What will be your reaction if: | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be your reaction if:

Dolphins at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and they select - DeVonta Smith WR

• Total voters
I will be happy.

It will be nice, as a Phin's fan, to finally see a WR catch the ball without a defender already tackling him.

Also nice to see a WR not trip or fall on slants and quick in routes.

I honestly think he’s going to be the pick so I’ve been mentally preparing myself for this. I think he’s the best fit for our offense and if Fuller/Parker stay healthy that’s an exciting trio with complimentary skill sets. With that being said I’m a firm believer in drafting the best prospects that check the most boxes. And Pitts/Chase are both right above him for me.

Yeah it’s pretty easy if we draft him we must support him regardless of where he’s perceived to be in terms of ability when choosing from Pitts, waddle, smith or chase. You could argue who the best of the 4 are or their order of ranking but they would all be an effing upgrade snd extremely useful in the long run if they stay injury free. Any of them would be cool snd we will get one. Happy days

Big difference in opinion on Smith. I think he is the best WR coming out this year, and on level ground with Jefferson from last year.

So only 7% of those polled would not be happy.

Not bad.

Big difference in opinion on Smith. I think he is the best WR coming out this year, and on level ground with Jefferson from last year.
...and I would put him at 5th or even 6th on my list of receivers.

You are correct; he is the receiver with the widest range of ratings here at FH.

Why do you say that? Can he block during run or passing plays effectively?
chase doesnt play at a 4.38 speed imo. to me he doesn't run as good as routes as smith, and he is lazy as hell blocking. what he is good at is point of attack while the ball is in the air and rac. Smith plays faster imo. smith is an effort guy. plays bigger than he is and is strong. he gives all out effort whether he is blocking or running a route. he is probably the best route runner in the draft.. is also good at the point of attack when the ball is in the air. while not as good breaking tackles like chase is also a very good rac guy.
pitts is undersized for an inline te, but go watch him block he is no slouch and is better that gesicki blocking

...and I would put him at 5th or even 6th on my list of receivers.

You are correct; he is the receiver with the widest range of ratings here at FH.
I’ve read many reports that say the only negative on Smith is size. Is that your take or do see other things?

Hell I'm going to be excited if they take pits Chase or Smith at 6. I honestly do have reservations about taking waddle at 6 coming off a lower body injury, but that wouldn't disappoint me too long either. I'm on the fence with those three for sure I see great things in all of them. However I do think it is freaking ridiculous how many people on here change tunes against Smith, considering how they reacted or overreacted to the national championship game. Smith was good before that game, he's been good ever since he stepped foot on Alabama's campus, I understand reservations and liking some more than others. But it's a damn joke when it wasn't that long ago that people were worried about him going number two to the Jets and now all the sudden that talent's gone.

I’m ok with any of the top skill guys (chase , pitts , smith , waddle ) if we draft Sewell I will cut myself

Back
Top Bottom