What will Wilkins extension cost? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will Wilkins extension cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be less than Lawrence and Simmons. But it'll probably be a little over 20m per year. Maybe 4 for 86m.
The 20m number stings a little, but it will probably end up around there. If it’s anything below that then I think he took a hometown discount.

Tough decisions are going to need to be made going forward cause we aren’t going to be able to re sign all these guys.

Last edited:
We drafted Wilkins and developed him now you want to trade him.
We really can't afford to not resign him.
Great player and team guy and those are few and far between.
We bring in Chubb Ogbah Ramsey Long Jr because we can't consistently develop players.
Sign your own if they develop period.
We are not that great a team that we can afford to lose Wilkins.
He must stay a Dolphin.
Well said, totally agree

The 20m number stings a little, but it will probably end up around there. If it’s anything below that then I think he took a hometown discount.

Tough decisions are going to need to be made going forward cause we aren’t going to be able to re sign all these guys.

Yeah, in general, I prefer to have more usable players at DT - big bodies that will hold up vs the run but are less expensive due to lack of pass rush. Think Miami is too far along with Wilkins to consider moving on from him, though.

Yeah, in general, I prefer to have more usable players at DT - big bodies that will hold up vs the run but are less expensive due to lack of pass rush. Think Miami is too far along with Wilkins to consider moving on from him, though.
Exactly. You summed it up perfectly

Hustling Damon Wayans GIF

Take it easy guys......nobody here gets to decide what they do with Wilkins. It's ok to have different opinions but the FO doesn’t care what we think so don’t get mad at each other for it....lol
If they did care, they'd have drafted an injured Washington at 51. So like you said, it doesn't matter what we fans think or want. They make the decisions.

I think that what he's being asked to do is working against his sack totals. It seem to me like the DT's are responsible for reading the run first, occupying blockers and stopping the run, which has been a big deal around here for years. We had teams come out in the 4th qtr and run the ball down our throats to essentially win the game. After the run responsibility they are asked to collapse the pocket. JMHO

I agree with you 100%. I also agree that the front office feels the same way. I imagine Chris Grier would love nothing more than to set the market with one of his 1st round picks. One of the crown jewels of his career to make himself look better but it would be a shitty move. You dont over pay someone 10 to 15 mil for being an emotional leader. He led the league in tackles from his position partly because our linebackers are trash. You know what could get us much better linebackers? The 20 mil per year CW will demand

I like CW as a player and personality but no DT or emotional leader is worth that. This would be a Suh 2.0 signing

I nailed this one here. Waddle is the same boat this year. There is no way we can keep Waddle.

They said the same thing of Wilkins. I dont think we should draft a WR but if we do, the writing is on the wall
Waddle has played well when Tyreek was hurt , not crazy about wr at 21 .. not sure where we should go honestly

Sure we can

Agreed.

Waddle is entering his 4th season. Then his 5th year option on 2025. New contract won’t kick in till 2026.

Tyreek gets paid $30M in 2024 and $34M in 2025, then he will be 32 years old with $0 guaranteed and a $56M cap hit in 2026, or $11M dead cap if released.

The succession plan is already written in imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom