What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base....

Could we trade away our current uniforms to a girls flag football team?

You know there's a difference between wanting to tank and getting beat by 50 a game, right? It's quite possible to lose a game where you're outmatched talent-wise, but still fight and have it be competitive for at least a little while. I promise you, that's a thing.

I agree, but i think the FO has decimated the team so much with their eye on the future, for better or worse, that the coaches and players are just getting beaten up on the field. I do believe they are out there trying to win every sunday, and i think this season will get better from a competitive standpoint. We'll still lose 14 games or whatever, but it wont be 40-0 every week.

I'm a die hard fan. Have been all of my life. Really, really die hard. It's difficult to deal with, yeah.....but if I can, anyone can. Believe me, I am a "emotions on my sleeve" type but it gets to a point that you just have to stop being shocked by what's going on and just accept it. If you don't accept it, then it is your own problem bc you can't do a thing about it except watch it unfold.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

I agree, but i think the FO has decimated the team so much with their eye on the future, for better or worse, that the coaches and players are just getting beaten up on the field. I do believe they are out there trying to win every sunday, and i think this season will get better from a competitive standpoint. We'll still lose 14 games or whatever, but it wont be 40-0 every week.
Im not so sure about that myself...Ive seen nothing on the field that tells me this group can hang with any other team in the NFL and that includes the Jets and Gase (2nd worst team in the division). Gase is a real determent to them but Bell will carry them to 40+ points alone assuming he is not hurt when that day comes. The squad of scrubs in Mia could very easily lose by avg margin of 30+ this year...They are defenseless and have no offensive weapons.

I agree with this. The team has two objectives.

The front office is thinking long team success, their plan is to put this team in the best position to accrue quality draft picks (as many as they can get) and clean up the cap, so they can build up enough capital (picks and money) to build a contender that can sustain competitive edge long term.

The coaching staff is focused on short term goals, and that is to coach and prep his players to be competitive every week and hopefully win games (which is what Flores has been saying all along), all the while evaluating and assessing players on the roster.

Im not so sure about that myself...Ive seen nothing on the field that tells me this group can hang with any other team in the NFL and that includes the Jets and Gase (2nd worst team in the division). Gase is a real determent to them but Bell will carry them to 40+ points alone assuming he is not hurt when that day comes. The squad of scrubs in Mia could very easily lose by avg margin of 30+ this year...They are defenseless and have no offensive weapons.

To be fair I havent watched a full game yet, so maybe you're right on the continued blowouts. I'm just hoping the coaching actually IS better, and starts to show its merit over the season as the team settles in a bit, maybe finds something to rally around.

I don't disagree, but the board is also a little bit therapeutic. Taking losses totally 102-10 is like those bad college teams that get blown out weekly. This is a bad situation and frustrating for fans. It's reminding me of the Cam Cameron season where Miami ended up 1-15, only that team was actually competitive losing (I believe) seven games by a touchdown or less.

At this point, I'm questioning everything. Do we have the right coach, or is he in over his head? That's the biggest concern right now, although I realize the team is only two games into the season.

The 0-11 2007 team only had a point differential 2 worse than the current team. Grier and Flores are clueless.

I'm just gonna throw it out there, because it's been a while since we've heard it, but: Fans' fault.

What has this franchise done in my lifetime to earn anything except my ridicule? They have earned it, and they're sure as **** going to get it.

Back
Top Bottom