What to do with pick number 3 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

When you have a chance at truly rare prospects...you don’t trade down.

Pitts is the clearest example of a Freak catching the football, there is no way I would pass on him!

I had Sewell as my #1 at #3 but I'm starting to edge towards flipping to Pitts. I don't for a second however think our FO will however, if we stay at 3 they will take one of the other WRs or Sewell, or even Parsons, think that could be a big mistake. Pitts's rare talent and athletic profile are not matched in this draft or in many recent others for my money.

I had Sewell as my #1 at #3 but I'm starting to edge towards flipping to Pitts. I don't for a second however think our FO will however, if we stay at 3 they will take one of the other WRs or Sewell, or even Parsons, think that could be a big mistake. Pitts's rare talent and athletic profile are not matched in this draft or in many recent others for my money.
I’m not convinced they won’t, 3 is very high for a regular receiver unless your talking about a megatron (which Pitts is)....we will see!

I’m not convinced they won’t, 3 is very high for a regular receiver unless your talking about a megatron (which Pitts is)....we will see!
Surely you can back up that statement with something tangible like collegiate stats, 40 times etc?

Let me know how that turns out.

Why are most people ranking Waddle as basically the 3rd best WR prospect. All of them, Smitty, Chase, Pitts, and Waddle have blue chip potential.

Waddle may have the highest ceiling and be the most versatile WT. I honestly wouldn't mind any of the 3 WRs at 3 but Waddle intrigues me the most. He was straight balling and growing up fast before his injury...was on pace to post better #s that Smitty if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
I wanted Smith but he doesn't seem very mature. At this point I'm thinking it's gotta be Sewell, Chase or Parsons if we stay at 3.

I can't see us drafting Pitts even though I know a few on this board want that to be the case.
Parsons doesn't seem mature imo.

It's very possible, I trust our FO to make the right call. I definitely think a players maturity is an important factor that should be considered.
It is, but there are also different kinds of immaturity.

Most young guys (not only in football) quickly grow out of it to a large extent once they transition to the big boy world, and are around grown men as equals.

Some others are just bone head stupid their whole lives, unless a good woman gets a hold of them and straightens them out......lol.

It is, but there are also different kinds of immaturity.

Most young guys (not only in football) quickly grow out of it to a large extent once they transition to the big boy world, and are around grown men as equals.

Some others are just bone head stupid their whole lives, unless a good woman gets a hold of them and straightens them out......lol.
Stop talking to my freaking ex-wife bro.

Hypothetically, let's say Miami signs Samuel and Golladay in free agency. How does that change the number three pick?

Hard to imagine the Dolphins will do that with all the wide receiver talent in the draft. But that kind of move would make sense if the team has someone else targeted.

Hypothetically, let's say Miami signs Samuel and Golladay in free agency. How does that change the number three pick?

Hard to imagine the Dolphins will do that with all the wide receiver talent in the draft. But that kind of move would make sense if the team has someone else targeted.

Golladay will likely be tagged

In that specific example, it would be obvious to me that they aren't drafting a rd1 WR at all, though I think there is zero chance they sign two high priced FA recievers.

The more realistic scenario is they bring in one FA at the position. They could either still trade back taking one of the 4 percieved top guys, or keep 3, and go for one of the other next tier flanker prospects.

As to pick 3, should they not trade out, I don't believe they take a wideout there in any case.

In that specific example, it would be obvious to me that they aren't drafting a rd1 WR at all, though I think there is zero chance they sign two high priced FA recievers.

The more realistic scenario is they bring in one FA at the position. They could either still trade back taking one of the 4 percieved top guys, or keep 3, and go for one of the other next tier flanker prospects.

As to pick 3, should they not trade out, I don't believe they take a wideout there in any case.
I agree that's the most realistic scenario. There are a lot of talented slot receivers in the draft, but I'd still like Miami to get Samuel. That opens up a potentially high draft pick to be spent elsewhere.

I agree that's the most realistic scenario. There are a lot of talented slot receivers in the draft, but I'd still like Miami to get Samuel. That opens up a potentially high draft pick to be spent elsewhere.
That, or something similar just might be what they have in mind.

Some posters here might have mental breakdowns, but it would certainly clear the way for some nice possibilities. Sewell? Parsons?Paye? Rousseau(sp)?

Back
Top Bottom