What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami?

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score

1) How far up would we need to move to in the draft?
2) How much would that move cost us in trade capital?
3) Could we make an immediate trade to whichever team does get Linderbaum?
4) If we could make that trade, how much would it cost us?

I'm down with going after Linderbaum, but the cost could be too great. Who else needs a great Center? What's the highest pick spent on a Center before?

I'm seriously hoping that this combine, moreso than other years, inflates as many QB's into the top 10 as possible. If 5 QB'S go before 29, I'll be happy af.

What do you do if Linderbaum, Raimann, Burks, and London are available at 29?

I'm down with going after Linderbaum, but the cost could be too great. Who else needs a great Center? What's the highest pick spent on a Center before?

I'm seriously hoping that this combine, moreso than other years, inflates as many QB's into the top 10 as possible. If 5 QB'S go before 29, I'll be happy af.

What do you do if Linderbaum, Raimann, Burks, and London are available at 29?
The best center seems to go 18th-31st overall if you follow the last 2 decades of drafts. I would say most years they go earlier than 24th overall, but there was a few weaker classes (for the position) where the first went in the 2nd round. My honest guess is a swap with the Eagles for our pick, 15th overall, might be where we need to go. You have to remember if they lose Kelce, they have the 15th, 16th and 19th picks and would be a prime landing spot for Linderbaum.

What's it cost, historically, to move from 29 to 15? I'm interested...

I'd like to keep 50 this year as I feel our second day picks will bear the depth of Edge, LB, WR and CB positions this year...

I'd lump something together though to net Linderbaum first.

ETA: The strategy might be to wait and see...if Linderbaum makes it to 29, like it was destiny, they take him. Otherwise, they target the BC kid Lindstrom...

Last edited:
I'd like to keep 50 this year as I feel our second day picks will bear the depth of Edge, LB, WR and CB positions this year...

I'd lump something together though to net Linderbaum first.

ETA: The strategy might be to wait and see...if Linderbaum makes it to 29, like it was destiny, they take him. Otherwise, they target the BC kid Lindstrom...
Agreed on keeping 50. Bound to be a steal at that spot. But If linderbaum slides at all, I think a lot of teams will be making calls on each pick leading up to ours....maybe moving up a few spots instead of 14 spots is worth it. I don't think we end up getting him, but I think we could still get starters at both 29 and 50.

we're not trading up for a center so get over it

Let the draft come to you, trading.up for a Center is a bit risky considering how few times a Center is picked in the 1st.

Do your homework, how many teams might be In the market for a Center, then of those teams, which would take a Center before another position.

If it looks like there may be 2 or more teams after #18, that may pull the trigger...Then maybe try to move up if that is your priority.

Well, great news today.

Apparently he measured small. His small size or arms, might cause him to slide a bit.

Just start spamming his trex arms maybe he slides to 29

As far as the football player goes, he's absolutely one of the top 20 players in the draft. That said, due to being a Center he'll likely get selected after 20 and he may well be there for us around 29. We never know who will slide but some great ones always do, and in this draft I think we'll be surprised how he ends up going right around our pick in Rd 1.
A side note is that our new OL Coach also had a pretty good Center at Boston College that he may (or may not) be comfortable taking a little later in the draft. I could see that being a real possible scenario come draft day.
Having watched some of Lindstrom's BC highlights, I don't think he's half the player Linderbaum is. Lindstrom has slower feet, is a bit clunky on technique, and not a banger. He does do well making contact, and he does play smart football though.

Last edited:
I would love to see Linderbaum in a dolphins uniform, but I think we need to slow down just a little bit here. He would be a great piece for our offensive line, but singularly he is not going to transform us overnight into a Super Bowl contender. Especially if you were considering giving up our second round pick to do so or an early pick in 2023. If he were to fall into the low 20s that I can see moving one of our fourth rounders this year and maybe a third through fifth rounder next year to do so.

Back
Top Bottom