What was Wanny thinking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was Wanny thinking

FinsOwnBrady

Brady Sucks!
Reaction score
What was Wanny thinking?

:confused: Could Have Wanny messed up the the dolphins team any worse. To how many average players did Wanny give a big contract to Reggie Howard 21 mil and they are saying he might not even compete for the starting spot,Jenno James hasn't proved anything and he got a huge contract.David Boston got a rediculios contract that would of ate up a bunch of the cap, now we resighned him to a minimum. He gave the eagles a 2nd round pick for Feely.Then Ricky Williams retires so he gives the rams a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon what was he thinking a 3rd string back for the rams. The chiefs wanted to give us a 5th round pick for Surtain a proven CB.Then they barely gave us the 2nd round pick. I think coaches should get drug tested because Wanny was on something.:confused:

Im sure theres more that Wanny has done that i haven't covered so lets hear it.

We must forget about Wanny. It is time to move on and think ahead, instead of the past.

Wanny is a perfect example of the "Peter Principle".For those who dont know what this principle is that a man gets promoted to a position which he is not capable of managing.In other words a man who was good at a certain job gets promoted to a position which he cannot handle.The same principle applies to R.Speilman.IMO these two stunted our growth.Thank goodness its all over now.

He had a quick fix mentality, which ruin the fins. He traded away picks like they grew on trees. And the people he got from the trades for the most part didn't turn out. He is gone and is now Pitt's problem.

You know how George Wilson is rarely mentioned on this site? I can't wait until the day Dave Wannstedt is the same way.

the 21 mil is not guaranteed money, so thats no biggy. and speilman made the feeley trade.

CrunchTime said:
Wanny is a perfect example of the "Peter Principle".For those who dont know what this principle is that a man gets promoted to a position which he is not capable of managing.In other words a man who was good at a certain job gets promoted to a position which he cannot handle.The same principle applies to R.Speilman.IMO these two stunted our growth.Thank goodness its all over now.

So we hope. I pray every single night (and I'm not religious) that Saban will be the real deal. Yet, until he acomplishes something, he could be another (cringe**) Wanny. Lets hope not.

jaketaylor said:
So we hope. I pray every single night (and I'm not religious) that Saban will be the real deal. Yet, until he acomplishes something, he could be another (cringe**) Wanny. Lets hope not.

At least there is hope and expectation.

Beat like the dead horse this thread rode in on.

FinsOwnBrady said:
:confused: Could Have Wanny messed up the the dolphins team any worse. To how many average players did Wanny give a big contract to Reggie Howard 21 mil and they are saying he might not even compete for the starting spot,Jenno James hasn't proved anything and he got a huge contract.David Boston got a rediculios contract that would of ate up a bunch of the cap, now we resighned him to a minimum. He gave the eagles a 2nd round pick for Feely.Then Ricky Williams retires so he gives the rams a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon what was he thinking a 3rd string back for the rams. The chiefs wanted to give us a 5th round pick for Surtain a proven CB.Then they barely gave us the 2nd round pick. I think coaches should get drug tested because Wanny was on something.:confused:

Im sure theres more that Wanny has done that i haven't covered so lets hear it.

As much as everyone loves to hate Dave, I think the moves you mentioned were made by Spielman. They barely gave up a 2nd rd pick does make sense to me, cause they did give up a 2nd rd pick, obviously any smart GM is gonna try to get a player for less than value, especially since Surtain basically had to be traded.

Spielman needs to stop tourching the crack pipe

djfresh47 said:
As much as everyone loves to hate Dave, I think the moves you mentioned were made by Spielman. They barely gave up a 2nd rd pick does make sense to me, cause they did give up a 2nd rd pick, obviously any smart GM is gonna try to get a player for less than value, especially since Surtain basically had to be traded.

They are both idiots

I'm not defending Wanny what so ever here, but I think I know what he was thinking when he made all of his bad personell decisions.

When Wannstedt took over Jimmy Johnson in 2000, everyone expected the Miami Dolphins to finally suffer a complete fall from grace after posting winning seasons for years. However, the 2000 Dolphins won an extremely competitive AFC East with an 11-5 record and even came from behind to defeat the heavily favored Colts in the playoffs. Miami was the NFL's feel good story of the 2000 season.

Wanny then used the strategy that helped them win the division (conservative, run first offense, with a strong defense) for most of his coaching tenure in Miami. While most people on this board don't like to admit it, his strategy did work more often than not. The numbers don't lie, he averaged over 10 wins per season before last year's disaster. What led to Wannstedt's down fall was a combination of bad drafts/personel decisions, a lack of leadership in tough situations and a lot of bad luck (Ricky leaving and Boston getting hurt last year).

djfresh47 said:

Exactly right. Wanny's name is completely misplaced atop this thread. Those moves are pure Spielman, all from his reign of masochistic destruction. I subscribe to Dolphin Digest and after every one of those moves they were critiqued by Wanny, in his coach's column, as manuevers by Spielman. I think I keeled over in a seizure of laughter when Wanny wrote what a fantastic job Spielman did prying Gordon away from the Rams for only a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom