What will take to get Wake into the HoF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will take to get Wake into the HoF?

So what will it take?

• 100+ total sacks

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 110+ total sacks

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Super bowl appearance

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • His time put in during NFL/CFL is enough

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

A500

Active Roster
Reaction score
As we are all aware, Cam had a late start to his NFL career. Yet he has been one of the league's best pass rusher year in and year out.
Cam is just entering his 9th season at the ripe age of 35. In the 8 preceding seasons he's managed 81.5 sacks which is good for just over 10 sacks a season. Jason Taylor, for contrast, only managed 9.3 in his 15 seasons. My question to you is, what realistic goal could he meet to get him in? When I say realistic I mean no "5 plus years with 10 sacks a season" while a super bowl I would say is realistic over the course of 3-4 years. Probable? Maybe not, but definitely a possibility.

Or do you think since he played at such a high level during his time that the NFL will look past what other HoFers had achieved and he is already on his way?

Phins up!

IMO not a HOF now. Would need several more 4 or 5 years at his current level to make it. Don't see it happening.

I don't see it happening! He got too late of a start!

It would just be a damn shame if he didn't get in. He fought through so much to make it to where he is

"5 plus years with 10 sacks a season" while a super bowl I would say is realistic over the course of 3-4 years. Probable? Maybe not, but definitely a possibility.

Or do you think since he played at such a high level during his time that the NFL will look past what other HoFers had achieved and he is already on his way?

In this day & age coupled with +5 years after he retires, I believe a superbowl win will do it for him. Just basing that on how Kurt Warner was portrayed with his "short NFL career" & Terrell Davis' venture. Hell, if he hits 100 sacks, that paired with the story of his journey may do it based on how the Hall is now treated as an major event via tv time & so on these last few years.

Maybe it's just me but the HoF doesn't seem to be what it use to be. It's now just a circus day of fresh names to draw in crowds/ratings over people that have should have been in years and years and years ago. While it's a nice little check mark on the end of a player's career, it just now seems to be a a notch to include in your resume for your tv gig after football.

He needs a defining season. JT had the DPOY, and I think Wake would need that type of season with a huge season from the whole team. Guys like Kurt and Terrell got in with short careers due to MVP type years on Super Bowl teams.

He needs 130+ sacks to even be considered or talked about seriously

Minimum of 40 sacks which puts him at 121 but even that isn't a sure thing. If he manages to get into the 130's he should be a lock but that's 50 sacks and a tall task.

8 yeas and he's average about 10 sacks a year so he'd need 5 more at his current pace. He'd be 40 and I just don't think that's realistic.

Minimum of 40 sacks which puts him at 121 but even that isn't a sure thing. If he manages to get into the 130's he should be a lock but that's 50 sacks and a tall task.

8 yeas and he's average about 10 sacks a year so he'd need 5 more at his current pace. He'd be 40 and I just don't think that's realistic.
To be fair he missed basically an entire season. He averages more if you factor that in

He will need a 15+ plus sack season this year and a super bowl title.

He will likely need 2-3 more years and at least double digit sacks in two more seasons.

Wake needs a signature moment. Crushing Brady in the playoffs would be a start.

I don't think it's likely but betting against that man is never a good idea.

2 more years of double digit sacks should do it

See, this is what I think too. I don't see 130+ needed. I think since he played st a high enough level during his time playing professional football (both in the NFL and CFL) plus a couple more good seasons and he's in. It wouldn't make him a first ballot hall of gamer. But I believe he'd get in eventually

Another 50+ sacks, A super bowl ring, Defensive Mvp, and lead the NFL in Sacks in a season something he's never done

I love the guy but don't see him being measured for a jacket

One thing to consider is that it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Not the NFL HOF. They recognized Warren Moon's CFL stats. They should recognize the most dominant defensive player in CFL history. Get 100 sacks and the 2010 All-Decade team and he should get in the HOF imo

Back
Top Bottom