What will Tua have to Do?... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will Tua have to Do?...

Simple he needs to air it out! I’m looking for stat of anyone can provide any data. How much points did we score after getting a turnover?

Exactly, what the heck has Joe Burrow proven yet? Burrow doesn't exactly have a strong arm and is he really that much more athletic than Tua? We will see how Burrow looks coming off of a serious injury as Tua did coming in as a rookie. As for Hebert we will see whether the numbers he put up as a rookie will be the norm or if it was just an aberration and he turns out to be a one year wonder. So many people love talking about the great defense Tua had to play with. Yet decide to overlook the superior talent on offense Herbert and Burrow were playing with.

He had the same damn supporting cast on offense Ryan Fitzpatrick had.

He needs to win. If we're facing a tough game on the road against a good team where we've had a couple of turnovers at halftime. I want him to come out in the second half and freaking bust a cap in whoever it is!! Just win baby!! Make the people love you? It's easy just WIN.

I've seen the Fins give waaaay lesser QB's a much longer starting job than they ever should have had. Many weren't even backup caliber players.

When Tannehill got drafted, I figured he'd be shown a little more patience as he'd only been playing QB for a couple years. And we was. Way too long imo.

Tua was not just a 5th pick. He was commonly thought of as top 2, if not the best QB of the crop. So, expectations are set high. Not that he's shown that he's healthy, expectations get higher. Grier and Flo build a team and scheme for him. Now, the expectations are what you should see from a QB that #tank4tua earned.

Patience is thin for many of the Dolphins faithful and rightfully so.
Let’s hope they build the right scheme around him..

Some qbs need to really measure the speed of the game to settle in, Tua was unfairly put into a season on a team that wasn’t his, coming off a serious injury, and just trying to measure things.

I think he’ll feel that pace much better now..

I’d like to see better spacing by our line creating some throwing angles for Tua and I’d like to see him get a little more depth in his drop.

If Herbert's team has a defense on par with Miami's, does Tua win a game like that? The question is pretty clear, can Tua put a bunch of points on the board against QBs that can take over a game? Guys like Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrow, etc can just dominate a game and they'll be living in the AFC for many years.

I didn't even mention Mayfield, Tannehill or the unknown quantities of Wilson and Mac Jones. There is a possibility Tua is the 4th best QB in his own division. It's a reasonable question.
Both Burrow and Herbert were dominating? What was the combined record of the dominators?

Burrow singlehandedly kept an atrocious Bengals team in games. He threw for over 300+ 5 times and over 400 once. He beat 2 playoff teams and almost beat 2 more. Lost 4 games by a combined 15 points playing with one of the worst defenses in the league behind one of the worst OLs and with a non-existent run game, to commandeer a couple notable Tua excuses.

How many playoff teams did Tua beat with one of the best defenses in the league balling out? One. He threw for 98 yards and completed 12 passes in a game where Tua was outscored by his defense and special teams.
Almost?

Really going to go there?

Both Burrow and Herbert were dominating? What was the combined record of the dominators?
They were dominating. Nothing was said about the team. Tua looked like stir fried sh*t and we won.

Being drafted as high as he was, he is expected to win football games...not just "not lose" them.

Tua needs alot of work. There is really no way to stop the haters this year. He had few good games, but let's be real. He had 3 games that produced under 100 yards passing. That's not a good sign. He needs a year like Hubert had. In his 2nd year. Then in his 3rd year he starts out on fire. I Think the talk will disappear.

They were dominating. Nothing was said about the team. Tua looked like stir fried sh*t and we won.

Being drafted as high as he was, he is expected to win football games...not just "not lose" them.
This isn’t basketball where a player score 50 and loses is hailed as dominant

Be real

Herbert and Burrow didn’t dominate and still lose

Back
Top Bottom