What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base....

Sarnics13

Mad Dog bites!
Club Member
Reaction score
More Fair Weather Fans!!

Just give us people from the mold of the what the Bengals, Browns, Colts and Cardinals have had. All of the sudden even here on our beloved Finheaven we have "fans" that are nowhere to be seen for years, now popping up all of the sudden to **** on my team that I have loved my entire life. Non stop bitching and whining, throwing tantrums, spewing negativity and trying to find the most creative way to say the same thing for the 50th time. Why can't we just have more fair weather fans that just slip in to the dark and wait for the team to get back on top of this mess?

We get it, the team sucks on an epic scale. We all see it, we all know it. Either endure it like a man or shut the **** up. Every tank happy fan is getting what they asked for and then crying that they're getting it. It's really really bad, and it's going to be for the entire season. Just think about this, when have the Dolphins done this? To my recollection...never. What they HAVE done over the last 20 years is just recycle the same old valiant efforts with zero results. So what's left to try? Pull the pin and throw a grenade in the middle of the whole pile of crap and then pick up the pieces. It's a long road, so either get on it or get the hell off and drift off in to oblivion and then come back later when the smoke clears and act like you never left. Fine with me, I won't even point you out. I'll welcome you back with open arms and cheer along side of you. But IF you stay, do it with dignity. Grow up, act like an adult that can take a bad situation or find your way to the lounge and jump in some threads there and laugh a little.

But for **** sakes, stop with the constant "fire everyone", "this player sucks", "that player sucks", "sell the team" blah blah blah. Do you really think you're enlightening the world with your take? There's 12 other threads saying the same thing with different words. Suck it up and just enjoy watching crappy football...it'll all be over in a couple months and then we can get excited about the rebuild. No matter how you want to spin it, it's going to come.....and it WILL get better. Take solace in that. It's got nowhere to go but up.

Sincerely,
Sarnics

:surr:

More Fair Weather Fans!!

Just give us people from the mold of the what the Bengals, Browns, Colts and Cardinals have had. All of the sudden even here on our beloved Finheaven we have "fans" that are nowhere to be seen for years, now popping up all of the sudden to **** on my team that I have loved my entire life. Non stop bitching and whining, throwing tantrums, spewing negativity and trying to find the most creative way to say the same thing for the 50th time. Why can't we just have more fair weather fans that just slip in to the dark and wait for the team to get back on top of this mess?

We get it, the team sucks on an epic scale. We all see it, we all know it. Either endure it like a man or shut the **** up. Every tank happy fan is getting what they asked for and then crying that they're getting it. It's really really bad, and it's going to be for the entire season. Just think about this, when have the Dolphins done this? To my recollection...never. What they HAVE done over the last 20 years is just recycle the same old valiant efforts with zero results. So what's left to try? Pull the pin and throw a grenade in the middle of the whole pile of crap and then pick up the pieces. It's a long road, so either get on it or get the hell off and drift off in to oblivion and then come back later when the smoke clears and act like you never left. Fine with me, I won't even point you out. I'll welcome you back with open arms and cheer along side of you. But IF you stay, do it with dignity. Grow up, act like an adult that can take a bad situation or find your way to the lounge and jump in some threads there and laugh a little.

But for **** sakes, stop with the constant "fire everyone", "this player sucks", "that player sucks", "sell the team" blah blah blah. Do you really think you're enlightening the world with your take? There's 12 other threads saying the same thing with different words. Suck it up and just enjoy watching crappy football...it'll all be over in a couple months and then we can get excited about the rebuild. No matter how you want to spin it, it's going to come.....and it WILL get better. Take solace in that. It's got nowhere to go but up.

Sincerely,
Sarnics

:surr:
Nice write up, but I think you are missing your point. You're right we have never done this before, which means, some diehard fans will have a difficult time adjusting to this new way of tanking. Everyone remembers that the team would play their guts out every game to not look embarrassed.
It's been 2 weeks, let the fans who are bitching bitch. Then during the course of the season they will adjust and all will be right in fandom when we select at number 1.

To be honest... nah. This team has sucked for a long time and I don't agree with the methods being used to "fix" our problems and I also dont like the the people they have hired to do so.

I think you should also get used to it because this is not going away. I am ok with attempting to get the first pick but I am not ok with potentially doing so just to go 8 and 8 for the next decade again.

We have no fairweather fans. The team has been too bad for too long for that. If people make an account to complain, it might just be that they finally reached the tipping point where they're frustrated enough to do so. Stop telling people how to be fans.

So to clarify, you're criticizing him and telling him how to behave because he criticized people and told them how to behave?

I think most of us knew this would happen, knew there would be a portion of the fan base that would be vocal and upset and knew the entire process would be painful to endure. Heck part of our fanbase always complains after the two or three losses even if the third loss comes in week 8. Maybe the 102-10 scoring margin will be like not taking the slow acting anesthetic and go straight to the club to the head knockout approach.

I agree with the people who say let people complain as much as they want this year. What ever it takes for them to deal with this process is ok by me... short of punching the first person you see after each loss of course.

Last edited:
To be honest... nah. This team has sucked for a long time and I don't agree with the methods being used to "fix" our problems and I also dont like the the people they have hired to do so.

I think you should also get used to it because this is not going away. I am ok with attempting to get the first pick but I am not ok with potentially doing so just to go 8 and 8 for the next decade again.

Then fix it. You can't...that's the point.

I get some venting, I do it as well but the relentless nonsense will change nothing. It has zero effect on what will happen or what they do. You can not be "ok with it" all you want, and it means nothing to the outcome. The only thing you can control though is how you deal with it. People just need to deal with it rationally, that's all I'm trying to say. Stop trying to post like if you do it vehemently or creatively enough the organization is going to change their ways bc of it. They're not.

I don't disagree, but the board is also a little bit therapeutic. Taking losses totally 102-10 is like those bad college teams that get blown out weekly. This is a bad situation and frustrating for fans. It's reminding me of the Cam Cameron season where Miami ended up 1-15, only that team was actually competitive losing (I believe) seven games by a touchdown or less.

At this point, I'm questioning everything. Do we have the right coach, or is he in over his head? That's the biggest concern right now, although I realize the team is only two games into the season.

Nice write up, but I think you are missing your point. You're right we have never done this before, which means, some diehard fans will have a difficult time adjusting to this new way of tanking. Everyone remembers that the team would play their guts out every game to not look embarrassed.
It's been 2 weeks, let the fans who are bitching bitch. Then during the course of the season they will adjust and all will be right in fandom when we select at number 1.

I'm a die hard fan. Have been all of my life. Really, really die hard. It's difficult to deal with, yeah.....but if I can, anyone can. Believe me, I am a "emotions on my sleeve" type but it gets to a point that you just have to stop being shocked by what's going on and just accept it. If you don't accept it, then it is your own problem bc you can't do a thing about it except watch it unfold.

I don't disagree, but the board is also a little bit therapeutic. Taking losses totally 102-10 is like those bad college teams that get blown out weekly. This is a bad situation and frustrating for fans. It's reminding me of the Cam Cameron season where Miami ended up 1-15, only that team was actually competitive losing (I believe) seven games by a touchdown or less.

At this point, I'm questioning everything. Do we have the right coach, or is he in over his head? That's the biggest concern right now, although I realize the team is only two games into the season.

Totally get it. We all are asking the same thing. There is no way to answer any of that under these circumstances. Guy just got here and got started and was showing promise. Then....we sent everyone packing and gave him THIS roster to do it with in 6 days. How he comes out of this next year is going to be the real question, imo.

You know there's a difference between wanting to tank and getting beat by 50 a game, right? It's quite possible to lose a game where you're outmatched talent-wise, but still fight and have it be competitive for at least a little while. I promise you, that's a thing.

Back
Top Bottom