What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
There seems to be a view by some that the Cook question is a simple yes or no, and that anyone who is not unconditionally on board is "anti-Cook".

I disagree. I think it is a cost/benefit question, moreso than anything.

I would like to see what my brother Phin fans think is an appropriate contract offer.

We can't possibly account for all variables, but I will attempt a range of possibilities.
I think our running back room is set and the team would be best served by focusing its coaching resources on integrating Achane‘s speed into the offense along with Mostert. Reek said something interesting the other day, he said imagine him and waddle on one side and Mostert. & Achane on the other, who do you cover? Or you could do it out of the backfield with regards to running routes. Does Cook have the speed that our offense covets? We have 3 very solid running backs, two of them are among the fastest players in the league, what do we need another running back that isn’t as fast as the two we have for? I can see if we didn’t draft Achane, but we did, and we drafted him with the intention of playing him and using his speed, not to sit him on the bench. So, I don’t get why people are still going on about Dalvin Cook, it doesn’t make any sense at this point. Or am I missing something?

There seems to be a view by some that the Cook question is a simple yes or no, and that anyone who is not unconditionally on board is "anti-Cook".

I would like to see what my brother Phin fans think is an appropriate contract offer.

We can't possibly account for all variables, but I will attempt a range of possibilities.
I would love to see Cook sign with the Dolphins but I just don’t know if the Dolphins can afford him. As I have stated previously on another thread. I think Cook knows his opportunities to sign for big money is coming to an end in the next few years and this will likely be his last chance to get one last big contract.

I believe he will get offers for quite a bit more than the Dolphins will be able to pay him. Unless he just wants to come home and is willing to take a lot less with the Dolphins, I think it is more likely he will end up taking the money and signing with the team that offers him the most money.

We have a cost-effective RB room right now. My feeling is that you can never have enough depth when you’re a contender. Mostert and Wilson have had some durability issues in the past. I am OK with paying Cook in that $7-9m range on a shorter-term deal. Having Cook, Mostert, Wilson, and Achane provides the deepest RB room in the NFL. Also provides tons of flexibility with Achane being able to move out into receiving positions while you keep someone like Cook in the backfield.

We have the cap space. And signing Wilkins to an extension will increase our current cap space.

I picked 'less than any.' Not because I believe it, but because he's unsigned May 31. It is competition that drives the price up (e.g., DHop). Cook can certainly sit out '23, but I doubt it. It's also possible competition will arise in a few days. we shall see. For now, I'd start with a low bid and see if competition appears.
This is totally fair, but it bucks the hypothetical. The dollar ranges are supposed to be the maximum you’d be willing to pay him. Personally, I think somewhere in the range of two years, $8MM per year in real dollar value is extremely fair.

But I certainly would love to get him cheaper if that’s an option.

It wasn't just last year. I posted his career stats, year by year.

Is it possible you have been sold a "bill of goods" via the hype that has been going around?
My mom's whole family is from Minnesota. As such, I watch all of the Vikings games unless the Phins are playing at the same time (if they are I tape the Vikings). I've seen every down in the NFL that Cook has played. He's the real deal. Now that his shoulder is fixed, he's going to get back to his hair on fire downhill style of running.

I'll do 8 mill for 2 years (4 per year)...anything more will be paying for a declining player.

My mom's whole family is from Minnesota. As such, I watch all of the Vikings games unless the Phins are playing at the same time (if they are I tape the Vikings). I've seen every down in the NFL that Cook has played. He's the real deal. Now that his shoulder is fixed, he's going to get back to his hair on fire downhill style of running.

But, but, but a football field is flat?

Spk Engrish? - LOL

But, but, but a football field is flat?

Spk Engrish? - LOL
Bored Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

You’re a flat-earther, Ray? :-)

No, but I had a Physics professor in college who was a member of the "flat earth society".

He didn't think the Earth was flat, but he was looking for more "proof". - LOL

As far as I'm concerned, the earth is kind of round.

For more information about our solar system read the book "worlds in collision". The Author turned out to be correct about the structure of the moon and was closer than any other scientist as to the surface temperature of Venus.

He predicted it would be over 400 degrees. It was measured by one of our satellite probes as over 800 degrees.

No, but I had a Physics professor in college who was a member of the "flat earth society".

He didn't think the Earth was flat, but he was looking for more "proof". - LOL

As far as I'm concerned, the earth is kind of round.

For more information about our solar system read the book "worlds in collision". The Author turned out to be correct about the structure of the moon and was closer than any other scientist as to the surface temperature of Venus.

He predicted it would be over 400 degrees. It was measured by one of our satellite probes as over 800 degrees.
It’s settled. On a balmy and spherical Venus, Dalvin would run downhill with his hair on fire. Albeit briefly.

Back
Top Bottom