What to do with pick number 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

People are going to over think this to death.

But you literally might have the 4 most dynamic and productive offensive playmakers the draft has seen in the past 5 years.

This team absolutely lacked playmakers. If you don't add one of those 4 guys to your team, you have failed.

Yes Sewell is a nice OT prospect, yes Parsons (assuming off the field doesn't sink him) is an absolutely gifted LB prospect. Stop bargain shopping for playmakers and add an elite one when you are in position. You can even trade down and still add one of those 4 guys.

But if you don't add one of them, Miami still will just not have "gotten it".

But you literally might have the 4 most dynamic and productive offensive playmakers the draft has seen in the past 5 years.

This team absolutely lacked playmakers. If you don't add one of those 4 guys to your team, you have failed.

Yes Sewell is a nice OT prospect, yes Parsons (assuming off the field doesn't sink him) is an absolutely gifted LB prospect. Stop bargain shopping for playmakers and add an elite one when you are in position. You can even trade down and still add one of those 4 guys.

Who do you see as the 4th? Pitts?

In my perfect scenario, we trade down to 9 at the furthest, pick up another first and maybe even a second round pick, and draft either Chase, Smith, or Waddle. Dare to dream.

Who do you see as the 4th? Pitts?

In my perfect scenario, we trade down to 9 at the furthest, pick up another first and maybe even a second round pick, and draft either Chase, Smith, or Waddle. Dare to dream.

Yes the 4th is Pitts.

I don't get paid to make the decisions, but I know if I'm Chris Grier, the priority is to get one of those 4 guys, even more than picking up additional value. Both would be ideal . . . but you can't sell me on "well we added a 2022 first even though we missed the 4 top guys in the process". You make a trade out you better make damn sure you add one of those elite guys somehow someway and not be mislead by mock drafts thinking you can easily do both.

Again I'd feel just fine taking Smith at 3 as well. He's the best player in the draft for my money so getting him 2 spots after the top pick works for me.

Could not agree more. The top teams all have top playmakers and we don't have any at all. Now we have a real chance to get a top playmaker and people want to draft an OT.....smh

Could not agree more. The top teams all have top playmakers and we don't have any at all. Now we have a real chance to get a top playmaker and people want to draft an OT.....smh

Lol...

A strong O line might have something to do with helping those top play makers, be top play makers.
Ask Mahones, Even he couldn't be that normal game changer ( top playmaker) when you got no time or throwing that 20 yder in the horizontal position. I think he had top play makers but OL turned into the Big Problem.

Football 101, a good to great offensive line can make some of those ok playmakers top playmakers.
Build the O line and whoever we got playing QB has a much better shot at being good. And hopefully it's Tua..

A Corey Linsley and Sewell will give even our playmakers a significantly better shot and thats not even calculating who else we pick up in FA & draft...

Last edited:
Lol...

A strong O line might have something to do with helping those top play makers, be top play makers.
Ask Mahones, Even he couldn't be that normal game changer ( top playmaker) when you got no time or throwing that 20 yder in the horizontal position. I think he had top play makers but OL turned into the Big Problem.

Football 101, a good to great offensive line can make some of those ok playmakers top playmakers.
Build the O line and whoever we got playing QB has a much better shot at being good. And hopefully it's Tua..
Both of his OT's were out for the game and Mahomes was playing hurt. That's why he needed surgery for it after the season. Nobody's saying we don't need a good O-line. All we're saying is just don't have to draft yet another OT in the first round in order to have a good O-line.

Here's another way for you to look at it. Jackson will be in his 2nd year. He was talented enough to be drafted top 20 last year. He might never make it but he has a chance to be very good so we might not need to replace him with another LT.

But we all know that we really need playmakers. That's is not even a question because we don't have any top playmakers on this team.
So you're wanting to draft a position that might not be needed while skipping one that is totally needed.

Btw, those KC playmakers have been kicking ass and taking names. They lost one game and now you think those playmakers don't matter?

Both of his OT's were out for the game and Mahomes was playing hurt. That's why he needed surgery for it after the season. Nobody's saying we don't need a good O-line. All we're saying is just don't have to draft yet another OT in the first round in order to have a good O-line.

Here's another way for you to look at it. Jackson will be in his 2nd year. He was talented enough to be drafted top 20 last year. He might never make it but he has a chance to be very good so we might not need to replace him with another LT.

But we all know that we really need playmakers. That's is not even a question because we don't have any top playmakers on this team.
So you're wanting to draft a position that might not be needed while skipping one that is totally needed.

Btw, those KC playmakers have been kicking *** and taking names. They lost one game and now you think those playmakers don't matter?
My opinion KC lost due to the poor OL with a little help from the defense no matter what the reasoning is. It also should be a clear example of just how vital that OL is... Good OL and Mahones would have had a significantly greater shot at the W.

The opportunity to get a Sewell also doesn't come around that often. The OL are the work horses that make everything run better or worse.... example Dolphins last 20 years and a neglected OL

Not worried because I know Grier and Flow have the same understanding and will grab Sewell in a heart beat UNLESS trades up for pick three are to good to pass (which I don't think will happen) or we get a quality FA to play OT (possible)

Hey I guess I'm just old school with the belief and understanding of how critical an OL plays in the equation..

Jackson still a work in progress, Kindly ditto, Hunt at RT not my choice. Karras better than what we've had for decades but not that special and Flowers still waiting for him to bloom at LG....

Improving that OL also gives those so called playmakers the opportunity to even be that which you hope they are. We can add play makers and also pick Sewell at #3 IMO..

My opinion KC lost due to the poor OL with a little help from the defense no matter what the reasoning is. It also should be a clear example of just how vital that OL is... Good OL and Mahones would have had a significantly greater shot at the W.

The opportunity to get a Sewell also doesn't come around that often. The OL are the work horses that make everything run better......or worse, example Dolphins last 20 years and a neglected OL

Not worried because I know Grier and Flow have the same understanding and will grab Sewell in a heart beat UNLESS trades up for pick three are to good to pass (which I don't think will happen) or we get a quality FA to play OT (possible)

Hey I guess I'm just old school with the belief and understanding of how critical an OL plays in the equation..

Jackson still a work in progress, Kindly ditto, Hunt at RT not my choice. Karras better than what we've had for decades but not that special and Flowers still waiting for him to bloom at LG....

Improving that OL also gives those so called playmakers the opportunity to even be that which you hope they are. We can add play makers and also pick Sewell at #3 IMO..
Lets say we draft Sewell, what do you want to do with Jackson?

Lets say we draft Sewell, what do you want to do with Jackson?

Theres a number of things to do with Jackson. IMO he might stay at LT and Sewell play RT. Jackson has experience at G and even center I've heard so if Tackle didn't work give another spot a try for down the road.. He has unknown IMO potential to develop and I'd like to see that continue. Though if I were dreaming I'd dream of trading him to the Saints for Ramczyk and Sewell LT, Kindley LG, Linsley C, Hunt RG and Ramcyck RT..... Only one thing to say about that WOW...

Then add some play makers with real opportunity to be great playmakers.. We can get a few in FA, IMO

Back
Top Bottom