What Will Make You Happy This Upcoming Season Win Or Lose? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Will Make You Happy This Upcoming Season Win Or Lose?

That the o-line stop getting pushed around, it was straight up embarrassing see Jesse Davis get MAULED every single week.

Personality and an identifiable direction. I couldn't give a **** what our record is as long as we have those building blocks.

Good question. I broke it down in a few areas.

Coaching
I want to at least see the beginnings of a physical smart, tough-minded, disciplined football team. I also want to see this coaching staff better utilize the talent on the team. Players like Grant, Drake and Stills were criminally underutilized. I want to see better development of players, especially on the offensive line where Miami has struggled for so long, but really everywhere.

Talent Acquisition
Love hearing that the team is committed to building the foundation. As fans, many of us have been screaming for this for years. If all the team does in this offseason is build up the offensive and defensive lines, I'll be happy. Hoping for drastic improvement in both areas. The draft is set-up well for the Dolphins in both areas.

The QB Situation
Since Miami doesn't have the quarterback of the future on the roster, this has to included in any discussion. I'm okay waiting on 2020, but that is risky. What if the team goes 8-8 and ends up picking in the middle of the draft? It's a tough situation. I see two qb's from this draft who have the potential to be top 10 in the NFL - Murray and Haskins. Both will likely be out of reach for Miami. I think the Jets at #3 will be a trading up spot for Haskins if Murray goes #1 overall. SF will likely run up to the podium with Nick Bosa's name on their card.

That leaves maybe Lock, who I think is hit or miss. In his best games, he looks like an NFL starter, maybe even a star. In his worst games, he looks close to undraftable. I'm not a fan of Jones or Grier, but maybe in the 2nd round.

Getting a qb has to be a priority, but I'm okay with building the lines first and perhaps going with a mid-rounder in 2019 and back to qb in 2020.

This year will be a win for me if I see consistent o line and d line play. Offense: Protect the QB and open holes for the RB. Defense: Stop the run and get to the QB.

If I see that this year whether they win 3 games or 13 games I’ll be happy. I just want to see consistency
Losing but only if we get the number one pick. I’d feel better going into the 2020 draft with the number one pick and getting the QB we want

That the rooks and second-year guys prove they are worthy to play well in the NFL for years to come.

Entertaining football games and either unexpected success OR complete failure. If I get boring football games and complete failure, that would make me happy in January, I suppose.

To end the season playing better football than the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom