What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base....

It's really simple...

Don't let the shame ridicule embarrassment and depression get to you!

Here's a guaranteed way to avoid nasty blowout burns and rash!

Just watch the game with oodles of KY Jelly smeared all over.

You'll feel a LOT better!

Last edited:
It's really simple...

Don't let the shame ridicule embarrassment and depression get to you!

Here's a guaranteed way to avoid nasty blowout burns and rash!

Just watch the game with oodles of KY Jelly smeared all over.

You'll feel a LOT better!

There you go again....making me question your sanity. Nah....there's really no question brother :cheers:

I'm a die hard fan. Have been all of my life. Really, really die hard. It's difficult to deal with, yeah.....but if I can, anyone can. Believe me, I am a "emotions on my sleeve" type but it gets to a point that you just have to stop being shocked by what's going on and just accept it. If you don't accept it, then it is your own problem bc you can't do a thing about it except watch it unfold.
On balance, this is where I am with the whole situation. I’m far from happy with where we find ourselves but each week it’s getting easier to accept it. Also agree we have to be adult about it and accept our fate this season as we can’t influence any outcome. For the long term good of this franchise we have to endure the current pain and take our medicine.

You know there's a difference between wanting to tank and getting beat by 50 a game, right? It's quite possible to lose a game where you're outmatched talent-wise, but still fight and have it be competitive for at least a little while. I promise you, that's a thing.

Exactly, I think we all expect them to lose, but to also see the young players continue to fight and DEVELOP.

Stop telling people how to be fans.

Stop telling fans to stop telling fans how to be fans.

It works both ways bro.

If fans can come out of the woodwork to complain incessantly about the team, other fans can complain incessantly about those fans complaining.

IDK why the first group believes they are the only ones with the right or reason to complain about nonsense.

My take has always been a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn’t matter if it’s by 1 or 100. I love football and I love the Dolphins, but I don’t understand adults being embarrassed by a professional sports team. I’m not the owner. I’m not the GM. I’m not the coach. I’m not a player. Nothing I do or believe in impacts the franchise in any way. There is no difference to me if we are the worst 0-16 team in NFL history or the best 0-16 team in NFL history. Plenty of football left to enjoy this year even with the Dolphins stinking it up.

I don’t really get this. It’s amazing to me that there are a few people here who routinely tell everyone to shut up (in as many words) and accept what they’re being served.

If we didn’t have threads about poor play, bad players, sad coaching, awful drafting, etc., there would be nothing to discuss. I guess we could consistently start threads about visions of Tua dancing in our heads, but I’d think 6 months (more, actually) of that will eventually get tiresome too.

Most thread titles are pretty clear. I haven’t seen many titled “I heart Flores” or “Grier is a god” that went on complain about them. Why read them and criticize the poster incessantly? If you support what’s happening, support it. Why attack fans who don’t support it?

Fair weather fans?

That would require.....occasional fair weather.

Haven’t had any of that for awhile.

Look, we’re gonna lose. Everybody expected it. And I think accepted it.

But that badly? Nobody signed up for that. And nobody wants it.

We are Miami guys. In other words, losing is not new to us. We can hack it. We can hack 2-14, 1-15. 0-16 is a tough pill to swallow..

But not like this. It’s OK if we just get outplayed, outcoached, lack of talent.

But we look like hammered dogshit. A farce. Beyond incompetent.

If you’re in the NFL, you are pretty damn good at what you do. Maybe not good by NFL standards, but you beat out countless guys who couldn’t make it. So while you aren’t great, maybe even borderline, you should be able to not look like a fool.

Which is precisely what we look like. Sieve for a line, back to back pick 6s, back to back dropped TD passes, piss poor tackling....

They can do better. Lose, it’s expected. But put a respectable product on the field. Right now, we’re so awful nobody laughs. They just shake their heads.

You think “fans” are popping up now. Wait till this team starts winning in the next 2 years. Yes! 2 years all you haters.

It’s going to be like the Shaq and Lebron Heat teams around here.

All the cry babies now will forget their wet noses and pretend they were onboard with the rebuild from the beginning.

But some of us know better and are keeping a record.

It's going to be great..I fully intend to call folks out.

It's going to be great..I fully intend to call folks out.
LOL! They might just take a page from your book and challenge you to find exact quotes... Pics or it didnt happen right! if all esle fails, they'll call you a racist...

More Fair Weather Fans!!

Just give us people from the mold of the what the Bengals, Browns, Colts and Cardinals have had. All of the sudden even here on our beloved Finheaven we have "fans" that are nowhere to be seen for years, now popping up all of the sudden to **** on my team that I have loved my entire life. Non stop bitching and whining, throwing tantrums, spewing negativity and trying to find the most creative way to say the same thing for the 50th time. Why can't we just have more fair weather fans that just slip in to the dark and wait for the team to get back on top of this mess?

We get it, the team sucks on an epic scale. We all see it, we all know it. Either endure it like a man or shut the **** up. Every tank happy fan is getting what they asked for and then crying that they're getting it. It's really really bad, and it's going to be for the entire season. Just think about this, when have the Dolphins done this? To my recollection...never. What they HAVE done over the last 20 years is just recycle the same old valiant efforts with zero results. So what's left to try? Pull the pin and throw a grenade in the middle of the whole pile of crap and then pick up the pieces. It's a long road, so either get on it or get the hell off and drift off in to oblivion and then come back later when the smoke clears and act like you never left. Fine with me, I won't even point you out. I'll welcome you back with open arms and cheer along side of you. But IF you stay, do it with dignity. Grow up, act like an adult that can take a bad situation or find your way to the lounge and jump in some threads there and laugh a little.

But for **** sakes, stop with the constant "fire everyone", "this player sucks", "that player sucks", "sell the team" blah blah blah. Do you really think you're enlightening the world with your take? There's 12 other threads saying the same thing with different words. Suck it up and just enjoy watching crappy football...it'll all be over in a couple months and then we can get excited about the rebuild. No matter how you want to spin it, it's going to come.....and it WILL get better. Take solace in that. It's got nowhere to go but up.

Sincerely,
Sarnics

:surr:
I hear you.

I never put much stock into opinions of online folks. Some are just here on recycled accounts to bitch and moan no matter what. We suck at 11-5. We suck at 8-8. We suck at 3-13. We tank but then the tank is not done right. We need to purge but then the purge is not done right. They are using the same argument as they have during the Wannstedt years: we need to suck badly. But then 4-12 was too much sucking and we are just a **** organization. Repeat that after Saban. We have to suck. But then 1-15 was too much sucking. And we recycle again.

There is a difference between an online community and actually fans with an investment into the organization. Most here have never seen Hard Rock Stadium from the inside in all of its configurations going back to the 1988s but they are usually the biggest "critics". Online fans who tell people not to buy tickets are the lowest of that pile. :lol:

On the other side I have had great talks with people at the stadium before and after the game. The difference was incredible.

I wouldn't put too much thought into what you read here and of course always consider who the author of posts is. Pick and choose what you want to read and use your ignore feature. Unfortunately I can't use that feature. :lol:

Just remember you are dealing with people here who are using and hiding behind anonymity.

Back
Top Bottom