What to do with Jake Long? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with Jake Long?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
After this season should we resign him or let him walk?

Also if you guys were GM who would you resign out of all of our free agents?

If he doesn't recover I think we might just have to let him go if he won't take a pay cut. The plus is we will probably have enough money to sign a number 1 WR from FA if we let him go but this guy was the number 1 pick and a perennial pro bowler but has been dropping for quite a while now from injuries.

First Id make him get a haircut and turn that ****ing hat around.

After that Id offer him a 3-4 year deal at above average LT money. If he dosent want it......... later bro.

Resign Hartline, Starks, and S Smith for sure.

Let em walk and kick martin to LT. We cant lock up joe thomas type money on him he is breaking down, spend the $ on playmakers.

Unfortunately he will probably walk after this season. His play has been average at best and I'm not sure he fits the mold of an athletic zone blocking Tackle in Philbin's offense. Special players fit any system but the eyeball doesn't lie.....he is not a cut blocker. Lets hope Martin keeps developing. Its always good to have a backup plan.

Let him walk...unless he agrees to a reasonable contract.

If he isn't in the future plans, I would much rather get something for him than just let him walk. Maybe a tag and trade?

First Id make him get a haircut and turn that ****ing hat around.

After that Id offer him a 3-4 year deal at above average LT money. If he dosent want it......... later bro.

Resign Hartline, Starks, and S Smith for sure.

Just can't imagine him taking that kind of money. At his best, he's been elite. Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen that for a while now since he's been banged up (shoulder, knee, etc) in the last couple years. I think at 27 he likely thinks he is or can get back to elite and demand that type of money.

If we want to keep him, we may franchise him one year to see his body comes around, but that rarely seems to happen in the NFL for linemen. No way I sign him long term elite LT money when we have such big needs at play making positions at WR, C, S, and TE.

He deserves top tier money. Re-sign your own. Finding LT's are hard to do. Plus, remember he is playing hurt. He easily could have sat with his numerous injuries, but each and every week he suits up and plays hard.

I would do a deal with him. Tag Smith. Attempt to re-sign Hartline and Starks. Bush I would let play the market.

He deserves top tier money. Re-sign your own. Finding LT's are hard to do. Plus, remember he is playing hurt. He easily could have sat with his numerous injuries, but each and every week he suits up and plays hard.

I would do a deal with him. Tag Smith. Attempt to re-sign Hartline and Starks. Bush I would let play the market.

agree....100%

Of "COURSE" re-sign him. Wow. If we don't come to an agreement he's getting tagged. Long ain't going nowhere. Of course re-sign Smith and Hartline too. We got space next year.

Of "COURSE" re-sign him. Wow. If we don't come to an agreement he's getting tagged. Long ain't going nowhere. Of course re-sign Smith and Hartline too. We got space next year.

Yeah we have space but we also have hartline,bush,starks,long, and smith as key free agents. I see us signing 4 of the 5 but will we have enough for a receiver like Bowe?

As long as Ireland is here, Jake won't be going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom