What Would Constitute a Successful Season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would Constitute a Successful Season?

Successful season-

Staying completive, the blowout losses last year was embarrassing

Getting more than 5 wins over last year

Winning the division or making the playoffs

8-8 is fine with me for this season. Relatively new HC, new OC (offense)...as long as we played and coached like we did towards the end of the season I'll accept the outcomes...

I'll still be critical...but it won't be coming from a malicious place if those conditions are met.

Those are all excellent goals. While I have zero confidence in #3, as I believe our Tua Blindside protector was drafted to be Austin Jackson, I'd say all of those are realistic and fine barometers for success.

I might add a few more.
7. We have an NFL season that lasts at least 12 games.
8. The Dolphins win more games than last year so Coach Flo & Co. can avoid the hot seat.
9. The Jets avoid the playoffs, because let's face it, the Patriots and Bills are making the playoffs baring disaster, but if the Jets make it, that one will sting.
10. Our LB's and DL's develop because last year Coach Flo's front 7 (well really front 5 or 6) simply wasn't good enough. Van Noy alone should help, and Ogbah and Lawson should be major upgrades as well.
11. Our rookies and young players stay healthy so they can learn and develop.
12. We stick to the plan and keep developing our youth, instead of panicking and benching them for vets to avoid getting the coaches fired. Those guys need these reps and growing pains to develop, and this year may not be a tank, but it is definitely a rebuilding year, so they should get those reps.
Great points. Austin Jackson could be an option at right tackle. I still think we'll see a couple of adds there when the draft roles around next year.

Successful season-

Staying completive, the blowout losses last year was embarrassing

Getting more than 5 wins over last year

Winning the division or making the playoffs
I could see Miami being in the 5-8 win range and I'm okay with that as long as we see players developing, a more competitive team etc.

I think nfl should have 32 team tournament.. after that end season short..2020. It going be hard season because dolphins have lot of new piece.this virus is no joke

Last edited:
A successful season will always be bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Miami.

If that can't happen than winning the AFC East would be successful, given that the Patriots are depleted and it's open for the taking. Anything less than that will be a failure to me.

A successful season will always be bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Miami.

If that can't happen than winning the AFC East would be successful, given that the Patriots are depleted and it's open for the taking. Anything less than that will be a failure to me.
Hopefully we'll be talking about that as a possibility as early as 2021.

Just to be clear, you won't rank the OL by all 16 games to determine ranking, right? If "by season's end" you mean ranking of last 4-6 games, I'll agree

Exactly. We could have a terrible first half of the year with the O-Line while coaches play wack-a-mole with who plays where but as long as it jells in the last couple games and 'comes of age' by the end of the season, I'm good.

I would like to see all the new coaches that were hired come in and prove their worth.
Have Flores show that he has a good eye for everyone he brought in to lead.
Also seeing a plan unfold for the players drafted, and finally having a solid front office who work well together.

Back
Top Bottom