What Will Be The Next Number Miami Retires? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Will Be The Next Number Miami Retires?

I actually thought Wake had a shot, but I see Ogbah took #91.

JT and Zach for sure as both have been gone for a while and their numbers haven't been assigned even in camp.

1 :woot:

I dunno. The fins didn't even retire the jerseys of greats like JT, so even the greatest Dolphin of the modern generation (Cam Wake - who should not blamed for playing on **** teams) has little chance unless they go back and retire JT and Zach's ... which seems unlikely at this stage.

You don’t just retire numbers for good players. As good as JT and Zach were...I don’t see them as retired numbers.

There aren’t enough numbers to retire every number.

The truth is Dwight Stephenson was a greater center than JT or Zach were at their positions. Larry Little was a dominant pulling guard...they just gave his number out.

There are many others.....

You don’t just retire numbers for good players. As good as JT and Zach were...I don’t see them as retired numbers.

There aren’t enough numbers to retire every number.

The truth is Dwight Stephenson was a greater center than JT or Zach were at their positions. Larry Little was a dominant pulling guard...they just gave his number out.

There are many others.....

A look at some other storied franchises:

Green Bay has 6 retired numbers, all in the HOF
Pittsburgh has 2 retired numbers, all in the HOF
San Francisco has 12 retired numbers, 11 in HOF

i would say you’re probably right about 54 and 99 not being retired. But I can see 99 being retired as he is in the HOF.

A look at some other storied franchises:

Green Bay has 6 retired numbers, all in the HOF
Pittsburgh has 2 retired numbers, all in the HOF
San Francisco has 12 retired numbers, 11 in HOF

i would say you’re probably right about 54 and 99 not being retired. But I can see 99 being retired as he is in the HOF.

My thing is also about how much a great player effected games...my memory isn’t So short That I forget the late game collapses of that era’s defense...they never really won anything meaningful and were never feared as a real contender.

My thing is also about how much a great player effected games...my memory isn’t So short That I forget the late game collapses of that era’s defense...they never really won anything meaningful and were never feared as a real contender.
I may be in the minority but yeah those miami
Defenses were overrated

Back
Top Bottom