What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll do 8 mill for 2 years (4 per year)...anything more will be paying for a declining player.
You understand Samaje Perine just signed a contract for $7.5 million for 2 years this off-season, right? He is the exact same age as Cook and has not run for more than 400 yards in a season or started more than two games in a season since 2017. He has scored 7 career rushing TDs.

I think a lot of people in this thread are not seriously engaging with the state of NFL salaries. Noah Igbinoghene has a $3.6 million cap hit this season. Ced Wilson has an $8 million cap hit. We are paying Dan Feeney $3.2 million to be a backup center and Keion Crossen $3.2 million to be a special teams gunner.

$4 million per year is not a realistic price point for Cook. It’s like saying yes I’m in favor of us adding Jamarr Chase, but I wouldn’t trade more than a third round pick.

You understand Samaje Perine just signed a contract for $7.5 million for 2 years this off-season, right? He is the exact same age as Cook and has not run for more than 400 yards in a season or started more than two games in a season since 2017. He has scored 7 career rushing TDs.

I think a lot of people in this thread are not seriously engaging with the state of NFL salaries. Noah Igbinoghene has a $3.6 million cap hit this season. Ced Wilson has an $8 million cap hit. We are paying Dan Feeney $3.2 million to be a backup center and Keion Crossen $3.2 million to be a special teams gunner.

$4 million per year is not a realistic price point for Cook. It’s like saying yes I’m in favor of us adding Jamarr Chase, but I wouldn’t trade more than a third round pick.
Exactly! I saw most of the salary numbers in the poll as out of touch with reality.

You seem to focus more on what other guys are making with other teams, as opposed to added value for this specific team.

Not sure that's a valid way to assess the situation.

How are you defining "beast"?

He's a good back. I wouldn't consider him "beast" level, ala Lynch, Elliot, Bettis, etc in their primes.

At this point, I think many are painting this guy to be more than he actually is. He had one outstanding year in 2020. Other than that, statistically he has been good, but not "beast".

Are you accounting for how defenses played the Vikings throughout his career Mach?, perhaps he’s facing defenses that game planned for him

Great post, and that’s without even mentioning the fact that Cook is one of the best receiving backs in the NFL.

I really don’t understand the people who act like he’s comparable to Mostert and Wilson. Mostert is 31 and last year is the first time he’s started more than 8 games in a season. He’s an old, career back-up on a near-minimum deal. And Wilson is worse than that.

Cook is among the best RBs in the NFL.
Only thing I could say to that is Mostert in this system seems like an upper tier back, last quarter of the year we saw a player that was playing fast in the flow of the scheme and very unexpectedly physical.

Are you accounting for how defenses played the Vikings throughout his career Mach?, perhaps he’s facing defenses that game planned for him
Perhaps, but it's not like Cousins is inept, or a slouch. Teams couldn't just sell out against the run.

Perhaps, but it's not like Cousins is inept, or a slouch. Teams couldn't just sell out against the run.
Cousins arm is limited from a defensive coordinators perspective imo. You can constrict the field in the run game when playing them.

Why are you all so convinced McDaniel prefers RBBC? He had a roster of mediocre RBs who’d never been full time starters. Committee was his only option. Shanahan-inspired offenses have not historically been RBBC.
You’re always running back by committee if you have one dimensional players.

Achane or Cook are dual threats from the position imo

I get that when you combine both of these guys, the results may be somewhat similar, but idk. Cook is elite or close to it imo. Sure we may not NEED him. But it wouldnt hurt. Mostert is also injury prone, do we want the rushing attack to rely solely on Wilson and a rookie??
This is the point to me, not how much better is Cook than Mostert. Just can't count on Mostert staying healthy for long. I love this rookie but he's not exactly built to just step in as a traditional RB and give you 15 runs between the tackles, if you're down to him and Wilson we're in trouble. Everyone always going on about O-line depth but we need depth at RB too for this special run in '23. Cook would step right into this offense and take the most snaps making Mostert a true speed change of pace #2 with Wilson more of an insurance piece getting a few snaps. Then McD is totally free to utilize Achane in whatever packages he wants to rather than having to depend on him to carry 1/2 the RB snaps.

Now as far as price, someone said it earlier but I would guess we have no interest over $6 or $7 mil but if in the $5 to $6 mil range annually for say 2-3 years it could get done and I for one think it would be a valuable add, just to have a number of quality bodies in that RB room to throw at defenses all year long.

Cousins arm is limited from a defensive coordinators perspective imo. You can constrict the field in the run game when playing them.
Damn, I didn't realize how limited he was. Imagine his stats and Pro Bowl accolades if he weren't so "limited".

Damn, I didn't realize how limited he was. Imagine his stats and Pro Bowl accolades if he weren't so "limited".

I don’t think Corners are worried to much about being beat on the perimeter or deep middle on traditional drop backs

Back
Top Bottom