What was the big rumor on Mike and Mike? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was the big rumor on Mike and Mike?

Yeah I heard this on the radio right before my car got smacked with a couple of 2 x 4's that fell off the truck that was one lane over & ahead of me...

if this trade happened, and lets say sandy had three first round picks, do you see them trading the two first round picks to get our second overall..lol. imagine that, the first two picks of the draft with 20 millino dollar under the cap..

Can we win a SB said:
if this trade happened, and lets say sandy had three first round picks, do you see them trading the two first round picks to get our second overall..lol. imagine that, the first two picks of the draft with 20 millino dollar under the cap..

I thought about that possibility and frankly, it scares the hell out of me. It would be a smart move for SD to move up into the top two spots and they have the capital to do it. I think Saban would be wise to take two #1 picks for our 2nd overall.

i would think SD would have to give up one of their 1st rounders. i don't thind rivers straight up for #1 overall would work for SF. i'm sure they would at least get #28

FinzManiac said:
Yeah I heard this on the radio right before my car got smacked with a couple of 2 x 4's that fell off the that was truck one lane over & ahead of me...

Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything gets worked out 4 you.

Can we win a SB said:

Nice sig-Nick,AJ, and two smoking fine hotties in....Ricky Williams jerseys??? bummer

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything gets worked out 4 you.

Thanks! I was listening to the radio going hmm...that's an interesting trade and then a few moments later....Wood flying at me *WHACK*

Car has only cosmetic damage...I'm fine and so was everyone else involved. Just going to be a big pain in my arse.

Smacks said:
The Chargers are moving to SF?!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, the rumor I heard was they are going to merge into one team, they are going to combine their draft picks, and get roster exemptions to keep a 70 man team....the word on the street is if this happens SF/SD should get at least 3 wins next year....the good news is that SF has already said when this happens they are going to trade Rivers, Brees, and LT to the Phins for the rights to RW.....cool aay??:D

bdmagnum said:
They would have to give up one of the two (#12) that they already had to get the #1.

Rivers was the 4th overall last year so it would essentially be trading #1 for #4 and #12. I'm just wondering if that is fair value according to the draft value charts. It seems a little steep to me. Especially since SF is getting their QB (who apparently is better than Smith or Rodgers) and the #12 overall. It seems like SD is giving up more than they should.

zuper_man said:
Rivers was the 4th overall last year so it would essentially be trading #1 for #4 and #12. I'm just wondering if that is fair value according to the draft value charts. It seems a little steep to me. Especially since SF is getting their QB (who apparently is better than Smith or Rodgers) and the #12 overall. It seems like SD is giving up more than they should.

#1 overall is worth 3000 pts. #4 is worth 1800, and #12 is worth 1200. Looks like a fair trade to me.

If this trade goes down it is a GREAT move (I.M.O.) for both teams.

The 49er's get a young, highly thought of quarterback. A guy who is a lot more NFL ready then either Smith or Rodgers.

Rivers has had a year to watch and learn. He did'nt play a lot but he got to be around a winning enviroment. He is a much better prospect (I.M.O.) then any q.b. in this draft.

As a bonus the 49er's don't have to pay all of his signing bonus (since the 49er's are pinching pennies lately and that also helps their cap) and they could get the #12 pick in the draft. This will allow them to fill another need (Troy Williamson would be a perfect pick if he is still available at #12).

If I was the 49er's I would do this deal in a heartbeat...you get a starting (potential franchise) q.b. and a chance to draft another really good prospect. At the same time you help your cap a little by not having to pay a mega-bonus to a rookie. Rivers will step in a start from the first second he is there.

From the Chargers point of view they can add Braylon Edwards to Reche Caldwell, Keenan McKardell, Antonio Gates, L.T. and Drew Brees. That is a scary looking offense.

They still have a first round pick (28) to fill other needs and since this draft is deeper in the middle then at the top they will add a good player.

I agree with the "shift the balance of power statement". The Chargers are a team on the rise in a big way. They will have a scary offense and a defense that works their asse$ off as well as good special teams.

I think they are AFC West favorites before this trade....if this goes down they are in the same breath as the Patriots...I think they are a first round bye team in the AFC.

FinzManiac said:
Thanks! I was listening to the radio going hmm...that's an interesting trade and then a few moments later....Wood flying at me *WHACK*

Car has only cosmetic damage...I'm fine and so was everyone else involved. Just going to be a big pain in my arse.

I hear that. No one enjoys having their vehicle hit thats for sure. Glad to hear everyone is ok though. Good luck with that and dealing with that and insurance.

unifiedtheory said:
If this trade goes down it is a GREAT move (I.M.O.) for both teams.

The 49er's get a young, highly thought of quarterback. A guy who is a lot more NFL ready then either Smith or Rodgers.

Rivers has had a year to watch and learn. He did'nt play a lot but he got to be around a winning enviroment. He is a much better prospect (I.M.O.) then any q.b. in this draft.

As a bonus the 49er's don't have to pay all of his signing bonus (since the 49er's are pinching pennies lately and that also helps their cap) and they could get the #12 pick in the draft. This will allow them to fill another need (Troy Williamson would be a perfect pick if he is still available at #12).

If I was the 49er's I would do this deal in a heartbeat...you get a starting (potential franchise) q.b. and a chance to draft another really good prospect. At the same time you help your cap a little by not having to pay a mega-bonus to a rookie. Rivers will step in a start from the first second he is there.

From the Chargers point of view they can add Braylon Edwards to Reche Caldwell, Keenan McKardell, Antonio Gates, L.T. and Drew Brees. That is a scary looking offense.

They still have a first round pick (28) to fill other needs and since this draft is deeper in the middle then at the top they will add a good player.

I agree with the "shift the balance of power statement". The Chargers are a team on the rise in a big way. They will have a scary offense and a defense that works their asse$ off as well as good special teams.

I think they are AFC West favorites before this trade....if this goes down they are in the same breath as the Patriots...I think they are a first round bye team in the AFC.

Damn.....I made some good points....L.T.21 is gonna like this....self bump...:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom