What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami?

I would do a 3rd or lower, but have a feeling most team will only see the amount of picks we have this year and next year, and be strict on a 2nd this year, or 1st next year.

I want Linderbaum bad, so don't think my don't blink stance has anything to do with me not wanting him, I just don't want to get burnt like we have when we trade up.

Agreed.

I'm OK if he doesn't work out and I traded a 3rd or lower.

But a 2nd or 1st? Yeah that would sting and hurt lol

It still amazes me. Wirfs would be a Phin right now, if Grier gave up a 3rd.

Instead, we got Jackson.

I believe Wirfs production has outshines Jackson by more than a 3rd round value.

Lol they were drafted what 5 spots from each other.

They are a perfect example. Jackson was arguably the next rated tackle. Look at the diferrence in play.

I understand Center's are rated diferrently than tackles. But I keep saying it. There's a reason he's a 1ST round rated prospect with some claiming he could go top 10.
And the next best center is rated 2 rounds later.
Unless you buy into the Zion hype. But we will now be pulling a Flores.

Linderbaum probably won't make it to us. We may have to trade up.

Lindstrom will probably be available at 101.

If trading 101 could land us Linderbaum, we'll worth it over Lindstrom or any other prospect available at 101.

Unless, it's Smokey Monday
I don't know how good that kid is..... but I want to draft him just because of his name.

some mock drafts have him going in the 20s so they may not need to move up much.

some mock drafts have him going in the 20s so they may not need to move up much.

Yup.

That also makes a trade involving a player more possible

By himself DVP probably gets us a 4th at best.

But maybe LV values him more in a trade including the 29th pick

I know Arizona wants a WR.

So who knows.

There's creative ways to do it without giving up quality picks.

I love Linderbaum and would love to get him, he would fit the scheme nicely, but I'm not trading up in the first for a center.
If we miss out then maybe we get a shot at Zach Tom later in the draft. Tom played Center for 2 years at Wake and did not allow a single sack in those two years. He was also the only power 5 Center with 500+ snaps to not commit a penalty. He moved to LT this past year where he scored the highest (92.1) power 5 PFF pass block grade.

Screenshot_20220306-082016_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220306-081926_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220306-075203_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220306-075612_Chrome.jpg

The shuttle time of 4.47 put him in a group of only 24 OL ever to crack 4.47 or better. Here is that group.

Screenshot_20220306-075828_Chrome.jpg

Tom graduated from Wake Forest which carries high academic standards where he was also All ACC Academic 1st team. Having smarts as a center is a good quality to add.

Would you be willing to trade up a few spots for Olin Kreutz.

He wasn't just an ordinary center. I know he went in the 3rd.

But I personally would trade up for a guy like Kreutz rather than get the next best Center who is graded atleast 2 rounds lower.

So here's the choice.

Trade a 3rd to draft Kreutz
Or
Draft Draft Dieter in the 3rd or 4th round.

I'm not saying Linderbaum is a Kreutz. Just using him in this very eloquent and perfect hypothetical lol
We're not a center away. We need players.

We're not a center away. We need players.

Fair enough, and I can understand that completely.

I have stated on this site I'm not a draft guru. I don't follow college much. Outside of round 1 I don't know much.

So I ask sincerely.

Who can we draft at 101 that would outweigh the benefits of trading 101 to get Linderbaum?

Cook? Maybe but than that means we passed on the top talent for a bargain again.

We are not a center away, you ate correct
But you still need a few of the best option at their positions.

We can't keep taking the 4th 5th or 6th best option.

AT some point we need the best.option.

Problem is our 3rd won’t be enough to move up to 15-18 to secure Linderbaum - according to the draft value chart our second will be what it takes to move up that far. This all goes back to Grier not being able to judge talent and giving away picks. Last year we had pick #3 which would have been Chase or Pitts, and he traded it for #12, and firsts in 2022 and 2023. Then he gave up a ton of those picks to move back to 6 to take Waddle. I like Waddle but that was way too much to give up. If not we are sitting at 15 this year plus another first. Plus because of his picks we took Jackson and Noah - both picks wasted. Also, take Herbert instead of Tua and trade up for Lamb one pick and take Taylor instead of Noah - completely different team if we had done that.

Problem is our 3rd won’t be enough to move up to 15-18 to secure Linderbaum - according to the draft value chart our second will be what it takes to move up that far.

Oh yeah, I'm not talking about 15-18. Like I've said, I'm not trading a. 1 or 2 to move up for him.

I'm talking about if he makes it to say 22 or so.

I would not entertain anything more than a 3 to trade up for him.

Linderbaum and Spiller/walker or Hall is a better draft than say Zion/pick your player/ cook.

Just my opinion of course. But again, not a draft guru lol.

I prefer Spiller, but he's hurt apparently. Ugh

Fair enough, and I can understand that completely.

I have stated on this site I'm not a draft guru. I don't follow college much. Outside of round 1 I don't know much.

So I ask sincerely.

Who can we draft at 101 that would outweigh the benefits of trading 101 to get Linderbaum?

Cook? Maybe but than that means we passed on the top talent for a bargain again.

We are not a center away, you ate correct
But you still need a few of the best option at their positions.

We can't keep taking the 4th 5th or 6th best option.

AT some point we need the best.option.
You need to start somewhere!
I recommend starting with the offensive line.
All good offensive lines start with the center!

Take it from there - LOL

You need to start somewhere!
I recommend starting with the offensive line.
All good offensive lines start with the center!

Take it from there - LOL

Agreed. Just do it baby lol

Let the draft come to you, trading.up for a Center is a bit risky considering how few times a Center is picked in the 1st.

Do your homework, how many teams might be In the market for a Center, then of those teams, which would take a Center before another position.

If it looks like there may be 2 or more teams after #18, that may pull the trigger...Then maybe try to move up if that is your priority.
Pittsburgh....He wont get past Pitt IMO. And trading up to where they are is gonna be expensive.

Agree, let the draft come to us.

I figure Grier will package our 1st, 4th and 5th to trade up and get center Colin Newell BYU. Not that he would need to trade up to get him, but it would fit the way Grier thinks about OLmen. He usually trades up or overdrafts players that everyone else has much lower and they turn out to be Austin Jackson.
Any scout on the dolphins who has had any input towards our OL draft picks should be tied to a tree and beaten thoroughly before being fired, and left with a tattoo across his forehead that says, "CAN'T DRAFT OL".
But this is just a mandate, not an actual law.

Agreed.

I'm OK if he doesn't work out and I traded a 3rd or lower.

But a 2nd or 1st? Yeah that would sting and hurt lol

It still amazes me. Wirfs would be a Phin right now, if Grier gave up a 3rd.

Instead, we got Jackson.

I believe Wirfs production has outshines Jackson by more than a 3rd round value.

Lol they were drafted what 5 spots from each other.

They are a perfect example. Jackson was arguably the next rated tackle. Look at the diferrence in play.

I understand Center's are rated diferrently than tackles. But I keep saying it. There's a reason he's a 1ST round rated prospect with some claiming he could go top 10.
And the next best center is rated 2 rounds later.
Unless you buy into the Zion hype. But we will now be pulling a Flores.

Linderbaum probably won't make it to us. We may have to trade up.

Lindstrom will probably be available at 101.

If trading 101 could land us Linderbaum, we'll worth it over Lindstrom or any other prospect available at 101.

Unless, it's Smokey Monday
I don't know how good that kid is..... but I want to draft him just because of his name.
Yeah, Grier trades a 3rd to move up fir Eich 🤦🏼‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom