What would be your ideal setup on offense and defense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would be your ideal setup on offense and defense?

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
I personally would like to see us stay with the 3-4 but I'm not sure if I'd like to see us incorporate a zone blitz scheme like Pitt has or use more press coverage. I feel we don't have the DBs to run either very effeciently.

On offense I would love to see us move to the WCO with a zone blocking scheme. We don't have the offensive lineman for that outside of the LT and Center but I think it's easier to find guys to use on the O-line for the ZBS than it is for the power running game we've been trying to employ. I also think a QB like Barkley would fit well in the WCO...Luck can play in anything.

I know I've seen a few people say they would like to move back to the 4-3 on defense but I haven't seen much mention about what type of offense people would prefer (yes the one that scores the most post...spare yourself the post). I know there were some a couple of years ago that liked the Don Coryell vertical passing game but I haven't seen it mentioned in a while.

So, what's the preference?

I like the way you think but i just want a team of winners......next year..lol

I think in todays NFL a mulpitle type offense is best..Run the ball well and pass the bell well from any formation.

I think thats what a great franchise qb can give you..changing into the right play at the LOS is key...

I dont prefer one type of offense, i have seen WCO that has been good and ones that have been bad..

Its about excecuting the plays and putting the players in the right role.

My ideal setup for the offense is we get the ball at our oppent's 1 yard line and we have 8 downs to score a touchdown. :lol:

I think in todays NFL a mulpitle type offense is best..Run the ball well and pass the bell well from any formation.

I think thats what a great franchise qb can give you..changing into the right play at the LOS is key...

I dont prefer one type of offense, i have seen WCO that has been good and ones that have been bad..

Its about excecuting the plays and putting the players in the right role.

Yeah I've seen both types of WCO as well. I don't like the way Andy Reid runs the WCO but I do like the way Mike McCarthy runs his in Green Bay. Although I think McCarthy incorporates more vertical routes but he has the QB to do it with. I also like the way Gary Kubiak runs his offense in Houston, he's very balanced with run and pass.

Yeah I've seen both types of WCO as well. I don't like the way Andy Reid runs the WCO but I do like the way Mike McCarthy runs his in Green Bay. Although I think McCarthy incorporates more vertical routes but he has the QB to do it with. I also like the way Gary Kubiak runs his offense in Houston, he's very balanced with run and pass.

Mccarthy does not get enough credit.. His spread like WCO is so much fun to watch.. Their o line has improved so much. Kubiaks run game is fun to watch is well, the zone scheme has worked well there..Shanny uses it and I know ATL used it when they had Warrick Dunn. At the time they were dominate running teams. Colts use the zone stretch running attack as well...

I really think that whatever offense we run that its best to keep the heat on the opposing teams D.

I have come to the belief that the best way to attack the opposing qb is to score points on the other end..

Your attacking him mentally, a qb that thinks he has to score everytime he touches the ball is an uneasy qb.

So scoring alot of points is def the way to go, and attacking downfield seems to be the best way to score points.

Back
Top Bottom