What Would Constitute a Successful Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would Constitute a Successful Season?

Winning the AFC East.

Dolphin fans have been destroyed by two plus decades of mediocrity.

Shula would win the East when prognosticators would predict a 4-10 season. Just sayin!

9-7 for 2020 (No playoffs just yet) That is successful

Because 2021 and 2022 will be our time to shine
11-5 (AFC East Champs #3 Seed) 2021 (Wild Card Win)
14-2 (AFC East Champs #1 Seed) 2022 (Super Bowl Champs)

Agree with pretty much every point SF

Definitely less about record and just seeing the team continue to improve and develop. Would like to see Tua get starts and experience, but for me ideally, that’s after the OL and running game has gotten going a bit first.

Parker puts another 1k yrd season in the books.

Gesiki with 7+ TDs.

Offensive line leads a 1200yrd rushing attack.

Defense rates between 10-18 in all major categories. Especially with the money spent on that side of the ball.

Tua plays a few games and looks the part.

Wins and losses will be in the greater scheme of things, irrelevant.

9-7 for 2020 (No playoffs just yet) That is successful

Because 2021 and 2022 will be our time to shine
11-5 (AFC East Champs #3 Seed) 2021 (Wild Card Win)
14-2 (AFC East Champs #1 Seed) 2022 (Super Bowl Champs)
We will see how this plays out.

Winning the AFC East.

Dolphin fans have been destroyed by two plus decades of mediocrity.

Shula would win the East when prognosticators would predict a 4-10 season. Just sayin!

Put the bong down and slowly walk away from the ledge. Just sayin.

Health as well, getting at least 13 games out of X would go a long way to keeping him here. Preston staying healthy is a Boost for the offense. Also I'm interested in how they sub their backers this year. Goal line will we see mcmillian and roberts? Nickel backers hill and baker?

Just want them to focus on the process. Just do that and it'll lay a solid foundation.

I think that's all...

5 wins. That's it. Not 1 crazy, miracle win. Not 1 fluke. 5 real wins out of any of these scenarios:

A shutout. I want our defense to be that good. This year.

A blowout. I want our whole offense to be capable enough to beat a bad team badly.

1,000 yard rusher. I love the Brieda/Howard combo. One of them will special this year.

A repeat/continuance of the DP/PW combo. They need to show it wasn't a fluke. I think they're YAC numbers will improve when Tua comes in. He's shown an ability to put the ball where the receiver not only can high-point 50/50 type catches, but also, and more frequently, in a spot the receiver doesn't have to slow down.

Just a little evolution of MG. A little better at blocking. Not to the point of being used primarily in the run game, but more so to the point where defenders actually take his block serious enough to bite on play fakes.

5 real wins. That's all.

5 wins. That's it. Not 1 crazy, miracle win. Not 1 fluke. 5 real wins out of any of these scenarios:

A shutout. I want our defense to be that good. This year.

A blowout. I want our whole offense to be capable enough to beat a bad team badly.

1,000 yard rusher. I love the Brieda/Howard combo. One of them will special this year.

A repeat/continuance of the DP/PW combo. They need to show it wasn't a fluke. I think they're YAC numbers will improve when Tua comes in. He's shown an ability to put the ball where the receiver not only can high-point 50/50 type catches, but also, and more frequently, in a spot the receiver doesn't have to slow down.

Just a little evolution of MG. A little better at blocking. Not to the point of being used primarily in the run game, but more so to the point where defenders actually take his block serious enough to bite on play fakes.

5 real wins. That's all.

An extension of the DPPW stimulus benefits package, lol...

What constitutes a successful season for me?

That's simple! Going into next season as a contender. We lay that foundation this season on the field.

With such a roster churn successful would be the playoffs. Not bad would be at least winning half of our games. OK would be at least one more win than last year. Not successful at all would be the same or worse record than last year.

Back
Top Bottom