What the offense really needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the offense really needs

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Why our offense needs Samson Satele and Bryan Leonard and how to get them. Our offensive line isn't mean enough. Plain and simple, it just isn't there. Everything I've seen and read about Satele says he is the most punishing OL in the draft. Not only that he is a great long snapper. If we sign
Denney again it's a total waste of money. Satele is projected late 2nd or early 3rd. He'll never make it to the the 3rd.
IMO Leonard has the best chance of becoming a future probowler of anybody in the draft except for Calvin Johnson. He's a little light but he's still just a kid and adding a few pounds and improving his blocking shouldn't be a problem. I'm not privy to his performance on special teams but from the looks of him he could pick up right where Sammie and Travis left off. An excellent receiver with a nose for the end zone. In fact one guy wrote if he wasn't such a great RB he he could have played WR. Did you see him run right over Patrick Willis in the Senior Bowl? That's when I started seeing visions of him in a Dolphin uniform. Full back has been almost invisible in our offense the last few years. We need this guy badly but how are we going to get him???

Trade Rex Hadnot to Pittsburgh. Can we? If the info I accessed is right trading Rex would result in a very liow cap hit. Why would we trade an above average center that we are paying very little for and he has 1 more year on his contract? Because we can and the rewards for our courage will be rich.
Why would Pittsburgh do the deal for a second round pick? Because Jeff Hartings, their 2005 pro bowl center just up and retired on them. Now they may take Kalil in the 1st but that is a big reach. Hadnot would allow them to draft a higher rated player in the first. They aren't going to get Satele anyway because we tell them straight out we are taking him. I don't even know what pick they have in the 2nd because of the rotation with so many teams at 8:8, but it should be plenty high enough to get Satele or Leonard. We may have to give up a 2nd day pick to goad Pittsburgh on but IMO it's more than worth it. We can also trade Marty Booker for a draft pick. There is almost no dead money there either and he's gettin a pretty hefty chunk of change like 3 mil or something. So Satele and Leonard with the #40 and #48. We would probably have to wait until after the draft to cut McKinney in case something happens and Satele is not availabe. OK let me have it.......

Why our offense needs Samson Satele and Bryan Leonard and how to get them. Our offensive line isn't mean enough. Plain and simple, it just isn't there. Everything I've seen and read about Satele says he is the most punishing OL in the draft. Not only that he is a great long snapper. If we sign
Denney again it's a total waste of money. Satele is projected late 2nd or early 3rd. He'll never make it to the the 3rd.
IMO Leonard has the best chance of becoming a future probowler of anybody in the draft except for Calvin Johnson. He's a little light but he's still just a kid and adding a few pounds and improving his blocking shouldn't be a problem. I'm not privy to his performance on special teams but from the looks of him he could pick up right where Sammie and Travis left off. An excellent receiver with a nose for the end zone. In fact one guy wrote if he wasn't such a great RB he he could have played WR. Did you see him run right over Patrick Willis in the Senior Bowl? That's when I started seeing visions of him in a Dolphin uniform. Full back has been almost invisible in our offense the last few years. We need this guy badly but how are we going to get him???

Trade Rex Hadnot to Pittsburgh. Can we? If the info I accessed is right trading Rex would result in a very liow cap hit. Why would we trade an above average center that we are paying very little for and he has 1 more year on his contract? Because we can and the rewards for our courage will be rich.
Why would Pittsburgh do the deal for a second round pick? Because Jeff Hartings, their 2005 pro bowl center just up and retired on them. Now they may take Kalil in the 1st but that is a big reach. Hadnot would allow them to draft a higher rated player in the first. They aren't going to get Satele anyway because we tell them straight out we are taking him. I don't even know what pick they have in the 2nd because of the rotation with so many teams at 8:8, but it should be plenty high enough to get Satele or Leonard. We may have to give up a 2nd day pick to goad Pittsburgh on but IMO it's more than worth it. We can also trade Marty Booker for a draft pick. There is almost no dead money there either and he's gettin a pretty hefty chunk of change like 3 mil or something. So Satele and Leonard with the #40 and #48. We would probably have to wait until after the draft to cut McKinney in case something happens and Satele is not availabe. OK let me have it.......

bro they need me thats waht they need. loll

It's been an inauspicious start for you dude. Do you actually know what John Denney's cap number is?

I suggest you do some research and then re-evaluate your "he's a total waste of money" line.

With regards Satele, he's a decent player, but the stuff on Leonard.....to say he's got the best chance of being a Pro Bowler.......

We have four backs, all of whom have great hands. Williams and Brown especially are powerful runners, making Leonard obselete as he's a tweener FB.

The trading stuff is nonsense. Pitt will likely give Chuki Okobi the starting shot or move Kendall Simmons across. Marty Booker is our best WR....why would you trade him?

I think John Denney is a great long snapper but that is all he does. By drafting Satele we save a roster spot. Keep in mind Pittsburgh may be losing Max Starks as well. They have also lost their line coach to AZ. Pittsburgh also has the worst cap space in the NFL, it's ridiculously low. They don't really have any holes other than OL, but they don't have any money either.

I think John Denney is a great long snapper but that is all he does. By drafting Satele we save a roster spot. Keep in mind Pittsburgh may be losing Max Starks as well. They have also lost their line coach to AZ. Pittsburgh also has the worst cap space in the NFL, it's ridiculously low. They don't really have any holes other than OL, but they don't have any money either.

John Denney is getting paid such a minuscule amount of money it's almost ridiculous to single him out for only playing one position or bring his name out into any discussion.

Our o-line needs fixing but replacing John Denney to save a roster spot isn't going to do anything at all for us. Leonard is a good player, but he isn't an amazing blocker that simply can't be passed up and we already have many runningbacks with very good hands so again it's a waste of a pick when we have so many holes to fill.

Why would Pitt trade a second rounder for Hadnot? Lay off the madden man. No-one in their right mind except maybe Speilman would trade a second rounder for Hadnot. He didn't even play very well at center this year. Not horribly but not worth a second round pick.

P.S Leonard has the best chance of being a Pro Bowl type player? Thats absolutely insane. Last time I checked there were guys by the name of Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Gaines Adams (just to name a few and I don't even like Quinn that much.)

Jake Ingram and David Farmer are the Rainbows long snappers, so I'm not sure where all this "Satale can be our long snapper" stuff comes from. Long snapping is an art. Denny is an artist. Who we pay peanuts to. Cutting him is nonsensical.

And trading Hadnot for a 2nd rounder.........Jesus.

John Denney is getting paid such a minuscule amount of money it's almost ridiculous to single him out for only playing one position or bring his name out into any discussion.

Our o-line needs fixing but replacing John Denney to save a roster spot isn't going to do anything at all for us. Leonard is a good player, but he isn't an amazing blocker that simply can't be passed up and we already have many runningbacks with very good hands so again it's a waste of a pick when we have so many holes to fill.

Why would Pitt trade a second rounder for Hadnot? Lay off the madden man. No-one in their right mind except maybe Speilman would trade a second rounder for Hadnot. He didn't even play very well at center this year. Not horribly but not worth a second round pick.

P.S Leonard has the best chance of being a Pro Bowl type player? Thats absolutely insane. Last time I checked there were guys by the name of Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Gaines Adams (just to name a few and I don't even like Quinn that much.)

Lorenzo Neal is the AFC pro bowl selection for FB. He had a 140 rds and 1 TD in 16 games. Yes he is a great blocker but as you can see the competition at the FB not RB position, isn't too stiff. Hence, the prediction.
We don't have 4 backs, we have 1. Barnes,Morris, and Minor are all FA's and Ricky isn't a done deal.
I didn't say the trade was straight up. I included a 2nd day draft pick, as high as a 4th rounder.
They have very, very little cap space so Hadnot's 555,000 may look awful good to them. Ya he'll get a raise next year but the cap situation will be different for them. As far as Hadnot's abilities at center I've seen articles having him as our best OL player to he isn't is a real center and we need someone else there. So this guy's value is just going to depend on who your talking to. Like I said IMO he is a little better than average.

Lorenzo Neal is the AFC pro bowl selection for FB. He had a 140 rds and 1 TD in 16 games. Yes he is a great blocker but as you can see the competition at the FB not RB position, isn't too stiff. Hence, the prediction.
We don't have 4 backs, we have 1. Barnes,Morris, and Minor are all FA's and Ricky isn't a done deal.
I didn't say the trade was straight up. I included a 2nd day draft pick, as high as a 4th rounder.
They have very, very little cap space so Hadnot's 555,000 may look awful good to them. Ya he'll get a raise next year but the cap situation will be different for them. As far as Hadnot's abilities at center I've seen articles having him as our best OL player to he isn't is a real center and we need someone else there. So this guy's value is just going to depend on who your talking to. Like I said IMO he is a little better than average.

Except that Hadnot was a center in college, an All-American at that. Admittedly, he played better at RT than C, but he was still our best alternative at C, given his ability at RT. With the weaknesses we have at OL, where we likely (hopefully) will have a different LT and LG than last year, why weaken it even more with trading Hadnot. Aside from that, if you want meanness in an OL, Hadnot was the scruffiest of the OL from last year.

The problem of letting Denney go is two-fold..first, Satale might be a good snapper, (I don't know enough about him), but at this level, it's a different story from college. Would you be willing to take the chance that the guy can't handle two positions in his first year here ?? Second, if he should get hurt, then we have to replace two players, not one. Given the hit that Denney takes on the cap, it's just not worth it.

The other exception I have to take is that FB/RB is not one of our most important needs. Why create another need ?? Fill one that we already have at LB, DT, DE, CB, S, etc... Your reasonings just don't make too much sense. You are suggesting that we create a weakness where there isn't one right now....sorry

Guys!! what the O needs ,right now andthe most, is OUR PATIENCE.

I thought our genius Oline coach could turn any Olineman into a instant probowler? Seems like you actually need talent? Who'd a tunk it?

Lorenzo Neal doesn't make the Pro Bowl because of his rushing numbers, he makes it because of the mile-wide holes he opens for Tomlinson. If Brian Leonard was in the AFC and rushed for 500 or 600 yards and a few TDs as a RB/FB hybrid, he would still watch Neal play in the Pro Bowl from home because he will probably never approach the level of blocking that Neal displays.

When you give out Lorenzo Neal's stats as if that is supposed to be our criteria to judge his play, then you have a lot to learn about the FB position.

I thought our genius Oline coach could turn any Olineman into a instant probowler? Seems like you actually need talent? Who'd a tunk it?

Why, you thought our O-line was horrible the last 2 years? Have you forgotten how bad our O-line used to be?

What they are talking about is making an O-line that looked solid at times, and servicable more then not in the last two years, into a top 10 O-line.

Houck has done a great job with average or less players, imagine what he can do with good talent.

Back
Top Bottom