What will Dolphins do June 1st/List of possible June 1st cuts........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will Dolphins do June 1st/List of possible June 1st cuts........

I say we should bring in

TE Jay Remiersma (Realese Draper,Perry & Mayes)
P Toby Gowin (Compete with Royals & Roussel)

Also I would've like to bring back Rich Owens but he just Re-signed with the Chiefs for the league Minnimum 1 yr contract.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I say we should bring in

TE Jay Remiersma (Realese Draper,Perry & Mayes)
P Toby Gowin (Compete with Royals & Roussel)

Also I would've like to bring back Rich Owens but he just Re-signed with the Chiefs for the league Minnimum 1 yr contract.

Perry isn't going anywhere. He will be with this team for years to come simply because he is a highly regarded long snapper. You never hear about these guys but they can stick around 10 years if they can long snap. I would like to bring in Jay though so we can ditch Draper/Mayes and go with Remiersma and McMicheal at TE. I would also like us to take a long look at Marco Coleman because I think he would be a better DE pickup for us then Burnett.

Out of all those names there are a couple who I'd like to see make their way to South Florida. Junior Bryant would be a nice addition to our defense in an area of need. I like Coleman and wouldn't mind seeing him back in a 'Fins uniform but I don't think he'd take what Wanny & Co. would be offering. The name that I like most off that list is definitely Keenan McCardell. McCardell has to be one of the most underrated players in the game. He's done nothing but rack up yards and catch TD's for years but has been overshadowed because he's playing opposite Jimmy "Cocaine? Who me?" Smith. If there's any way to land this guy he would be a huge addition and a definite upgrade over any other receiver on this team- yes, that includes Chambers but only because he's inexperienced.

Yes, Remeirsma and McCardell would be great. And so would Gowin, though we just signed a good vet and picked up a good rookie. But we need to look at our holes. Our biggest hole IMO is the LB position. We need depth. I doubt we can get Nickerson for cheap, but he would be a great backup for Zack. What about the others? Who do you like in this group? And I think Burnett will do just fine as a 'Fin.

Two OLBs that might sign for the vet minimum I would like to see on the Dolphins:
Keith Mitchell
William Thomas

I would like to see on our team.....

TE Jay Reimersma (cut Draper, Mayes and maybe Perry)

LB Kevin Mitchell

DE Junior Bryant

first off - why isn't Todd Perry on that list ?

gotta agree w/y'all about McCardell being a major upgrade to McK at #2 WR. Jay Riesmera I am not so sold on, but he's certainly moe proven than Jed or McM.

What about John Fina to solidy the LT - is he much better than Dixon or Smith - obviously the Bills cut Spriggs and kept Fina. I'd take Marco Coleman over Burnett or Sinclair anyday - for the Vet. Min. that is

Add Glenn Parker to that list to give us more depth if not push for starting on the O-line...

What will Dolphins do June 1st?

Hello to all on the Message board. I have been reading the board for a while now and have enjoyed the posts so much that I've decided to join the community.

I'm getting very excited about this upcoming season, and feel we may only be a piece or two away from reaching the super bowl (if we can stay healthy).

Who do you Dolfans expect the Fins to release June 1st? What about signings?????? I see us still needing a WR like Chris Carter, and even another OLB or OL would be welcomed in my mind, especially if they are good enough to start over someone we already have.

What about it? Is there anyone out there that could start for us that we could bring in cap wise?

this thread is a merge of:
What will Dolphins do June 1st by DOLFANMIKE
and
List of possible June 1st cuts........by WCoastFin

thanks

PS.....HERE's WHO MIGHT GO JUNE 1st

I wouldn't be shocked to see any or all of these guys released June 1st based on Fins moves in FA, Draft, and news/other reports.

TE - A. Mayes
OG - T. Perry
TE - E. Perry
WR - J. Ogden
QB - C. McKnown
LB - S. Gaylon
OL - S. Draper

*** C - T. Ruddy (Sure looks like they want an upgrade to me) Is it for grooming or immediate replacement? Maybe the plan is to move him to LG?

TE - E. Perry is the least likely since he is the undisputed long snapper. I am not even sure who is his backup :confused:

I would also be very suprised if we released McKnown or Gaylon since I've read lots of praise for them from the coaching - at least not until the final pre-season cuts

Re: PS.....HERE's WHO MIGHT GO JUNE 1st

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I wouldn't be shocked to see any or all of these guys released June 1st based on Fins moves in FA, Draft, and news/other reports.

TE - A. Mayes
OG - T. Perry
TE - E. Perry
WR - J. Ogden
QB - C. McKnown
LB - S. Gaylon
OL - S. Draper

*** C - T. Ruddy (Sure looks like they want an upgrade to me) Is it for grooming or immediate replacement? Maybe the plan is to move him to LG?

Tim Ruddy is not going anywhere... at least not this year. Even if he were to be replaced in the starting lineup by the Rookie, which I dont think will happen (this year) cutting him would not be smart, as we would have no capable backup.

Also, Todd Perry is not going anywhere either. Because if the way his contract is structured, we gain nothing by letting him go. The hit against the cap would be more than we are paying him this year. Again he is also a capable backup, so if he is displaced in the starting lineup, it wont belikely that he would be released/asked to take a pay cut until next year.

Back
Top Bottom