What Will It Take To Get Gase Fired? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Will It Take To Get Gase Fired?

Anything can happen, but Ross has been patient with head coaches in the past and I think Gase gets one more year. Next year is probably make or break for Gase. I would love to see him bring in an experienced defensive coordinator with a proven track record. I know those guys are hard to find, but to have both a head coach and a defensive coordinator finding their way at the same time seems like a lot to expect. I like the model in Los Angeles with the Rams. Veteran dc, young head coach.

I could see everything changing if a John Harbaugh type coach becomes available. I think that's the part nobody can predict.

Basically, for Gase to get fired after this year would take a very backwards, ignorant Owner or GM.

Basically, for Gase to get fired after this year would take a very backwards, ignorant Owner or GM.
You’re like the people who cheered when Sparano was brought back in 2011 because he “gave us the best chance to win.” Or the people who defended bringing Philbin back for 2015, despite the team’s woeful underperformance in 2014 (not to mention their monumental choke job at the of 2013).

Gase will be brought back in 2019, with Tannehill tied to his hip, no doubt, and that’ll end no better than the previous two regimes did. 8-8 here we go again.

Honestly, Gase can absolutely win me back. In fact, I want him to.

Problem is, the bar just keeps getting higher every damn week. Finishing out that game against the Colts would have been a step in the right direction.

Now I'm expecting some blow-out wins down the stretch.

I just dont see it happening.

Flipping off the media while punching Omar Kelly in his fat head. Then going into Ross's office taking a huge dump on his desk while calling him a big eared doofus.

I don't think that's enough. Ross would merely say that Gase's actions were "somewhat concerning" and then go off on a tangent about how excited he is for Hard Rock Stadium to be in the running for the 2047 Super Bowl, as well as the upcoming HRS upgrades (self-serve soft ice cream dispensers in the rest rooms and an upcoming gluten-free long pork restaurant).

If one of the harbaughs become free, AND Miami finishes 5-11, gase is gone if Ross can secure getting Jim or John first.

Try hiring Nick Cesario again and when he tells you he wants to get rid of Tannehill, give Ross some tissues and ask him to take it like a man.

Last edited:
ross should call him into his office after the last game and tell gase this...

i know we had alot of injuries to key players...so this is what im gonna do for ya...ill give you one more year to prove to me this teams headed in the right direction...

buuuuuut...burke is gone and were hiring someone with experience, no glorified linebacker or cb coach that you coached with somewhere 12 years ago...

annnnnnnnd....you must give up playcalling and hire a real oc to do that, i pay you to be a head coach

(ross pauses briefly to give adam time to answer and as soon as gase opens his mouth to make an excuse as to why he should keep calling plays...)

just kidding, youre fired...now get the **** outta my office!

Going 1-5 or 0-6 to finish the season gets him canned. I think Ross is going to ask him to move on from Tannehill and/or Burke.

Anything can happen, but Ross has been patient with head coaches in the past and I think Gase gets one more year. Next year is probably make or break for Gase. I would love to see him bring in an experienced defensive coordinator with a proven track record. I know those guys are hard to find, but to have both a head coach and a defensive coordinator finding their way at the same time seems like a lot to expect. I like the model in Los Angeles with the Rams. Veteran dc, young head coach.

I could see everything changing if a John Harbaugh type coach becomes available. I think that's the part nobody can predict.
the bottom line our offense need get better. defense give up 27 point is not bad. we need score more point. it was winnable games. we just don't have it factory as team w out Wilson.

You’re like the people who cheered when Sparano was brought back in 2011 because he “gave us the best chance to win.” Or the people who defended bringing Philbin back for 2015, despite the team’s woeful underperformance in 2014 (not to mention their monumental choke job at the of 2013).

Gase will be brought back in 2019, with Tannehill tied to his hip, no doubt, and that’ll end no better than the previous two regimes did. 8-8 here we go again.

And your like the people that can never give a HC a chance to show what he can do when his people, and normal injuries set in.

Getting a quality HC is not easy to do, Philbin I agree was kept way too long with his decisions, but Gase has been hit hard with injuries, bad coaches, players becoming a problems in one way or the other, but through that, I have seen (maybe you haven't, but I have) a HC that still gets more from his team then he should.

Am I saying he's great, or that he has not made mistake? No, I agree that the offensive play calling in many games leaves a lot to be desired, playing this past week not to lose, instead of playing to win with more aggressive decisions upset me, but there is something great that could eventually come out.

This season is not over (though you think so, and odds back you up), next season will be a get it done however you can season, so whether they reach the playoffs or not, Gase should go into the off-season with the attitude he will be coaching for his job..now if something great presents itself this season as far as a HC (John or Jim Harbaugh), then go for it, but if not...for now he is Miami's best option, like it or not.

Peanut says it all rather clearly, An Owner, GM, Head Coach (if you can call Gase that) who believe it or not actually get by on pretty much ineptitude and very little reasoning. Do you all actually listen to his post PC reasoning I mean come on its insane.....
and my favorite:
"...Everybody does the same thing. Everybody goes and looks at the result. And all the good things that happened get lost ..." LMAO
Really said this not making it up...

animated-peanut.gif

It can't get much clearer....What might work ???? .maybe a Owner lobotomy and a huge amount of good Luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom