What to do with pick number 3 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

Trade down between 5-8 and take Smith or Chase. If we're stuck at 3 I'd do the same.

I want nothing to do with an OL in the top 10 after the heavy investments made in the previous draft. We need playmakers. Plural. Period.

It hard to argue drafting Sewell and an upgrade at center won’t, on paper, atleast give us enough talent overall to make us set and provide depth for the next 5 years+

Believe me when i say I want to draft every skill set position on offense. But I know that’s futile if the Qb isn’t getting enough time to pass the ball.

Brady was hardly harassed during the playoffs and it showed.

I'm down to 4 options now for 3, here's my order:

1. Trade down to 5-8 ish, must get compensation of at least one day two pick and an extra first, this or next year.
2. Draft Sewell
3. Draft Pitts
4. Draft Chase

Do any of those and I'm happy. I wouldn't be crying bucket loads of tears if we took Waddle at 3, I do think now though that Smith is a reach at 3 and we shouldn't be picking him ahead of the other 4 players I mentioned.

My ideal scenario is to trade up from 18 (with 50 or the extra day 2 pick we got) to get Chase, and pair him with Pitts whom we took at 5-8, Sewell will be gone by then. Would be happy to take Waddle or Smith if Chase is gone, if we want to play a bit of poker, take Chase at 5-8 and hope Pitts is still around at 10 or so in the trade up, Pitts is probably more likely available later than Chase, but if he's not then it's probably prudent to not trade up and wait to see if Smith or Waddle drop to 18.

I'm still a proponent of trading down and getting more weapons to build around Tua. If we could slide back to #6 or #8 and still pick up Ja'Marr Chase, that would be ideal IMHO. Maybe pick up a RT or interior OL with the added pick and we've gone a long way towards solving our biggest offensive challenges.

I'm down to 4 options now for 3, here's my order:

1. Trade down to 5-8 ish, must get compensation of at least one day two pick and an extra first, this or next year.
2. Draft Sewell
3. Draft Pitts
4. Draft Chase

Do any of those and I'm happy. I wouldn't be crying bucket loads of tears if we took Waddle at 3, I do think now though that Smith is a reach at 3 and we shouldn't be picking him ahead of the other 4 players I mentioned.

My ideal scenario is to trade up from 18 (with 50 or the extra day 2 pick we got) to get Chase, and pair him with Pitts whom we took at 5-8, Sewell will be gone by then. Would be happy to take Waddle or Smith if Chase is gone, if we want to play a bit of poker, take Chase at 5-8 and hope Pitts is still around at 10 or so in the trade up, Pitts is probably more likely available later than Chase, but if he's not then it's probably prudent to not trade up and wait to see if Smith or Waddle drop to 18.
This is where I am at. Though I might have Chase a little higher but any of these combinations would be great.

if we can trade down to 6-7 then i'm fine with that we would still be in the range to draft Chase or Smith. but if we can't trade down then i would take Chase @ 3 and 18 -Waddle (probably wont be there) or Robinson WR's would be set for the foreseeable future on rookie contracts. then the 1st second rounder i would go after the best available RB, Harris/Ettienne/ Williams

Here are my preferences:

1) one of the top WRs (Smith, Chase or Waddle I would be very happy to get)
2) trade down and gamble one of the WRs fall, netting the team even more draft capitol
3) trade it in part for one of the elite QBs that are supposedly available (Watson or Wilson)

I'm not keen on taking Sewell or Parsons at 3. Tackle and linebacker can be had at 18 or the top of the 2nd. There are plenty of good prospects out there.

Trade back would be such a great opportunity for us if we could make it happen. To collect more picks for this year and next and still have an opportunity to select one of the following players Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Parsons. Dream scenario for sure !

Now that Jakeem Grant is rumored to be cut, I think the Smith pick becomes more obvious. My preference is Smith (at 3 or with a trade down), then if one of the other 3 playmakers can be obtained at 18 or sooner, draft one of them otherwise Harris or Etienne. Get LB, C, OT/G and Outside rusher with other picks. Drafting Sewell at 3 would be a huge disappointment to me, as we have spent several top picks last 2 drafts on OL and should let those play themselves out, some haven't even had a full offseason or preseason to be able to use the facilities yet.

With cutting KVN I think Parsons is now even more in play at 3 imo
I hear a lot about him but I do not like his film. Not seeing it. Sewell is the highest rated tackle ever to come out since they started ratings. Comparisons to munoz....I know there's always risk but that's something.

Several have given us their priority lists. Here's mine:

1) Trade down into the 20s for 4 or 5 picks in the first three rounds.
2) Trade down into the teens for 3 picks.
3) Trade down only far enough to make sure you don't lose your precious freaking WR and only get one second round pick.
4) Penei Sewell

Just a question that popped up in my head today. With Miami clearing more cap space, what if the team signs Robinson?

Does that mean Chase and/or Smith are not early targets? I know the Dolphins still need a slot so Waddle might be a better option under that scenario. Combining Parker, Robinson and Waddle looks great on paper. Food for thought anyway.

Of course, it could signal an entire different direction at that #3 pick, or in a trade down.

Just a question that popped up in my head today. With Miami clearing more cap space, what if the team signs Robinson?

Does that mean Chase and/or Smith are not early targets? I know the Dolphins still need a slot so Waddle might be a better option under that scenario. Combining Parker, Robinson and Waddle looks great on paper. Food for thought anyway.

Of course, it could signal an entire different direction at that #3 pick, or in a trade down.
Doesn’t change much

Back
Top Bottom