What Will Be The Next Number Miami Retires? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Will Be The Next Number Miami Retires?

Nobody is worthy in the last 2 decades. Thats the problem. I miss having a Zack Thomas, at JT , a Dan Marino. This organization has no face. As soon as we get to know a player ......like Laundry (I loved him) poof......they are gone. I'm sick of it.

Due to the facts of needing at least 65-70 numbers each season for the roster, PS and some extra due to players being required to wear numbers for position
I make the following suggestions.

1 - any player [they must of played the majority of their career as a Dolphin] that makes the HOF should have their number retired for a minimum of 50 years. I make a time limit because I hope this organisation is around for centuries to come and also hope many more Fins players will make into the Hall in due time.
2 - any player [again they must of played the majority of their career as a Dolphin] that makes it on to the Honor Roll should have their number retired for the same number of seasons as they played in Miami.

zach-thomas-game-used-issued-miami-dolphins-signed-jersey-autograph-jsa-coa-6617610911834_612x700.jpg

Miami tends to not give out certain numbers, like the team did not give out Csonka's number for like 20 years till they finally retired it. Even 66 and 67, 51 get handed out. I think 99 and 54 will stay on the shelf for a while, but I am not sure they get retired. Zach was very good, but no Ray Lewis. JT is a hall of famer, the argument is good there, but he didn't spend his whole career in Miami, although that was not his fault at all.

In my mind you have to win a SB to get it retired. Unless your an all time great like Marino who at least took us to a SB.

It has to be JT. I don't quite understand how that one hasn't happened yet.

ZT will follow suit at some point.

After those two i think it's going to be a while.

#11 and #1. Tua is going to make Parker a HOF receiver, then he will be in himself about 5 years later.
One can hope, right?!? Loved JT, thinking #99 is deserving.

Back
Top Bottom