what we need vs. what we want! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what we need vs. what we want!

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
everyone is saying oh we want edwards or we want one of the top qb's.
but what do we NEED to help our team not who is the most exciting player.
if we get ricky back we do not need to draft a back in the 1st an we do not need to draft a WR booker chambers and thompson will be fine. and face it feeley and gus are what were going to have to live with. we need to address our needs, d-line is getting real old and we did have the worst o-line in the nfl last year, i would love to trade down and get barron and a top d-lineman with the pick we get. but if ricky does not come back r.brown will be fine with me:wink:

rickysux said:
if we get ricky back we do not need to draft a back in the 1st an we do not need to draft a WR booker chambers and thompson will be fine. and face it feeley and gus are what were going to have to live with. we need to address our needs, d-line is getting real old and we did have the worst o-line in the nfl last year, i would love to trade down and get barron and a top d-lineman with the pick we get. but if ricky does not come back r.brown will be fine with me:wink:
:yeahthat:

What we need and what we want is the same thing:

A Superbowl Championship

saves said:
Ever heard of BPA?

Say what??? Why would we want to constantly infuse the team with top talent, that will improve our OVERALL play, and not committ us to long term, overpriced deals that never leaves us with cap space.

That just makes to much sense? When was the last time your job or anything ever went down the path, where you could say to yourself, "that makes perfect sense"?

rickysux said:

The D line was a major focus in FA. I don't see Saban using a high pick on the same part of the team.

As for the O line, I don't think the players we have are really as bad as they looked last year. Let's see what they can do with decent coaching before giving up on them.

Weve drafted need the past 5 years and it has seemed like we drafted the worst player available terrible post

BocaHighQB said:
Weve drafted need the past 5 years and it has seemed like we drafted the worst player available terrible post

also could help we were picking in the 20's last 5 years and had wanny drafting for us

were at #2 this time and we have a chance to take what could be a mix between marshall faulk/ricky watters

That man is Ronnie Brown [also fresh legs...we could get 10+ 1000 yd seasons outta him]

Ark139954 said:
We need Derrick Johnson

Se above quote as to why we do terrible in the drafts. Picking need never leads to a player that is worth a faq. DJ is at best, a third round selection. ONLY Sams are worth their weight in gold, not Wills. They are a dime a dozen, and that is exactly what DJ is. If he is available in the third, then yes, by all means, select him then.

Need picking is the best example of what a need player brings to the team. High pay, long term deals, that stretch our cap. We cant have that!!!!

LithoMan said:
Se above quote as to why we do terrible in the drafts. Picking need never leads to a player that is worth a faq. DJ is at best, a third round selection. ONLY Sams are worth their weight in gold, not Wills. They are a dime a dozen, and that is exactly what DJ is. If he is available in the third, then yes, by all means, select him then.

Need picking is the best example of what a need player brings to the team. High pay, long term deals, that stretch our cap. We cant have that!!!!

While I agree hes not worth the #2 overall selection.....the third round??:confused:

You gotta be joking:roflmao: :roflmao:

Jimi said:
While I agree hes not worth the #2 overall selection.....the third round??:confused:

You gotta be joking:roflmao: :roflmao:

Why?? Why is that a joke?? I hold the same opinion. What about him physically makes you think he's worth so much?? His C.O.D. ability? He's not that much better than everybody else-if he is better than everybody else (which is he isn't). Take-on and shed? Now that's a joke worth laughing about. In 2003 there was a guy from Oregon named Keith Mitchell-when I wrote his synopsis, one of the best things I could say about him is; "he recovers well when elimanated". I hate giving collegiate athletes grief, they've done more with their lives than I have, but the truth about Mitchell is this-He spent so much time on the ground he got good at getting up. When watching Johnson I couldn't help but be reminded of Mitchell. He's not the athlete he's advertised to be and he's (honestly) terrible when handling contact.

The best LB I've found is Derek Wake from PSU. (P.S.-Michigan fan) The combine only validated what I saw on film, it didn't create that opinion. Wake played both outside positions in his career and DE. And like his famus allumnist, LeVar Arringtion, field goals were not a given. He made plays wherever he was asked to play and is a better athlete than Johnson. Bigger as well. I couldn't understand the infatuation with Boss Bailey the same way I can't understand the obsession surrounding Johnson now. Fans criticize coaches, players, but never talent evaluators. Ponder this-some first round selections didn't meet expectations because they shouldn't have been taken at the spot to begin with. They should have never been considered at that position even before the draft. I believe that to be the case with Johnson. Anything to the contrary I'll ask you to prove it. I can; cassettes 51, 18 and 30. Have address, will mail.

Back
Top Bottom