What This Nfl Needs Re. Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What This Nfl Needs Re. Draft

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
Is to take a page from Adam Silver and the NBA.

Throw the bottom 10 teams into a pool, and let a lottery decide the order of this picks.

The “worst” team gets more tickets in the box, and the higher chance to get that #1. But there are surely no guarantees.

It’s the best way, and stops this “Suck for Luck” type bullshit

The odds of each NBA team landing the No. 1 overall pick may be determined by regular season record, but those teams don't always see the balls bounce in their favor. In fact, since the lottery was implemented in 1985, only six teams with the highest odds of landing the top pick actually landed it.

So.... coming in dead “last” gives you a 20% chance to get that #1 coveted pick.

Perfect

Throw the bottom 10 teams into a pool, and let a lottery decide the order of this picks.

The “worst” team gets more tickets in the box, and the higher chance to get that #1. But there are surely no guarantees.

It wouldn't stop the suck for luck situations. Plenty of NBA teams tank for the opportunity to get the next best player. I guarantee you'd have a handful of teams tanking if a LeBron James/Peyton Manning type prospect was coming out in 2019. Hell NBA teams cut players to clear cap space in anticipation of super star players becoming free agents in 2 years.

It wouldn't stop the suck for luck situations. Plenty of NBA teams tank for the opportunity to get the next best player. I guarantee you'd have a handful of teams tanking if a LeBron James/Peyton Manning type prospect was coming out in 2019. Hell NBA teams cut players to clear cap space in anticipation of super star players becoming free agents in 2 years.

20%. That’s all you get.

But... would you be in favour?

Only 20% chance in the NHL as well. Teams still tank though, the Sabres traded almost every goalie in their system to try and get Connor McDavid

20%. That’s all you get.

I don't think so, a team like the browns who just won what 4 games in 3 years before this season more than earned the right to draft #1. Imagine being that bad and missing out on Baker Mayfield....if that happened to the Dolphins where we missed out on a Peyton Manning prospect because of a ping pong ball even though we lost more games than anyone in the NFL i would be freaking furious!

20%. That’s all you get.

I think it would also encourage tanking really. Imagine it's the last game of the season. You win you get the 11th pick in the draft, you lose you get the 10th pick in the draft which gives you the opportunity to potentially get the a higher pick than #10 including the #1 overall pick. You're in prime position to tank the last game of the season.

I'm sure the NFL, and the other major organizations, are keeping an eye on how this goes with the NBA. They are letting them be the guinea pigs.

I think competitive balance is the ultimate goal, and the NFL sure could use more of that.

For the 2020 draft in Las Vegas, I would make the 2nd round a non-weighted lottery pick.

Any team has the same equal chance at the 33rd pick.

NBA teams still do it. The Process just recently got finished ... although I'm sure they're kicking themselves for trading up and not taking Tatum. Working out pretty well there.

Back
Top Bottom