What will be your reaction if: | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be your reaction if:

Dolphins at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and they select - DeVonta Smith WR

• Total voters
Scheme was helpful in getting him open. Talent surround him also leaves some questions about all Alabama offensive players..mostly!
Yes, but doesn‘t that speak more to production? I’m talking about his game, they way he plays. Alabama played some very talented teams and no one had an answer for him.

Love it, just as long as the Coaching staff can get him into gear as an NFL level player and he performs well.

8a53d3d1cace7e9998a6b01091998542second string basenji.jpg

Climbing the ladder of superiority can take different paths.

I wonder how much input Tua has on this decision. Tua knows Smith and Waddle better than anyone else in our front office.
Probably quite a bit. Waddle is great but the issue with him is you don’t draft an injured player that high if he won’t be ready for the start of the season. The Falcons are the wildcard. The pick will be smith I believe.

I’ve read many reports that say the only negative on Smith is size. Is that your take or do see other things?
Core strength...

This is related to 'size', but I think it could be a problem. Right now, as a slighty overaged player, he is succeeding partially because he is just more polished than those trying to cover him... and that ends on his first day.

I don't think he'll be effective in the red zone and I do think he can be redirected out of bounds by bigger, smarter NFL players.

I think he'll be a dynamic #2 WR in the NFL. A good player, but not a first round pick.

No, go offense this year and surround Tua with play makers so he can have a chance to shine. Next year go for defense since it was pretty good last year.

I mean you had Csonka who was the original beast mode, then Kiick who could do it all with running and catching out of the back field, then Mercury Morris with that blazing speed who could take it to the distance every time he touched the ball. A perfect back field.:UP:

All this Bullshit about you don't need a running game, wait until the play offs when defenses expose one dimensional teams that only throw the ball. You need balance to win it all!!!

To beat the Super Bowl teams the Buccaneers and Chiefs you need pass rushers and running backs. Pass rushers to get to their quarterbacks and running backs to keep the ball away from them.

Any other option than pull for the kid to be in the hall of fame and you should go root for a new team. We are Miami dolphins fans and we support whomever dons that aqua orange and white on sundays.

I hate it that only one member of the Dolphins teams for 72 and 73 are in the Hall of Fame. Bill Stanfill, Manny Fernandez, Vern Den Herder, Jake Scott and Dick Anderson deserve to be included in my honest opinion. 🤬😡

I hate it that only on member of the Dolphins teams for 72 and 73 are in the Hall of Fame. Bill Stanfill, Manny Fernandez, Vern Den Herder, Joke Scott and Dick Anderson deserve to be included in my honest opinion. 🤬😡
I was implying the Dolphins No Name defense with Nick Bouniconti as the only one enshrined.

chase doesnt play at a 4.38 speed imo. to me he doesn't run as good as routes as smith, and he is lazy as hell blocking. what he is good at is point of attack while the ball is in the air and rac. Smith plays faster imo. smith is an effort guy. plays bigger than he is and is strong. he gives all out effort whether he is blocking or running a route. he is probably the best route runner in the draft.. is also good at the point of attack when the ball is in the air. while not as good breaking tackles like chase is also a very good rac guy.
pitts is undersized for an inline te, but go watch him block he is no slouch and is better that gesicki blocking
I would be ok with all 3 including Sewell as well. But I would prefer Pitts the least. I think that with Tua's familiarity with Smith, they would have years of practice and timing ahead of anyone else in the draft or even on our team. That is why getting Najee Harris would also be to our advantage as well. If we are able to get both of those guys I think our team would evolve much faster than we could otherwise.

It's certainly not the fault of the OP, but I can never find a right response in the poll. You can only choose one, but you could hate, love, or be OK with it, also think he's a playmaker, and whatever you think you should hope he becomes a HOF'er with the Phins. (That's assuming you're a Dolphins fan - I guess it's tribute to this board that some non dolphin fans come for info).

No one has put 'find another team' yet? :lol:

I almost did it just to troll...but no seriously if we get Smith I hope he becomes the next Jerry Rice....I just hope he can last in the NFL....maybe getting NFL trainers into the mix he can bulk up without sacrificing any of that elite agility.

Back
Top Bottom