted Ballage after he was drafted offering to help in his development anyway needed.

We can expect a team player, steady influence, respected example setter for the team and as icing on the cake, someone who proved even with Failbin's Colts OL that he can still pound the rock.

I just hope this ends well. The guy has been a class act and has always wanted to play here. It seems like these stories rarely end well. I’m just hoping all three backs are healthy going into the opener. I used to love preseason but now I hate for fear of injuries.

Gore is a not a sunset type of mentality. The man has had every injury reason to stop pursuing his dream. Instead, he just practiced and pushed harder than anyone. Legendary conditioning and workouts, there will be no question who the leader of the RBs will be on the field and in the clubhouse. He is a complete back with plenty of gas left in the tank.

He won't just lead by example, he'll take their lunch if they aren't serious.

Don't sleep on Gore. The man's heart and desire are only rivaled by his physical shape and workout dedication.

Good leadership and the ability to grind out tough yardage at the end games. Similar to what I expected from Foster prior to his injury and Ajayi's rise.

Easy answer! FRANK GORE will run hard & with bad intentions like he has EVERY YEAR freakin' year he's been in the league. Including last year. The man hasn't lost a step since his early devastating injury. A PRO'S PRO!!!

Back
Top Bottom