What was Mel Kiper Jr.'s grade for the Phins Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was Mel Kiper Jr.'s grade for the Phins Draft?

DrewOldSchool

LeBatard, The Fat ******* of Miami.
Reaction score
ESPN Insider. I will not pay for this but if anyone is willing to share I was wondering what draft grade he gave the Phins? :confused:

Yeah, B-. The picks he seemed to have a problem with are Crowder, because he sees him as a serious injury risk, and Alibi, who he called "average."

Miami Dolphins: B-
Running back Ronnie Brown is a complete prospect and you also have to like the intensity and toughness end Matt Roth will bring to the table. The biggest question is whether linebacker Channing Crowder will remain healthy enough long enough to be an impact pro, but new Miami coach Nick Saban obviously had no questions about cornerback Travis Daniels, who played under Saban at LSU and solidified his standing with a good 40 time. Offensive tackle Anthony Alabi is an average player and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson came on as a senior but still needs some work.

He loved Philly's, Baltimore's and the Cowboy's drafts the best.

Was overly harsh on a good # of teams. Gave the Jets & Pats a C grade and the Bills a C+.

That's pretty much in line with my grade except that I like Alibi. That's why I'm at B and he's at B-. Maybe I have a future on TV. ;)

the grades are so dumb, the teams with the most picks especially multiple first rounders usualy get the best grades, because at this point we love everyone, but once a demarcus ware flops or some ****, the cowboys look like gods with ware and spears... so really grades are ******ed... i mean travis daniels could become better than pacman jones, we dont know, no one should grad a draft till at LEAST the end of the next season

Kiper has an encyclopedic knowledge of college players and where they may fall in the draft, but he's often wrong if you follow it through years down the road.

arsenal said:
the grades are so dumb, the teams with the most picks especially multiple first rounders usualy get the best grades, because at this point we love everyone, but once a demarcus ware flops or some ****, the cowboys look like gods with ware and spears... so really grades are ******ed... i mean travis daniels could become better than pacman jones, we dont know, no one should grad a draft till at LEAST the end of the next season

You are right. Grading a draft this early is very subjective. And, the number of picks a team gets should not factor. If we end up with 3-4 starters out of this draft, you would have to give Saban an A for this given the number of picks he had.

On paper, Dallas did do well, but you shouldn't dock a team's draft if they didn't have as many picks as another team. They should be graded on what they did with the picks they had going into the draft, imo.

Number of picks absolutely should be a part of all of this. It's all about what you did to improve your team. The number and position of the picks you have absolutely has something to do with that. For instance, when the Redskins managed to pick second and third and got Arrington and Samuels, they did have a great draft and earned their grade.

Let's wait about 4 years and see how this draft grades then. I could care less what Kiper says. All of us on this board can guess and speculate just as good as him. He just gets paid for it.

bisco614 said:
Yeah, B-. The picks he seemed to have a problem with are Crowder, because he sees him as a serious injury risk, and Alibi, who he called "average."

crowder hasnt had a major injury since HS, and I'll take Houcks opinion on alibi over kipers any day.

All Kiper pretty much does is speculate, as does/did all of the 'experts' before the draft. No one really knows for sure what these guys can do until they get into training camp and into game situations. Yeah, they might have had stellar college careers but the college game is so much different than the pros. No news there. You really don't know what you've got until at least a year or two down the road. The draft can be somewhat of a crap shoot that doesn't pan out (Ryan Leaf) and sometimes you find gold nuggets much later than you expect (Marino).

Back
Top Bottom