What will be your reaction if: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be your reaction if:

Dolphins at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and they select - DeVonta Smith WR

• Total voters
My take is that Flo and Grier have studied all the prospects and will chose the player they feel will best flourish in their system. It may not be someone on everyone's wishlist but to them it's their guy. At the end of the day I don't really care who they pick as long they are contributing to the teams success.

At this point, id be happy with any of the top pass catchers as each of them possess qualities and talent that will definitely help our team produce. Theres been so many disagreements/debates about whose better, whose faster, whose heavier lol, but i know one thing we should all agree on is that at least we have prospects of that caliber to choose from. It could be worse IMO. Anyways any of them will be an automatic upgrade to our offense, and ill stand by management on draft day.

I would hate it in that scenario, but as Dolphin fan I will hope he is more than I think.

Much like Tua!

Are you really comparing a 250lb, 6-6 TE with WR speed and the wingspan of a small aircraft to a
6-1, 160lb receiver that will probably set e new record for the thinnest (lightest) player to ever play in the NFL...
Exactly...if you listen to the evaluators it’s clear where they stand...every day the Pitts believers grows stronger!

Kiper has him at 2 overall as well!

I haven’t heard anybody but Dolphin fans that think Smith will get drafted before Pitts.

I will be extremely happy with any of the players listed and if that player is Smith, I’ll have a lot more faith in Grier and his staff and their decision than the vast majority of the posters on here.

Exactly...if you listen to the evaluators it’s clear where they stand...every day the Pitts believers grows stronger!

Kiper has him at 2 overall as well!

I haven’t heard anybody but Dolphin fans that think Smith will get drafted before Pitts.
And Smith is dropping like crazy in every Mock draft or draft value projection. Smith has really hurt his value by
Refusal to weigh in at Senior bowl
Refusal to weigh in and workout on the same day.
2 months to just add weight and comes in at 170lbs.
Recent drafts have Smith being drafted after Chase, Waddle, Bateman and Toney. I had to triple check a few recent Mocks. One had Smith going to KC (31) while the other had not even going in round one.

As days past by, I am of the opinion waddle will drop because he is not 100% . Pick will be between smith or pitts.

And Smith is dropping like crazy in every Mock draft or draft value projection. Smith has really hurt his value by
Refusal to weigh in at Senior bowl
Refusal to weigh in and workout on the same day.
2 months to just add weight and comes in at 170lbs.
Recent drafts have Smith being drafted after Chase, Waddle, Bateman and Toney. I had to triple check a few recent Mocks. One had Smith going to KC (31) while the other had not even going in round one.
Smith scored 48 TDs for Alabama over his college career. He is coming straight off an incredible season in which he won the Heisman trophy - the first WR in 30 years to win the award. He also has the advantage that he has invested countless hours of catching balls from Tua.
Yes, he's slim but he has consistently killed his opponents with his fluid agility and natural brilliance. I don't believe the hype that his draft value has plummeted. I think that he is still the likely favorite for the Dolphins #6 selection. In fact I would have picked him at #3 before the trade because I think that he is just that good..

Last edited:
Are you really comparing a 250lb, 6-6 TE with WR speed and the wingspan of a small aircraft to a
6-1, 160lb receiver that will probably set e new record for the thinnest (lightest) player to ever play in the NFL...
1. Very small sample
2. He wasn't blowing him away.
3. Smith was the best WR for Alabama in 2019.
4 Games

Waddle-557 yards 4 TD’s 22.28 yards per catch
Smith-483 yards 3TD’s 12.71 yards per catch

Back
Top Bottom