What type of Corner will we be looking for? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What type of Corner will we be looking for?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
Do the Fins prefer man to man types or Zone guys who are good in space?

I know Flores runs a Belichick type scheme where they value versatility and I assume they prefer physical corners who can tackle(based on NE's preferences over the years).

I would like to see Miami add a corner with an early pick so who are the guys who fit the bill in the late 1st or 2nd round?

I have Kristian Fulton, A.J. Green, Cameron Dantzler, Jeff Gladney, Amik Robertson as the top CB's in that day 2 range on my board.

Center and cornerback are positions a team like Miami should target with those two 2nd rounders.

NE seems to look for physical corners who can tackle.

Now the NFL allows NE to hold receivers on pretty much every play and probably won't let Miami DB's do the same so the NE "scheme' might not be so successful down south. ;)

Last edited:
I agree on man. But he has to be offer run support as well as ability to blitz.

I think they'll like Darnay Holmes. He's going to run 4.35 or better, and he'll likely weigh between 195 and 200 lbs. He was not good as a Junior, but he finished his degree in 3 years, and I wonder how much cramming in a degree on top of football affected his game.

At his current projection, 166th overall, he's a steal. His 2018 was good enough to bet on his tools.

I have Kristian Fulton, A.J. Green, Cameron Dantzler, Jeff Gladney, Amik Robertson as the top CB's in that day 2 range on my board.

Center and cornerback are positions a team like Miami should target with those two 2nd rounders.

Slimm, is Jaylon Johnson a Day 1 guy for you, or are you lower on him than the rest of the CB's you listed? I know you were high on him going into 2019, so I'd guess the former.

Slimm, is Jaylon Johnson a Day 1 guy for you, or are you lower on him than the rest of the CB's you listed? I know you were high on him going into 2019, so I'd guess the former.

He was right there in that group but he got roasted against USC. Right now he's in a group below that.

Depending on what they do at 5 and 18 I am hoping the Fins can move out of 26 for extra picks or a #1 next year.

Maybe find the team who wants to jump in and grab the last 1st round QB.

But 26 looks like a good spot to find that 2nd CB Miami needs opposite X Man and Dantzler should be there.Maybe Henderson too, but probably not.Hell, he might not be there at 18.

I can't see leaving Kristian Fulton off the top corners. I think he's very, very good.

Good chance I'm underrating him. I'm going to revisit him before the Combine. Hard to get over the guy across from him, who would be the CB1 in this (loaded) class if he were draft eligible.

Back
Top Bottom