What to do with X? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with X?

Time to rebuild our team the right way. Lets not give up all our draft picks we acquired for one player
I tend to be on this side of the fence.

Don't get me wrong. Watson would be tempting and I certainly don't want to see him with the Jets. I'm not sure Tua's ceiling will ever equal what Watson is doing in the NFL, but there's a chance. It's definitely too early to write him off. I've always viewed Tua as a potential top 10 quarterback, someone I think you can win with.

Building around Tua seems like the better option to me. With all the draft capital the Dolphins would have to trade for Watson, Miami could load up with talent on both sides of the ball. I'm hearing a minimum of four #1 picks, plus additional draft picks for Watson. That #3 alone for the Dolphins could get them a boatload of extra picks.

im not talking about jones. X ints came mostly off primary’s which means they weren’t bypassing byron to go after x on them
Ah I gotcha. Yah I agree for sure Xs INTs weren’t significantly due to Jones. I still felt like Jones was not targeted much, but I could definitely be wrong.

Just way too many people in here putting words in Xavian's mouth, when nothing has been said from him. Y'all biting that tainted fruit the Herald has been serving this offseason.

It is an easy assumption that Miami and X will come together this offseason and work out a contract agreement . . . not because of any demands, because it is how business gets done in the NFL in the situation X is in with his contract.

Same folks were saying the same things about Xavian in 2019 . . . ohhhh he is gonna hold out, he is greedy, lets trade him, etc. Xavian shows up day 1 of non voluntary and showed his leadership and never held out for anything.

This isn't Reshad Jones and he has never acted like Reshad, with 2 hold outs and demanding contracts, even after season ending injuries with years left on the deal.

Can it get messy? Yes it can, but up to this point it has not and there has been plenty of opportunity for it to be that way and it wouldn't be abnormal in NFL contract land. Let's give the man a little more credit until something else happens.

I think he mostly wants to be paid more than the other CB Jones whom he outperformed. I'd tell him to do it two years in a row and then lets talk about a new contract or trade him for two firsts if he still pushes the issue.

time is right to trade him.. gotta be the new 'Dolphins' way. his value as trade (age/career) will never be better.

I think he mostly wants to be paid more than the other CB Jones whom he outperformed. I'd tell him to do it two years in a row and then lets talk about a new contract or trade him for two firsts if he still pushes the issue.

I mean he was a top 5 CB in 2 of the last 3 years, including the best CB in the NFL last year. It will be something else next year even with another top 5 year . . . "Oh he's almost 30 lets trade him before he has a bad year".

Just be honest, you don't wanna pay the guy top CB money even though he was the top CB in the league . . . there isn't much that is ever going to change that narrative. And that is fine, its your take on the situation.

But he wouldn't be wrong for wanting to rework his deal just like the team wouldn't be wrong if he flopped this year and cut him. This is how NFL business gets done every year, you just rarely notice it in Miami because they rarely have anybody worth it.

Ramsey’s still the best corner in football. Only time that dude gets beat is when he gets bored.

x is at the top of his game when he plays with consistent leverage. It outside of ball skills carries his grade. Plays to his leverage and maintains it early in the stem etc so well. In terms of leverage play x is the most consistent in football at corner

time is right to trade him.. gotta be the new 'Dolphins' way. his value as trade (age/career) will never be better.

I agree, his value will never be higher than it is right now.

But you take X away from this defense last year, this team isn't .500. I fully believe that. He was that good.

Ramsey’s still the best corner in football. Only time that dude gets beat is when he gets bored.

x is at the top of his game when he plays with consistent leverage. It outside of ball skills carries his grade. Plays to his leverage and maintains it early in the stem etc so well. In terms of leverage play x is the most consistent in football at corner

I agree, Ramsey is the #1 overall pick in the NFL CB draft. But X was the best CB in football last year.

I agree, Ramsey is the #1 overall pick in the NFL CB draft. But X was the best CB in football last year.

yeah I can’t go there. Only guy that could do anything with dk metcalf was Ramsey. That dude can lock folks up when he’s motivated. much more of a lock down guy than x despite all his strengths and top shelf leverage play.

and the best tackling corner in football also. No offense to marlon humphrey

I disagree about players wanting to renegotiate or honoring their deal...you don't respect players because they signed a contract? The team signs it too.

It's a double standard by fans--and it's ignorant. Take Bobby McCain, for one. There is serious talk about cutting him--to save his salary. He's never complained, been in trouble, embarrassed the franchise. But I've never read fans say, "this is BS move by the team because they offered him a contract and should honor it."

Same for Albert Wilson.

Players careers are short. They have ten years or so (usually much less) to maximize their earning potential. And they are putting their lives and health on the line!

The Dolphins are going to be here long after we are all gone.

If Xavier and his financial advisors think he can get more money, they are within their right to try. The team can respond or not. Then Xavien can play or not.

It's just business.
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

the media made something out of nothing. the case has been closed. now if he was involved then you get rid of him.
his pay is an easy fix. restructure. give him his 21 salary as signing bonus, he will be a vet min. that gives him more guaranteed money he wants, and ad incentives.

We don't want a top 5 QB for ___________ reason(s), and now it sounds as of we don't want to pay a top 5 CB for __________ reason(s)...

I get it...

We simply aren't used to nice things,

Back
Top Bottom