What will be your reaction if: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be your reaction if:

Dolphins at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and they select - DeVonta Smith WR

• Total voters
Smith scored 48 TDs for Alabama over his college career. He is coming straight off an incredible season in which he won the Heisman trophy - the first WR in 30 years to win the award. He also has the advantage that he has invested countless hours of catching balls from Tua.
Yes, he's slim but he has consistently killed his opponents with his fluid agility and natural brilliance. I don't believe that his draft value has plummeted. I think that he is the likely favorite for the Dolphins #6 selection.
Seriously doubt he’s above 3rd...probably 4th as Waddle is far more explosive.

I think all 4 of those guys have similar odds of success in the NFL and I also think none of them are value mistakes at #6.

You could try and exploit mistakes of other gms by dropping either Smith or Waddle on their boards for shaky logic and try and grab them later. But that doesnt make it a mistake to pick them at #6.

In the end, I'd prefer Pitts or Smith but I realize Im splitting hairs here and would ultimately be happy with any of them.

Wow, pleasantly surprised to see so many votes that would be favorable to this.
Most of us really do want the fins to win more than we want to be right... oh, there are a few malcontents here... but by and large, we are all on the same team.

Hey, I'm clearly in the Ja'Marr Chase camp. But if Smith is the pick, I'm 100% behind the kid and really hope he can beat press coverage and stay healthy. Because if he can do that, he's destined for stardom. :)

The Dolphins are on the clock at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and the Miami Dolphins select - DeVonta Smith WR - Alabama.

I see so many locked into Pitts that there is a real possibility Grier and Flores do not want him or see him as a need. Draft night will be entertaining again on here regardless.
1617762044934.png

You people don't know a good thing when you see it. The Slim Reaper is the best WR to come out in a long time. Marvin Harrison, Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice type

I refuse to keep passing up Heisman winners. First it was Lamar jackson and now we have a chance to get a proven beast of a.reciever.

You people don't know a good thing when you see it. The Slim Reaper is the best WR to come out in a long time. Marvin Harrison, Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice type

I refuse to keep passing up Heisman winners. First it was Lamar jackson and now we have a chance to get a proven beast of a.reciever.
Tim Tebow... Marcus Mariotta... Jameis Winston... Johnny Manziel...

yup...

BEASTS!

yup...

BEASTS!

We didn't even have the ability to draft those guys. They also play another specific position that can't be judged the same way in how production will translate to the next level.

If Smith isn't the best player why couldn't Waddle produce like him? Why couldn't Pitts even get close to doing so? Pitts is all potential. Smith is a proven commodity in regards to producing big.

Seriously doubt he’s above 3rd...probably 4th as Waddle is far more explosive.
So many on this forum think College football is on the same level as the NFL. What they don't realize is that so many amazing College players fall flat in the NFL and not only that you want a WR that is 30 pounds under weight compared to his peers? Crazy...but to each their own.

I hope this helps you understand just how underweight Smith really is. Marvin Harrison was considered to small coming out of college and is 1 inch shorter and weighs 25lbs more than Smith. That's just ridiculous.
Since Smith refused to be weighed at Senior bowl and then had 2 months to add weight and refused to workout and weigh in the same day his draft value has plummeted.
Before all that Smith was rated #1 WR in the draft. Now? He is rated between 4 and 6th best WR in the draft.
It's really simple, he isn't NFL size.

yup...

BEASTS!

Agreed! Imagine where we would be if we drafted all of the Heisman beast!

Out of all of those, Smith would be my last choice at 6.

Pitts > Chase > Waddle > Smith

If Waddle hadn’t gotten injured Smith would be a bottom 1st pick and not have won the Heisman

Back
Top Bottom