What to Expect On Offense ?

HollowBeast

Active Roster
Reaction score
Declining COVID ? I hope
Normal OTA
Normal Training camps
Just 1 QB.
From The gambling Right throwing Vet to. A cautious lefty Rookie team needs stability.
Camps that allow the tremendous O Line talent to practice and perfect there Blocking assignments.
I am all in on current talent. I think Hunt will become a beast , love Kindley and Flowers inside Karras very Solid and Jackson oozes potential,
I don’t think last year is a fair gauge to fully determine what they can accomplish if we’re back to normal , has anyone ever started three rookies on online with success in a pandemic.
With that I say pass on Sewell Get us playmaker. Smith or Waddlen could allow Tua to get rid of ball Quick
Harris would help keep opposing D honest , he ran so hard and determined in Nat Championship game.
Last. Tua worked thru a injury in a pandemic I feel we owe him a few years to develop.
It took Mahomes a few years to get to a Super Bowl. Watson never has been .Patience and Trust Coach and Gm .
We are building a long term winner in a Salary Cap Era .

Declining COVID ? I hope
Normal OTA
Normal Training camps
Just 1 QB.
From The gambling Right throwing Vet to. A cautious lefty Rookie team needs stability.
Camps that allow the tremendous O Line talent to practice and perfect there Blocking assignments.
I am all in on current talent. I think Hunt will become a beast , love Kindley and Flowers inside Karras very Solid and Jackson oozes potential,
I don’t think last year is a fair gauge to fully determine what they can accomplish if we’re back to normal , has anyone ever started three rookies on online with success in a pandemic.
With that I say pass on Sewell Get us playmaker. Smith or Waddlen could allow Tua to get rid of ball Quick
Harris would help keep opposing D honest , he ran so hard and determined in Nat Championship game.
Last. Tua worked thru a injury in a pandemic I feel we owe him a few years to develop.
It took Mahomes a few years to get to a Super Bowl. Watson never has been .Patience and Trust Coach and Gm .
Agree for the most part. Only thing, if for some reason we pick at #3, Sewell is the correct pick. I dont see that happening though.

newFile-1.jpg

Back to normal...Just a few more days, lmfao

I expect our offense to take several steps forward next year.

We started 3 rookies on the offensive line most of last year; we lacked any sort of a bigger running back to get tough yards; one third of our WR core opted out due to COVID; and our rookie QB was clearly not in peak playing condition.

Add 1-2 more linemen, a bigger running back, and a really solid rookie WR (or two) and this offense can go from poor to very good.

I think we can be in the top half of the league with only minimal improvement, and top third is in sight if everything clicks.

I'm optimistic.

I'll wait to see what we do in free agency and who we draft and then I'll tell you what I expect from our offense

I have to think that if our offense isn't better we are in trouble because of experience, added players (hopefully good ones but it's a given with our picks/money) we damn well should improve. If we improve significantly on O and our D remains the same or better we should be in very good shape. If our O isn't better yikes, I'll be worried

How our offense looks next season is almost completely dependent on how Tua has progressed in the offseason. If he has improved his decision making and has strengthened his body to reclaim some zip on the football, our offense should look much improved given the new weapons that will almost assuredly be added in the draft and FA. On the flip side, if Tua enters the season similarly to where he ended last season, the additional draft talent won't be enough to move the needle from last year unless we have somehow found a next level running attack. Even with an improved running game, Tua needs to show vast improvement if the team is going to have sustained success moving forward.

Next season will either be the most exciting season, or the most disappointing season since Dan retired.

I think we'll see a lot of the same and with a stud back and added receivers some big plays. Of course, all this will depend upon Tuas growth. It's no secret our O likes to use their rb's in a lot of ways so expect some, no a lot of, that type of use if we get a stud.

Declining COVID ? I hope
Normal OTA
Normal Training camps
Just 1 QB.

No real judgements can be made until fans have seen games 8>16. I expect a much improved O, but some will be impatient and give a final verdict end of game 2.

It's a good question and how the offense develops will say a lot about whether Miami makes the playoffs. It's hard to imagine the defense doing much better, especially in terms of turnovers created. In that respect, the offense needs to start carrying its weight.

The in-house selection of offensive coordinators was a little odd to me. But, at least, that gives the team some continuity regarding terminology etc. Gailey had some good ideas. I think Tua did his best with quick reads in more of the RPO offense. I expect to see more of that.

The make up of the offensive line is also a pretty good indication that Flores would love to run the football. Jackson, Hunt and Kindley are all powerful run blockers. Same with Flowers. I look for Miami to draft or sign a power back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed.

I cannot understand the rambling of the main post. Is it some advanced form of Haiku?

Back
Top Bottom