What went wrong.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What went wrong..

CA Dolfan

Dolphin fan since '72
Club Member
Reaction score
I missed the first 3 quarters but it looked like the meltdown happened with 5 minutes left. Did Madison injured? Looked like Fletcher was getting used again? Can someone help me out?

Honestly.

The team was not agressive in play calling.

Put in your NE game of last year, the same thing happened.

lets see....

1) wanny

2) norv

3) bates

4)Royals

5) the ol

6) fiedler

7) fletcher-madison

We had a melt down almost the entire game. The second quarter was the only good one we had.

got it. The main stat i was wondering about when i finally got to see the game was Fiedler's. I think they finally flashed it before our second to last possession. I saw it and thought cool no INT. The next thing you know he gets intercepted. Ouch!

How was fiedler the problem? Seemed more like the defense, not the offense......or at least not the offense as much as the defense

didn't mean to imply that fiedler was the problem. it was just wierd that i liked the fact that when they flashed his stat for the day i saw no int and the next thing you know he throws one. maybe we would have won if he didn't throw it.

This could be the wake-up call they needed, would of thought last years missing the playoff would of been a wake up but I guess it did not.

I saw the game fiedler overthrew the crowd! he underthrew the grass he scrambled when the ball should have been gone already & then did nothing with the bought time. His ears caused him to take flight on three plays I think.

Simply put, our defense got ripped apart for nearly 400 yards. The OL couldn't run or pass block to save their lives. The DL didn't get so much as a sniff of David Carr. The WRs struggled to get open. Fiedler misfired on a few. Special teams got severely outplayed. And we had 11 penalties for 87 yards.

The Texans also missed 2 FGs.

EDIT: OH, and we used up our timeouts real early. Used two of them on the first drive of the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Simply put, our defense got ripped apart for nearly 400 yards. The OL couldn't run or pass block to save their lives. The DL didn't get so much as a sniff of David Carr. The WRs struggled to get open. Fiedler misfired on a few. Special teams got severely outplayed. And we had 11 penalties for 87 yards.

The Texans also missed 2 FGs.

Got it. Thanks Muck!

The problems.
To start with, our coaches and players game planned against a team that had 12 losses. Their team game planned against a team that should have had 11 wins. I could use that as an excuse for the first half but why the hell didn't we adjust? Carr was taking what, a two step drop. That's a reason why we didn't get any sacks, but why are we playing off the receivers when he's getting rid of the ball so quick? If the coaches are calling the wrong defenses, why the hell isn't Zach calling the defense? Penalty's and poor blocking by the O line. Piss poor.

Back
Top Bottom