What Will Make You Happy This Upcoming Season Win Or Lose? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Will Make You Happy This Upcoming Season Win Or Lose?

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
This year will be a win for me if I see consistent o line and d line play. Offense: Protect the QB and open holes for the RB. Defense: Stop the run and get to the QB.

If I see that this year whether they win 3 games or 13 games I’ll be happy. I just want to see consistency

I want to see real growth, from both the players and organization. Not the smoke and mirrors we've seen over the last 2 coaching staffs and front office. In the NBA the Brooklyn Nets have finally begun to turn things around after they Finally stopped chasing the quick fix. Which lead to one of the worst trades in NBA history and many years of bad basketball. It took hiring the right GM and coach, and a change in philosophy at the top. This is exactly what the Miami Dolphins needed; which I believe has happened with the firing of Tannenbaum and Gase. The traditional football structure is now in place, with 1 voice leading the way in Grier. The philosophy has now changed to more of, building through the draft and a spending smartly, type strategy. A breath of fresh air. While nothing has transpired on the field, Yet, the structure and strategy are there, to potentially bring sustained success!!!

Last edited:
What Will Make You Happy This Upcoming Season Win Or Lose?

What will make me happy?

I want to win the lotto. Lose my winter beer belly.

Dolphins go 9-7 in Flores first season.

Dolphins plucking a sleeper QB out of round 3

The NFL to allow contesting pass interference calls during the regular season and under the 2:00 warning in the playoffs/superbowl

The USA being 80 / 20 vs 50 / 50 divided

Oh and Dogs getting along with cats.

All I want this upcoming season is for us to finish the year feeling as though our organization is heading in the right direction. I want positive energy in the building.

I want our young players to show promise, I want to be tough and physical on both lines and I want to feel as though our players rally around Flores and his beliefs. Because if we do that, plus the knowledge of our positional coaches, I think anything is possible over the next couple years.

I want to see real growth, from both the players and organization. Not the smoke and mirrors we've seen over the last 2 coaching staffs and front office. In the NBA the Brooklyn Nets have finally begun to turn things around after they Finally stopped chasing the quick fix. Which lead to one if the worst trades in NBA history and a many years of bad basketball. It took hiring the right GM and coach, and a change in philosophy at the top. This is exactly what the Miami Dolphins needed; and, which I believe has happened with the firing of Tannenbaum and Gase. The traditional football structure is now in place, with 1 voice leading the way in Grier. The philosophy has now changed to more of a; building through the draft and spending smartly, strategy. A breath of fresh air. While nothing has transpired on the field, Yet, the structure and strategy are there, to potentially bring sustained success!!!

THIS!!! +100000 Sir

I mean besides a Super Bowl like crump said.

Being a top 15 least penalized team.

Have a top 18 offense.

Have a top 20 defense.

Seeing Kenyan Drake take the next step and have a pro bowl caliber season, or at least go over 800 yds rushing.

Have the best draft of the last 20 years.

Have our core guys stay healthy.

Don't lose by more than 7 points in the majority of our losses.

Don't start every game slow off the blocks.

Half time adjustments.

Tom Brady breaks his vagina and is forced to retire.

Our front office making the good picks in the draft and not reaching for what they think will be good like in the past.

Signing quality free agents for decent contracts.

Re-signing our own free agents that deserve to stay.

A quality product on the field.

A New QB!

The trenches being built properly.

Doesn't have to be round 1, but identify the players that will work well with the OC mindframe(ZBS or M2M) scheme and draft the defensive linemen that Flores/DC need.

Draft BPA as well. If a center is the best player in that round, take him. Don't be stuck on taking a LB there just because you need one yet the players left at LB are supbar for the round.

Lots of great answers here.

I want the Dolphins to follow the plan. Do what they say they're going to do.

We've heard talk about how they're going to tank to get a top echelon QB in 2020. I want that QB … so I want to see them follow through with that plan. They say they're going to invest in the trenches. Our OL has not been decent for ages, I want to see them fix that. We're implementing an entirely different system, have lots of old and unfitting parts, our DL needs rebuilding. I want to see them rebuild that. They say they're investing in youth and team players, people who are smart and put football first in their life. Let's see them go after guys like that, not just chase the best athlete. They say they're going to teach and stress the basics. I'd like to see young players learning and displaying those basics and learning those things over the course of the year. They say we're going to be multiple fronts and unpredictable on defense, well … show me. Don't give me a collection of one-trick-pony guys with great measurables who can't handle this system. Give me guys who can execute it well, and if they're not quite as fast or explosive, at least I'll know you're building with people who can handle the job you're asking them to do. Our offense is supposed to be adaptable. I want to see us adapt.

I'm buying what Coach Flores and crew are selling. I get that it will be painful and get worse before it gets better. We are braced and prepared for a very rough first season, but will grit out teeth with the understanding that it is the best path towards breaking the cycle of mediocrity and patch jobs. All we ask is that you follow through on your promises. If it doesn't work, well we agree it is worth a try. But if you give up mid-stream … it will all have been for nothing, and we'll be set back another 3+ years and continue to wallow in mediocrity for several more years. So …

Do what you say you're going to do. Build this team according to the vision you sold us.

Back
Top Bottom