What We Do With The 2nd Pick... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What We Do With The 2nd Pick...

Nature Boy

Boys Keep Swinging
Reaction score
I assume that if we trade down, we are looking at a running back. On the other hand, if we keep that pick, does anyone really think that we'll take Alex Smith? Basically, if you were to put your money on what position we'd pick if we do so from the number two spot, what would it be? An what about from a lower spot? this isn't a question of what we should do, but rather what we WILL do...

My guess is running back either way. I just can't see us taking another position.

I believe that it'll come down to smith, benson or edwards if we stay at #2.

I hope we take Edwards or Mike Williams. What will actually happen, I don't think anyone knows but Saban and maybe Spielman.

I don't know. But I honestly believe Saban has no real intention of drafting a QB at #2.

I am about 80% sure you'll be hearing........"with the second pick in the 2005 draft......the Miami Dolphins select Alex Smith, Quarterback Utah.

This is just my view and not necessarily what I think will happen. I believe Alex Smith is a bluff and that Miami is really targeting Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson at this point. I believe that's why they are willing to move down. IMO, if Nick was completely sold on Alex Smith, he wouldn't trade the pick.

However, I could be fooled on this. Maybe the talk about a trade is the bluff, and Nick really wants Alex Smith.

i think we will make the trade and WILL take mike williams at #5 and jason campbell with the second rd pick we get for the trading down, either way i like what im hearing!

KB21 said:
This is just my view and not necessarily what I think will happen. I believe Alex Smith is a bluff and that Miami is really targeting Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson at this point. I believe that's why they are willing to move down. IMO, if Nick was completely sold on Alex Smith, he wouldn't trade the pick.

However, I could be fooled on this. Maybe the talk about a trade is the bluff, and Nick really wants Alex Smith.

Never looked at it THAT way, it IS true that if he were truely all about him he wouldn't bother with trading, its not like he can trade down just to get Smith later, thus cheaper, cuz Smith will be gone no later than 3 (browns). The trade bluff is possible though, IDK, I just want it to be NEXT saturday today

thedayafter said:
I hope we never have the number 2 pick again......

Yeah, really, too much stress, not to mention it means we SUCKED the year before (unless we get a sweet trade deal)

IMO Saban has the top 7 guys all equally rated. We need all 3 positions so whichever one we get, we get. By sneding out signals we favor one guy over another, he entices another tam that wants that one particular playet to trade up. we get an extra pick or 2, stay in the top 7 where he can still select any of the top 7 AND have an extra pick.

in a dream world, we trade down 2x and still remain in the top 7, and Saban becomes King of Miami for his shrewdness.

but this is not a dream. Saban is not king. we take who Saban wants and no one else. Spielman will have no say in it, alleluia. Only Saban knows for sure what he is doing. everything else is guesswork, speculation, dreams.

Agent51 said:
I just want it to be NEXT saturday today

oh man me too. all this talk is driving me crazy. :googly:
but when the draft is over , whats next?? training camp in june? that almost 2 whole months.:hitself:

vmarcilfan75 said:
but when the draft is over , whats next?? training camp in june? that almost 2 whole months.:hitself:

No that would be two months of more trade talking since rosters will be more defined, this site will never slow down, I actually think it will slow some once the season starts. LOL the most of the football talk is not even about games.

vmarcilfan75 said:

Training camp actually scares me. I remeber in Fletchers year I was praying every single day for news that he was "WOWing" coaches etc etc, then came the dreaded news that he got INJURED, god forbid that happens to one of our much needed gems this year..........

Back
Top Bottom