What will the FINS record be in 2005? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will the FINS record be in 2005?

It just seems like I see a new thread like this everyday... whatever... prob just me...

Mr. Right said:
5-7 wins. Tough scheduele. new coach, no QB, horrible Oline. The fins will be lucky to reach .500

Maybe, but that new coach is a GREAT coach and our offensive line will be light-years improved from the debacle that was last year. The actual personell of the line has changed more than people think.

There Will. I Remember The Touchdown Pass To Beat The Patriots To Derrius Thompson. I Believe The Dolphins Will Be 10-6 In 2005. I Have Been A Dolphins Fan For Many Years And If Everyone Can Stay Healthy The Dolphins Can Make The Playoffs. I Believe The Afc East Will Be A Little Weaker This Year.

I Believe Aj Feeley Is A Pretty Decent Qb. We Went 11-5 Two Years With Jay Fiedler And He Had A Terrible Arm. Feeley Has A Very Strong Arm. With A Good Line, Rb, Wrs I Promise Feeley Will Produce. He Probably Won't Be A Pro Bowler But He Will Be A Productive Qb. Peyton Manning Could Not Have Qb'd For Us Last Year.

I predict an overachieving 9-7. We'll make a run at the playoffs but considering the amount of strong teams in the AFC, and the not so favorable schedule (as of right now), its gonna be real tough to land a playoff spot.

PASQUALE said:
17 Broncos at Dolphins 31 (W) 1-0
20 Dolphins at Jets 23 OT (L) 1-1
14 Panthers at Dolphins 27 (W) 2-1
BYE
23 Dolphins at Bills 19 (W) 3-1
26 Dolphins at Bucs 23 (W) 4-1
34 Chiefs at Dolphins 27 (L) 4-2
27 Dolphins at Saints 17 (W) 5-2
24 Falcons at Dolphins 27 (W) 6-2
23 Patriots at Dolphins 26 OT (W) 7-2
30 Dolphins at Browns 20 (W) 8-2
26 Dolphins at Raiders 23 OT (W) 9-2
13 Bills at Dolphins 34 (W) 10-2
20 Dolphins at Chargers 23 OT (L) 10-3
10 Jets at Dolphins 24 (W) 11-3
13 Titans at Dolphins 29 (W) 12-3
17 Dolphins at Patriots 20 OT (L) 12-4

12-4 is doable, but will just wait till the season starts (Shall we guys)!! Here's to 2005!!! Playoff bound??????? (maybe). This IJMO
but, think we all should wait a tad until we know our final roster OK. OK. ;)
wow thats alot of OT :eek:

chrisjp said:
I Believe Aj Feeley Is A Pretty Decent Qb. We Went 11-5 Two Years With Jay Fiedler And He Had A Terrible Arm. Feeley Has A Very Strong Arm. With A Good Line, Rb, Wrs I Promise Feeley Will Produce. He Probably Won't Be A Pro Bowler But He Will Be A Productive Qb. Peyton Manning Could Not Have Qb'd For Us Last Year.

That is a good point. We went 11-5 twice with Jay Feidler. Why can't we do the same with a younger more talented QB and better coaching?

We will hover around 500, my guess is 7-9. We will struggle a bit at first and really start picking it up in the second half of the season.

FinsOwnBrady said:
The dolphins are alot better then there 4-12 record showed as i recall the only game that the dolphins weren't in was the monday night game against the jets.
How many games were we in until our QB threw a pick and the other team took it all the way. They led the league in interceptions thrown for touchdown. We also didn't have a running game which will dramatically be better then last year. So with there adjustments that they have made so far they should be pretty good

Exactly. Even with the cards stacked against the Phins going into last season, we were close in many games. If we were really that bad, it speaks volumes of how bad our opponents must have been.

Got to be 11-5 because look at our team this compared to last year look at that defense if we could get a safety and corner we str8 offense should be str8 now that we got all three healthy and we got h2 feeley stand up

As I said in an earlier post - considering that once again the Fins have the toughest schedule in the NFL (a staggering combined record of 140-116). Only 6 teams we play were below .500 last season and of those 6 we play half of them on the road, which our record was 1-7. Two of the home games are against a good KC team and a very impressive Carolina team, that placed 14 players on the ir last year and went 6-2 the second half of the season. Not to mention we play the defending Super Bowl Champs twice and two other games against division winners.

Its great to see so many fans predict a good and some a "great" upcoming season, BUT BE REALISTIC. A 7-9 record this season, against this schedule and with all the changes in the past year, will be a great start for the Saban era. And that is what I am predicting.

10-6...hopefully it will be better than that...

DolphinDevil28 said:
Maybe, but that new coach is a GREAT coach and our offensive line will be light-years improved from the debacle that was last year. The actual personell of the line has changed more than people think.

Great coach what has he done in the NFL? I know he was a great college coach but we have seen how some of that has translated into the NFL. Before you start labeling him a great coach ATLEAST let him get through a training camp.

Back
Top Bottom