What will be your reaction if: | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be your reaction if:

Dolphins at #6 with Pitts, Chase, Sewell and Waddle on the board and they select - DeVonta Smith WR

• Total voters
We didn't even have the ability to draft those guys. They also play another specific position that can't be judged the same way in how production will translate to the next level.

If Smith isn't the best player why couldn't Waddle produce like him? Why couldn't Pitts even get close to doing so? Pitts is all potential. Smith is a proven commodity in regards to producing big.
Two words...

Desmond
Howard

Darren Sproles was listed at 5'6 190lbs! Steve Smith over 184lbs

I liked the idea of drafting Smith but only if he falls to 18th pick. He may not even weight more than 170lbs.

Last edited:
Not a big surprise to me. Lots of people wanted him at #3
There has certainly been plenty who have wanted him. Given the pages and pages of debates of folks saying he is too thin, I figured there would be more upset if he is the pick. Glad to see that doesnt seem to be the case.

There has certainly been plenty who have wanted him. Given the pages and pages of debates of folks saying he is too thin, I figured there would be more upset if he is the pick. Glad to see that doesnt seem to be the case.
I don't think many of us anti-Smith people think he'll bust... I think the prevailing opinion is that he won't really be a #1 WR on a team, being more suited to between the 20s work.

A nice 2nd receiver who won't be worth his draft position.

It's not easy sometimes, but this is a trust issue for me. In that, I have to trust Grier and Flores have done their homework and will pick the right guy. I have my favorites. Sure, I watch a few highlights and read a draft profile here and there, but what the heck do I know? If we take Smith, I will pull for him to be a HOFr just like any guy we take. :-)

Last edited:
Naw... At least with Pitts, it's CLEAR that he is at least one talent tier above the next Tight End (probably two).

I don't think Smith is even the best WR in the class...
So we’re ebron Winslowand Vernon Davis
Not all bad but not screaming too 10 picks

If we miss out on Chase or Pitts then I will be a bit miffed but I think that's mainly due to most probably having those players snapped up right above the #6 pick (presuming Bengals and Falcons grab them)
Its not like Smith is in anyway a bust because he's a potential star. Rather have Smith over Waddle or Sewell. We get Chase or Pitts then its an A+ grade. Getting Smith is an A to A- grade but what do I know. Chase has missed a year and Smith just won the Heisman.

It’s not up to us, of course, but SMITH would NOT be my choice @ 6 ... for few reasons,

- he is a ’strider’
- he is thin
- he is not as versatile as WADDLE

He does remind me of Antonio Brown ... and clearly, that isn’t a bad thing ...

But, i would choose CHASE + WADDLE before SMITH ... even though I have said and am convinced that this FO is enamored with him ...

PITTS is interesting, but the argument about GRONK + HERNANDEZ doesn’t wash ... GRONK can block and hold the line ... GESICKI can’t do that - and likely neither can PITTS ... so the whole 2x TE deal I don’t buy ...

IF you want to say that PITTS is worlds better or that you don’t want to pay GESICKI next year, then ok ... but otherwise, we are good and go get CHASE, WADDLE or SMITH ... BATEMAN even ...

Are you really comparing a 250lb, 6-6 TE with WR speed and the wingspan of a small aircraft to a
6-1, 160lb receiver that will probably set e new record for the thinnest (lightest) player to ever play in the NFL...
No I'm not. You didn't read what I was replying to.

We’re coming out of the #6 pick with

Kyle Pitts + SF’s picks
Devonta smith + SF’s picks
JaMarr Chase + SF’s picks

Either way we are the winners of the top 6
You would think 99% of Dolphin fans would be thrilled with this but look at this forum alone.

Now if we don't get Pitt's because he ran fast one day it's a failure all around.

Sooooooo if Flores decides D.Smith is the best fit for this offense and Tua we the people w zero clue should be mad???????

I want Pitts but I don't know more than Flores and Co. I will trust the decision (they earned it after last season alone!) and look forward to the battle for top spot in the division!!!

Sooooooo if Flores decides D.Smith is the best fit for this offense and Tua we the people w zero clue should be mad???????

I want Pitts but I don't know more than Flores and Co. I will trust the decision (they earned it after last season alone!) and look forward to the battle for top spot in the division!!!
Exactly.

How much worth do we put Smith's history with our QB? One of Tua's struggles last year was trust with receivers. Seems like he and Smith would connect from day one.

How much worth do we put Smith's history with our QB? One of Tua's struggles last year was trust with receivers. Seems like he and Smith would connect from day one.
And with input from Tua, maybe, maybe not, it might make the decision easier if it comes down to the ‘Bama boys.

Back
Top Bottom